User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I was supposed to work this morning but the job canceled.  The weather was real shitty l so I just headed home.  On my way I picked up a few hundred rounds of 9mm and .223 and then picked up my daughter from my wife's office.  

The doors to the office are locked these days buy she still has to be there to do insurance things over the phone and computer.  The Owner/Insurance Agent is real cool and is letting my daughter go to work with my wife.  She can sit in a nice, quiet office space and do her homework with minimal distractions.  We live 2 blocks away from her job, and they usually walk.  Other than being at work she is at home with our daughter.

Once my daughter and I got home we did some school stuff, and then I drilled and tapped a Mossberg 500 receiver with a #31 bit and a 6-48 NS tap; and put a rail on it.

Oh, and we got our Rona Dollars today.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Spent 1/2 of my CV dollars on a new shotgun, the other 1/2 went to a bill.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 3:21:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wife completed this weeks 100 mile run/ruck this morning. She was out every 4 hours for the last 24 chewing up a big chunk of it. No thanks.
View Quote
Is this just her own doing, or something bigger?

I'm curious, because when I was in the Army, I was part of a team that started training for the Nijmegen march (25miles/day for four days in full gear with 20something pound ruck). We were just over a month in, when we got told that they weren't going to sponsor any teams that year.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:03:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Not much here to do. The big ransomware recovery is about done, so I am back down to more or less normal days and nights. Mostly.  Need to change the oil in the truck.  Itching for a MTB ride, maybe this weekend I can get one in.  Might even go to the range.  I have a mortorcycle riding course scheduled for the 8th.. so waiting to see if that is going to happen or not. So far the campground I was going to stay at is still open.  The closed all of them here in L&C county the other day.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 10:47:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Went out and about...Costco and Home Depot were as busy as I’ve ever seen them. Fair amount of traffic on King. Burn that gas people!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Went into Costco today. No batch lines like last week. More people let inside than last week.

Fresh sea food back to normal levels.

TONS of TP stacked in a couple isles.

Really didn't see anything that was in short-supply but they did have a shorter list of things they didn't have.

Elsewhere Cabelas was pretty picked over regarding ammo.

In Wally World, like Costco, really didn't see anything that was in short-supply. TP was available.

Got everything I was looking for.

They need to start a staged re-opening of businesses in MT.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 9:17:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I think restaurants are going to have a hard time financially.  It's a hard business that needs traffic to make it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I built some LEGO stuff with the kids, did some yard work, watched a movie, and played family baseball. Wife went out and made about $175 doing Instacart orders.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 9:47:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 1:37:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What is instacart?
View Quote

Grocery shopping/delivery
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Drove up to the cabin in Niehart to see how deep the snow was and if I could get in yet. Still 3' of snow,this coming weeks warm weather should put a dent in it but I suspect it will take a good two weeks of warm weather before it clears out enough to get in. Drove up to Showdown ski resort and watched 3 guys walk to the top of the mountain and come down on sleds. Several families sledding on the lower portion of the mountain and several people cross country skiing. The lodge was open serving carry out coffee,cocoa,beer and mixed drinks. They had a couple of the Ski patrol guys keeping a close eye on everyone in case anyone got hurt.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Drove up to the cabin in Niehart to see how deep the snow was and if I could get in yet. Still 3' of snow,this coming weeks warm weather should put a dent in it but I suspect it will take a good two weeks of warm weather before it clears out enough to get in. Drove up to Showdown ski resort and watched 3 guys walk to the top of the mountain and come down on sleds. Several families sledding on the lower portion of the mountain and several people cross country skiing. The lodge was open serving carry out coffee,cocoa,beer and mixed drinks. They had a couple of the Ski patrol guys keeping a close eye on everyone in case anyone got hurt.
View Quote
Been through Neihart a bunch.

Grandparents have a family cabin in the Kings Hill area.
Spent a lot of time up around the area.

Have seen snow into July at the cabin.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Did the parents make it yet?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did the parents make it yet?

Yep,they left Iowa @0430 Thursday and showed up Friday at 0100 4 stops for gas and nothing else.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:57:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:45:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I agree it's time. Open them up and have standards they have to meet just like the ones that are open now. Gyms could be open with lots of sanitary measures taken. "Social distancing" and maximum allowed people in restaurants, shops, stores, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went into Costco today. No batch lines like last week. More people let inside than last week.

Fresh sea food back to normal levels.

TONS of TP stacked in a couple isles.

Really didn't see anything that was in short-supply but they did have a shorter list of things they didn't have.

Elsewhere Cabelas was pretty picked over regarding ammo.

In Wally World, like Costco, really didn't see anything that was in short-supply. TP was available.

Got everything I was looking for.

They need to start a staged re-opening of businesses in MT.

I agree it's time. Open them up and have standards they have to meet just like the ones that are open now. Gyms could be open with lots of sanitary measures taken. "Social distancing" and maximum allowed people in restaurants, shops, stores, etc.

In my opinion, it shouldn't be a one-size-fits-all solution across the State. I don't get to make those decisions, so we will probably just end up with a state-wide plan.

I did my tree trimming, yesterday. Thought about getting the mower set up, but most of the grass is still asleep. Got the shade trees fertilized, but realized i don't have enough fertilizer for both the wind break and the privacy hedge. So, a trip to GTF is in order this weekend, I guess.
The last of my seeds are sprouting in the indoor garden. We'll be ready to transplant it out into the raised beds in about a month or so.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Picked up my new shotgun at Selway.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Got a needle in my neck! Hope it works.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Picked up my new shotgun at Selway.
View Quote

Pics or it didn't happen!
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Having issues?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got a needle in my neck! Hope it works.

Having issues?

Bulging disc, pinched nerve.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Pics or it didn't happen!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 9:33:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Trimmed and primed all my 6.5x55. Finished loading all my 30-30 and 357 mag brass. Next Big project. A bunch of 30-06 223 and 45 ACP.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#35]
It was so nice out for a change that I took my ATV swimming...

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Built another 5lb propane bottle holder for the trailer.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I have a feeling we might see fire restrictions this year so I purchased a Little Red Campfire In A Can.  This propane bottle will be dedicated for that.

ETA. I have no idea why these photos are 90* off.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Working this morning,going to take another trip this afternoon to the cabin and see if I can get past the snow yet.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Went for another bike ride. Mowed the lawns the second time in 3 days.

Some toy stuff showed up in the mail.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Went for another bike ride. Mowed the lawns the second time in 3 days.

Some toy stuff showed up in the mail.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:06:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Yesterday tore up kitchen tile and removed cabinets, then made an outing to the dump. Today I sat on my ass and the most exciting thing I did was go look around scheels.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top