User Panel

Farewell Brother WMD (Page 6 of 6)
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 11:25:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:

Damn, is this going to be a yearly occurrence?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:
Well as the way luck could go I had a gut check this morning.  I thought when the phone rang and it said MT VINE on it it would have been some good news but no it was the Parole board contacting me saying that JD is up for parole in May.  That's right it has only been a year since his last review and he's getting another one this year.  My family is hoping and praying that he is denied once again.

I hope not it's completely nerve wracking process to go through saying my piece and waiting on a verdict.   JD is 79, bad health, and convicted of a nonviolent crime...negligent homicide is considered nonviolent.   Knowing this when the parole board told him to finish his required classes one of which is anger management in the next uear then it is a possibility for parole.   All this together makes it very stressful in my house with genuine fears in my children.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 11:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 12:07:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Uhhg I was hoping he had succumbed to prison life by now. I hope the board can see the facts and do the right thing and let him rot in his cell. Haven't heard from you in a while,hope you and the kids are doing well. Tell R and B  I say hi
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 1:43:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Damn, I don't blame you. I can't believe they classify that a nonviolent.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Well as the way luck could go I had a gut check this morning.  I thought when the phone rang and it said MT VINE on it it would have been some good news but no it was the Parole board contacting me saying that JD is up for parole in May.  That's right it has only been a year since his last review and he's getting another one this year.  My family is hoping and praying that he is denied once again.

I hope not it's completely nerve wracking process to go through saying my piece and waiting on a verdict.   JD is 79, bad health, and convicted of a nonviolent crime...negligent homicide is considered nonviolent.   Knowing this when the parole board told him to finish his required classes one of which is anger management in the next uear then it is a possibility for parole.   All this together makes it very stressful in my house with genuine fears in my children.

Damn, I don't blame you. I can't believe they classify that a nonviolent.

In the eyes of the law a negligent homicide conviction no matter what the crime is nonviolent.   Crappy as it is it is what it is and nothing I can do about it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 1:49:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By m1awolf:
Uhhg I was hoping he had succumbed to prison life by now. I hope the board can see the facts and do the right thing and let him rot in his cell. Haven't heard from you in a while,hope you and the kids are doing well. Tell R and B  I say hi
View Quote

I actually sat down in the middle of trying to shuffle kids out the door thinking this is it this is the call I've been praying for to have then crushed.  I will pass the message on to the kids.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 2:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Another year passed passed since we loss Wes and it seems like a lifetime ago. Hope you are saving some beer for me Wes,I'm gonna need a few when I get there...
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#7]
6 years.... I can't believe it's already been that long since we lost Wes.  The kids have grown so much and turning into fine young adults.  Jr has his learners permit and been trying to get as much drive time as possible.  Today princess is spending the day with Wes mom in a way taking care of her and Jr is at Wes lil bro place taking care of him.  My kids have come a long way... today instead of needing mom they are taking care of family who needs it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#9]
RIP Brother you are missed
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#11]
RIP  Brother
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Happy Birthday Wes today you would have been 42.  The kids and I miss as much today as the day we lost you 6 years ago.  You'd be proud of the fine young adults they are becoming I know I am.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Happy Birthday Wes.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#14]
7 years and I still think about you nearly every day Brother. Hope you still have some beer set aside up there.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn,it's been eight years and I still can't wrap my head around this. I miss you Wes and all the long phone calls that left me in stitches half the time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn,it's been eight years and I still can't wrap my head around this. I miss you Wes and all the long phone calls that left me in stitches half the time.
View Quote

Damn time keeps moving on

Link Posted: 7/20/2023 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Unpossible
Missed more today than yesterday, as usual

He took photos at The Really Big Shew, attendance record shattered

Link Posted: 7/21/2023 12:20:17 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

I can't wrap my head around this as well.  This year has hit pretty hard and I think it mostly has to do with the fact that my youngest is now the same age as what princess was when he died.   The kids and I greatly miss him.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Farewell Brother WMD (Page 6 of 6)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top