Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2017 9:53:28 AM EDT
Flying out next week with my son. Was planning on hitting Kemmerer during the week and try one of the fossil quarries. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
my understanding is there are only a few quarries where collecting is legal those mostly have guided tours out to them.

Good luck post pics of your finds
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:58:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Vertebrate fossils can only be dug on private land. The quarries north of Kemmerer are pretty cool. My wife dug as I have dug lots of rocks. We were on our honeymoon a couple years ago. Still giving them away as gifts.

Huge tip. Watch some YouTube videos on how to split rock before you go. The one we went to was by the hour, keep what you find. If you are not a digger it will take awhile to learn the technique if you don't prepare ahead of time.

Good luck. The one we went to had lots and lots of fish. We brought home fifty or more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top