Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2017 5:36:16 PM EDT
I am headed out to the Greybull area in October for an elk hunt. In preparation for the trip I am trying to get some information on local meat processors. If we are lucky enough to kill one early on in the hunt I would like to get it processed for the ride home. Mississippi now has a law that we cannot bring meat from a CWD state back home unless it is completely off the bone. I figured I may as well look into a processor that may be able to do it while we are in the area.Do any of you in the area have any recommendations?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been told the processor in Lovell, 30 miles away is good.  Also, the processor in Hyatville, about the same distance, the opposite direction is also very good.  

I think those are your only two choices.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been told the processor in Lovell, 30 miles away is good.  Also, the processor in Hyatville, about the same distance, the opposite direction is also very good.  

I think those are your only two choices.
View Quote

Well, that's 2 more choices than I previously had. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:45:54 PM EDT
[#3]
When I get a half beef processed, I use Roger's Meat in Powell. They do a nice job for me although I've never had anything but beef processed.  Farther still than Lovell but it might be another option if you need it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:05:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I get a half beef processed, I use Roger's Meat in Powell. They do a nice job for me although I've never had anything but beef processed.  Farther still than Lovell but it might be another option if you need it.
View Quote

They don't do wild game anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top