BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/21/2013 11:00:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RustedAce]
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't quite consider Sherburne as BR area.  It's still my go-to range for fun.

We have Precision Firearms on Siegen lane.  http://www.precisionfirearm.com/  Indoor pistol, shotgun, and rifle.  Rifle range goes out to 25 yards.  Also a gun shop.

Hunter's Run is across the river in Port Allen.  http://www.huntersrungunclub.com/  Good for skeet shooting.  Can be expensive.

Donaldsonville has Palo Alto.  http://www.paloaltogunclub.com/ They aren't currently accepting membership, but I believe there is a waiting list.  Rifle goes out to 600 yds I believe.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 12:30:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: G_S] [#2]
Shreveport AREA ranges

Long Range Ally

Clarks Custom Guns  {private cliub}

Shreveport Gun CLub  (skeet & trap) {private cliub}

Bodcau shooting range (public range)Shreveport AREA Gun

https://www.redriverrange.com/    Red River Range   (Indoor pistol & 100 yard rifle range)  {holy crap this place is nice!!!}  

Stores

Clarks Custom Guns  (do transfers) ( above general gun smiting on_site)

1911, AR, 10/22  problems, questions, tricking out call these guys!

Ron's GunsCash in a FLash

Yes its a pawn, shop but the own is REALLY into ARs & GLocks

Bass Pro Shops

They got guns, did not know the criteria for the list

Edit:

New gun store

Bossier (Shreveport)

DavTac (general gunsmithing, do Cerakota, NFA dealer, and $45 on transpher )

Guns -N- Ammo NFA dealer, and $25 transphers.

Patricks Guns (general gunsmithing, do Cerakota, NFA dealer)

Red River Range https://www.redriverrange.com/

Not a Gun store.

But adding it to list

Hoot & Holler Archery ( Sales, Repairs, training, indoor range. all things archery)

https://www.hootnhollerarchery.com/

New Range

DavTac (indoor pistol range)  http://davtac.com/

Red River Range ( Indoor pistol & 100 yard rifle)   https://www.redriverrange.com/Gun store to add to the master list

Bastrop

Simmons Sporting goods  http://www.simmonssportinggoods.com/

Store Closings
Turbo Goat in Ruston
Lorants in Shreveport
Shooters USA in Bossier City
Port City Gun Works
Davis Clothing and Outdoor ( they are still open , but getting out of the gun business)
Range Closings
Shooters USA in Bossier City
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Natchitoches Public Shooting Range
635 Tauzin Island Rd.
Natchitoches, LA
(318) 356-9457
Open Wed-Sunday, call for hours

25-50 yd Pistol
100 yd Rifle
5 Stand
Skeet
Sporting Clays
Archery
Classrooms
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 1:10:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LongueCarabine] [#4]
I'm roughly equal distance from both the Sherburne range and the Woodworth range.  The Woodworth range is just a few miles south of Alexandria.

Up until a few years ago, I never had need of a range, we used to go all the time to the old sand and gravel pits in Turkey Creek.  They finally got locked down after some drunk dumbass on a 4 wheeler hurt himself and tried to make the landowner pay for it.

Been to Sherburne a few times.  Probably going to go again this weekend, my son and a few of his friends want to go shooting.

Other than that, there's not much out here, although I have heard of a range near Arnaudville.  The Fusilier complex??

LC
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By LongueCarabine:
I'm roughly equal distance from both the Sherburne range and the Woodworth range.  The Woodworth range is just a few miles south of Alexandria.

Up until a few years ago, I never had need of a range, we used to go all the time to the old sand and gravel pits in Turkey Creek.  They finally got locked down after some drunk dumbass on a 4 wheeler hurt himself and tried to make the landowner pay for it.

Been to Sherburne a few times.  Probably going to go again this weekend, my son and a few of his friends want to go shooting.

Other than that, there's not much out here, although I have heard of a range near Arnaudville.  The Fusilier complex??

LC

Yes, it's the Fusilier complex. Members only range, but you can bring guests. Fusilier Complex

Pistol and rifle range. Rifle range is 100, 200 and 300 yards. Pistol range goes to 75 yards.

