Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2017 7:55:37 AM EDT
Ok, folks, I'll be hosting another match June 17th North of Valier.

Meet up time is 8 am at the farm house Safety Breif at 8:15 and rounds downrange around 9.

I haven't got the targets set for it yet so a round count is unavailable but consider it to be less than 100 rifle.  20 carbine and around 20 pistol.  The carbine can be provided or pack your own.  NO AP ROUNDS!

Entry fee is $40 and there will be a lunch after we get done before the awards ceremony.  I believe it is going to be pulled pork BBQ.

I am capping this match at 15 shooters.  Still learning and so I want to maintain control.

If you want to RO you are more than welcome and get ahold of me if you do.

Sign up can be done at www.warhorsedevelopment.com in the skills development section.

300win mag and under 3100fps and slower.

Our sponsors are Mitchell Supply, AEM Precision, Sig, and Grizzly Sports and Auto Sales.  I forgot to put me down as a sponsor, Warhorse Development.

See you downrange.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Is "Long Range Field Practical" supposed to be some secret code to let people within the inner circles know what this match is about, or is this something that welcomes outsiders? I ask because the post and the snippet on the website make it sound like this is something that people just "know". Yet, I can't find anything about it, and never heard of it. Is this something similar to PRS?

If a guy wanted to come out and spectate just to see what it's all about, and wouldn't be able to get there until after 9, probably closer to 10, would that be possible?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:52:49 AM EDT
[#2]
It is similar to prs, but more field.

So prs is more on a square course where it is odd barricades and such.  Where as this is out in the sticks and we are utilizing the natural terrain and what God put there instead of man made stuff.

And besides that, prs is a trademarked specific group.  This is a local match and what the MTRPA calls it.

I'd prefer you show up with everyone else in order to be part of the safety brief and stick you with a group of shooters so your not wondering around into live fire zones and getting bit by rattlesnakes and playing patty cake with grizzlies.

And besides that I'll put you to work as a traveling RO (range officer)  so you can be apart of the action.

I will email you with my phone number so we can discuss this live.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Course of Fire is almost completely set.  Going to add a couple targets today and run through it to make sure the times set are good.

If you are interested in attending please email or pm me.  Even if you want to observe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top