Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2017 10:50:31 PM EDT
The left is having a meltdown over Zinke wanting to sell public lands - but reading some of what he's proposed it sounds more like he wants to contract out management of some of the public lands and parks to private management.  Anyone else tried to follow this?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The left is melting down, because they don't know what is actually going on, both sides have looked at private management for a long time now when it comes to land management and the left is going bonkers when the suggestion of trying anything different that many of the failed policies of the past.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:35:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The left is having a meltdown over Zinke wanting to sell public lands - but reading some of what he's proposed it sounds more like he wants to contract out management of some of the public lands and parks to private management.  Anyone else tried to follow this?
View Quote

Zinke hasn't said anything about selling public lands.

There are plenty of contractors that do work on public lands already.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I realize he hasn't said anything about selling public lands - but.  Judging from the BS coming across the FB feeds his recent comments about privatizing national parks is being interpreted as 'selling public lands' and the pitchforks are coming out.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:25:49 AM EDT
[#4]
It doesn't matter what the topic or issue is, it doesn't matter what the proposed solution is, there is a meltdown over it. "Strengthen the Border" was a leftist agenda when Bill Clinton ran for president, but now it's racist because Trump wants it. Getting out of NAFTA was the battle cry for Bernie supporters, but now that Trump is doing it, it's going to destroy the country.

It is nothing but opposition, purely for the sake of opposition. There's no concern for what might actually be right or wrong for the people, as long as we're marching lock step against the opposition. Both sides are guilty of it, but the left certainly does seem to be the worse of the two at the moment.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I realize he hasn't said anything about selling public lands - but.  Judging from the BS coming across the FB feeds his recent comments about privatizing national parks is being interpreted as 'selling public lands' and the pitchforks are coming out.
View Quote
Taking comments on FB sites as gospel is not real smart.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#6]
No, but the pitchforks are out.  Seems like most all of the linked articles are about how bad and evil the idea is, in fact I have yet to see anything linked that mentions anything positive.

I have yet to see anything that actually assesses the plan.  If it has even risen to the point of being a plan yet.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#7]
GNP park concessions have been managed by private companies for over a decade, no pitchforks then.

Why not?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
GNP park concessions have been managed by private companies for over a decade, no pitchforks then.

Why not?
View Quote
Hell the liberals have been bitching because they won't let the tribes manage the Bison Range for a longtime now, they WANT the tribes to manage it, but they don't want anybody to manage lands that are better at it than the government.

Damn liberals, you can never figure out which way they are going to flip or flop!
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:09:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No, but the pitchforks are out.  Seems like most all of the linked articles are about how bad and evil the idea is, in fact I have yet to see anything linked that mentions anything positive.

I have yet to see anything that actually assesses the plan.  If it has even risen to the point of being a plan yet.
View Quote
There is no plan.  Zinke is assessing the needs of all National Parks and BLM mgt needs in his job with the budget that is allocated to the Dept of Interior.

And Zinke has no authority over the US Forest Service.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hell the liberals have been bitching because they won't let the tribes manage the Bison Range for a longtime now, they WANT the tribes to manage it, but they don't want anybody to manage lands that are better at it than the government.

Damn liberals, you can never figure out which way they are going to flip or flop!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?

The Democrat Party is the party of hate. They hate not being in power.

And considering that they added $10 trillion to the National debt you'd think the National Parks and Forests wuld be in great shape regading infrastructure needs. But in fact the budgets of both were cut or left flat (still went down due to inflation) during each of the 8 years of Obama.

And there's plenty of info regarding past tribal employee bad performance on the Bison Range to indicate the SK tribe couldn't do a good job of managing the Bison Range. Its good that the current administration stopped that bad idea.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:15:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup and that is a whole new bucket of worms!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:26:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which I know far better than you.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:34:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Really, you are sure of that are you?

That is funny
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:08:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That is funny
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is funny
I sure am with a 35 year USFS career and continued work with them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:11:34 AM EDT
[#15]
The news tonight announced that Zinke has approved keeping the Upper Missouri River National Monument.

That should deflate some of the lefty loonie whining.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:13:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I sure am with a 35 year USFS career and continued work with them.
View Quote
35 years is a long time.

I only have 14 years of virtually full time consulting to them.

But it is what it is.

Over the last 14 years, I am sure we have met a few times, but that does not matter.

Goodbye.

Dave
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:18:07 AM EDT
[#17]
35 years in four USFS Regions, on eight National Forests from the District to SO levels, and two Regional Offices.

Maybe, maybe not

No worries on this end.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:29:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Anyway,

Zinke, has passed his first test, and decided it was best to leave the designation in place in one of the areas he was reviewing, which should calm down the liberals that were pulling their hair out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top