Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2014 7:28:03 PM EDT
For the last few years we have been developing a growing 3 gun competition in the Pocatello area.  Schedule for this year has been set and is the first Saturday of each month (except June). Dates are:
April 5
May 3
July 5
August 2
September 6

Matches are held at the Oregon Trail Gun Range.  Here is a link with directions to the range: Range Directions

Matches will start at 9 am and will run probably until 2 or so (dependent upon number of shooters). Cost is $15 for range members and $18 for non members (extra $3 pays a range fee).

Each match will consist of 4 stages and we may include a qualifier stage from 3 Gun Nation.  Our emphasis is on safety and having fun.  Shooter's abilities range from beginners to experienced. All new shooters are welcomed.

Stages will vary from quick to lengthy and more ammo intensive. Targets include paper, steel, clays and the occasional swinger and Texas Star. Bring 100 rounds each of handgun and rifle, 75 of shotgun and you should have plenty unless it is one of those days where hitting the target is difficult.

If you have questions, IM me or email at [email protected].

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!!

We will have four stages for the April 5th match and will also set up a 3 Gun Nation qualifier stage.  We are not affiliated with 3 Gun Nation (yet) but figure we can set up a qualifier course so people can see what that is like.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Held our first match yesterday.  Weather was good and the shooting was fun but the turn out was small with only 7 people shooting.  We ran three stages plus a qualifier as used in 3 Gun Nation.

Hoping the low turnout was due just to it being early April and we get more shooters in May.

Did have fun watching Tucker of High Desert Tactical run a full auto on portions of our stages.  Afterwards he was letting others give it a try.  Nothing like a gun with a happy switch.

If you are interesting in shooting with us, get in touch with me.We would like to see you out there.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Went down to join acpchuck, Tom and the others at their 3-gun this past Saturday in Pocatello.  It was a lot of fun.  My sunburn proves I was there and participated.

Gonna try my best to make the July shoot as well.  

For others interested in SE Idaho 3-gun, SEIPS in Idaho Falls will be having a couple as well.  Here's a link to their schedule:  SEIPS 2014 Calendar

It looks like 3-gun is on the calendar for June 8, June 21, September 7 & September 20 or 21.

Many thanks to Chuck & Tom for putting on a good shoot.

-Q

Link Posted: 5/5/2014 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Q, thanks for the kind remarks. We had big turn out of 19 (for us at least) and had a lot of fun shooting the four stages.  Tom and I had a brief discussion today on what to do in July and I think we have some good ideas.

As we won't have a 3gun in June here in Pocatello, the June 8 match in Idaho Falls will be on my calendar.  Thanks for the info and links.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 12:11:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Our next match is this Saturday, July 5th.  Not sure of all the shooting situations we will have. Figure the round count will be the normal 100 each for rifle and pistol, 50 for your shotgun.

We want to start the safety talk and walk through at 9 AM so show up at 8:30 to sign in and get your gear ready.

Match is at the Oregon Trail Range.  See the first post for a link.

Any questions IM me or email at [email protected]

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad I found this thread.

I've never done three gun, but it looks like a ton of fun.

Let us know when the next competitions are in the Idaho Falls area.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Fernan 3Gun Club has started up.
They had a shake down run May 17th. I shot at the second match June 21st,
It was a blast and a safe event.

See www.f3gc.com for registration info and contact info.

Up coming dates; July 19th, Aug 23rd, Sept 27th, Oct 25th.

The Fernan Range is in North Idaho near Coeur d'Alene.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:09:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Next match is this Saturday, August 2. Will be high in round count for your rifle as we will be shooting a MGM spinner at 100 yards with the rifle then engaging a lot of paper targets at a much closer range.  

As we have progressed through the summer we are making the stages more challenging as for shot placement/accuracy and figuring out how to best run the stage. This match will place an emphasis on shot placement with both rifle and handgun.

So we encourage bringing 150 rifle rounds, 100 handgun rounds and 50 shotgun rounds.  And with the spinner at 100 yards, you really want to make sure your rifle is sighted in at that distance. The main firing line will be open so people can sight in if they need to.  

Range directions are in the first post.  Safety orientation and stage walk throughs start at 9 am.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:03:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Time for our last 3 gun of the season.  We have been trying to increase the difficulty of the stages during the summer and this one should continue the trend.  We will run two stages and then set up for some speed shoots for bragging rights. And then we will have a person on person shoot off where instead of running against the timer, you are going against another shooter.  This will be a bracket system so a chance to see how far you can go in the bracket.

We do plan to have some prizes (nothing expensive) that will be randomly awarded at the end of the day.

Sign in starts at 8:30 and the safety talk/walk through at 9 am.  Range directions can be found in postings above. Questions, IM me or send me an email to Pocatello3gun(at)yahoo.com
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:08:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top