BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am in the way far top right corner of the state, but I do get out to the Flathead occasionally.

Not sure about HAM radio up here. There used to be some old guys that were into it.

Going to have to do some asking around.
View Quote

Ham is pretty active in the Flathead, both on local repeaters as well as HF.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you guys end up on signal or telegram?

In az here we did a lot of testing and telegram has way more features and you can hide your phone numbers, unlike signal.

Im hoping to come through this week, would i be able to meet with someone to be able to get an invite? I plan to be moving north (hopefully idaho, but montana is not out of the running) and also hope to do things in montana (APC event there) so wouldnt mind being able to communicate with you guys if arf goes down or just for quicker comms on time sensitive things.

Let me know, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Did you guys end up on signal or telegram?

In az here we did a lot of testing and telegram has way more features and you can hide your phone numbers, unlike signal.

Im hoping to come through this week, would i be able to meet with someone to be able to get an invite? I plan to be moving north (hopefully idaho, but montana is not out of the running) and also hope to do things in montana (APC event there) so wouldnt mind being able to communicate with you guys if arf goes down or just for quicker comms on time sensitive things.

Let me know, thanks.
View Quote

Not that you guys know me since I'm new to MT, but I'll vouch for him. I'm sure I could get the CO & AZ HTF's as well as Cola Warrior vets to vouch for me...
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not that you guys know me since I'm new to MT, but I'll vouch for him. I'm sure I could get the CO & AZ HTF's as well as Cola Warrior vets to vouch for me...
View Quote

Aww schucks... thanks sir.

I was gonna start an APC telegram chat too, but have stuff going on plus helping organize the az telegram is pretty time consuming.

Not sure what or who else to offer for consideration, but i appreciate any consideration.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:27:17 AM EDT
[#5]
For those of us (ME) that are set in their ways and don't know jack about ham radios What are the set up costs for these alt comms being discussed.

Since this is my last year in the shithole known as ass crack in the sand. I might be able to  do a meet and greet with someone, anyone. in the future

I have only met 2 people that have been on ARFCOM.  sgtar15, who I introduced to arfcom and a buddy of mine who is not to active on here anymore
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For those of us (ME) that are set in their ways and don't know jack about ham radios What are the set up costs for these alt comms being discussed.

Since this is my last year in the shithole known as ass crack in the sand. I might be able to  do a meet and greet with someone, anyone. in the future

I have only met 2 people that have been on ARFCOM.  sgtar15, who I introduced to arfcom and a buddy of mine who is not to active on here anymore
View Quote
Signal and or Telegram do not cost a thing other than the time to setup.  I still prefer Telegram
Really, the best cost ratio is to meet people in person, in your area. No equipment needed; cost of a meal.  Then figure it out from there.
Alternates can be as simple as knowing your locals, and having email/signal/telegram/text with each other.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Signal and or Telegram do not cost a thing other than the time to setup.  I still prefer Telegram
Really, the best cost ratio is to meet people in person, in your area. No equipment needed; cost of a meal.  Then figure it out from there.
Alternates can be as simple as knowing your locals, and having email/signal/telegram/text with each other.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The postal service is still surprisingly useful for non-electronic comms.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top