Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2017 7:58:44 PM EDT
Hi everyone, does anyone know of any practical competition going on in MT? I'm heading up an effort down in Baker to get the ball rolling on some here, and looking to network with other interested folks. Our group down here is called the Sandstone Action Shooters and we have a facebook page. We run everything out of the Fallon County Shooting Range.Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 12:02:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi everyone, does anyone know of any practical competition going on in MT? I'm heading up an effort down in Baker to get the ball rolling on some here, and looking to network with other interested folks. Our group down here is called the Sandstone Action Shooters and we have a facebook page. We run everything out of the Fallon County Shooting Range.Thanks!
View Quote

Big Sky Practical Shooting Club in the Missoula area.

BSPSC
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I'll look them up.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#3]
It'll be hard to ever run matches in such a rural place.  No one will travel that far for matches.

Magic city action shooters is in Billings.  They have a website and FB page.

Last Chance Handgunners is in Helena.  They also have a website and FB page.

Bitterroot blasters in Hamilton.  They have a website and FB.

Montanashootingsports.com is all about shooting in Montana.  Their FB page is a lot more active then their website.

Lewistown sportsman's club is starting to run PRS and 3gun matches.  You can Google them as well.  

The home for 3gun in Montana is last chance Handgunners in Helena.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the info, I appreciate you taking the time to put it all together for me. I guess what I'm hoping will work to get people to travel is the composition of the match itself. I'm not looking to replicate what is already being done in Billings and elsewhere, I'm looking to give people a unique experience. Our range sits on a full section of public lands, so I'm hoping I can utilize that to offer the shooters something different to show up for. Honestly, if people from the west side of the state don't want to make the drive, I would understand that. But if I can get 30+ shooters I would consider that a success. Is there anything going on in MT similar to the 2 Gun Action Challenge Matches or Hard as Hell down in Utah and Arizona that anyone knows of? These are the inspirations behind what I would like to do here.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:12:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Montana multigun championship is the biggest match in the state.  For context the prize table is easily $25k plus and the match sold out in 2 minutes this year.  Big name pro shooters come, as well as shooters from around the US and Canada.   The match was even televised several years ago.

https://m.facebook.com/MontanaMultigunChampionship
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top