Last news letter said the skeet range is down and working on getting it back up.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 2:21:24 AM EDT
[#6]
We're just waiting on our 07 FFL to come in and we'll offer $15 transfers & some other stuff. We're here in West Monroe.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Monroe/Ruston Ranges:

OPSO Range in West Monroe (200-yd rifle range, pistol, archery, trap)

Ruston Gun Club in Ruston (private)

T.P. Outdoors in West Monroe (indoor 25-yd pistol/rifle range)

Wild Wings in Downsville (trap, skeet, sporting clays)

Gun stores:

Diamond Gun & Outdoors in Monroe - been a while since I've been there, but always had good service.

T.P. Outdoors in Monroe and West Monroe

Turbo Goat Sporting Goods in Ruston - they just opened & I haven't been yet, but reports are good so far.
Originally Posted By TFK:

We're just waiting on our 07 FFL to come in and we'll offer $15 transfers & some other stuff. We're here in West Monroe.

Good deal! Info please... IM's okay if you'd rather not clutter the thread.

Link Posted: 6/2/2013 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By rttlsnkndaddy:
Monroe/Ruston Ranges:

OPSO Range in West Monroe (200-yd rifle range, pistol, archery, trap)
Ruston Gun Club in Ruston (private)
T.P. Outdoors in West Monroe (indoor 25-yd pistol/rifle range)
Wild Wings in Downsville (trap, skeet, sporting clays)

Gun stores:

Diamond Gun & Outdoors in Monroe - been a while since I've been there, but always had good service.
T.P. Outdoors in Monroe and West Monroe
Turbo Goat Sporting Goods in Ruston - they just opened & I haven't been yet, but reports are good so far.

Originally Posted By TFK:

Good deal! Info please... IM's okay if you'd rather not clutter the thread.

Turbo goat in Ruston is GTG talk to Justin or mitch

Link Posted: 6/3/2013 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By hammer22801:

Awesome. I may stop by this week.

Also FYI, it appears Clark Custom is no longer working on owner supplied 1911s... this has been on their website for a while:

Link Posted: 6/4/2013 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Northshore Arms
(985) 345-3359
44475 Katie B Ln
Robert, LA 70455

Small time LGS, does FFL's and gunsmithing.  Pretty stand up dudes.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Lafayette has no good gunshops.

Link Posted: 6/23/2013 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By ragincajun1919:

Flem, of Sons of Guns fame, recently opened Acadiana Gun Works out there.

Link Posted: 6/23/2013 11:35:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:

Yeah, flem used to work at Custom Gun Works of Lafayette. Pretty cool guy back then, haven't been to his place so reserving judgement.

Dave's gunshop=arrogant assholes more concerned with making you feel stupid/inferior than actually listening to what you say
Lafayette Shooters= overpriced and gun counter BS to a high degree
Barney's Indoor range-They make up hours if you like to shoot in the evening. Used to have a membership, range was supposed to close at 8. It "closed" at 7:41, 7:35, basically whenever the workers were done having customers there.

That's it, I think.

Link Posted: 6/24/2013 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Awesome prices and no gouging:

Houma Auto Parts (lol I know the name sounds weird)
Southland Police Supply (Morgan City) ask for David

Sadly, I am always stuck using the Sheriff's range in Houma.
Link Posted: 6/30/2013 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Bass pro in Denham springs has a small range, prolly considered Baton Rouge area
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 10:35:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Blades & Barrels in Amite.   Very nice people to deal with.   They are primarily AR people.

Wolf
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 12:08:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Alexandria area:

Woodworth LDWF range - 100 yard rifle, 25 yard pistol and 5 stand. Free entry, targets, stands, glass and ear plugs provided.
http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/shooting-range/woodworth-shooting-range

Alexandria Indoor Range - 25 yard range and shop. Nice people, decent pricing, was developing a good variety before the panic and they offer concealed carry classes. I don't know if they do transfers.
http://www.alexandriaindoor.com/

Louisiana Archery (28E in Pineville)- It's been a while since I've been there, had looked like they pretty much went Fudd in the long gun category. Pricing was a little high on handguns. They had a decent ammo selection before the panic. Transfers were $25 if they still do them.
http://www.laarchery.com/

Academy - we all know what's up there.

Security Sporting Goods - WAY over priced though they have a decent selection. Unless things changed recently, the only "upside" to them was their Lay-a-way and financing.
http://www.securitysportinggoods.com/

Big Al's (Main Street Pineville) - He's price matched for friends of mine. Carries lower end guns, WSAR, Mosins, budget line ARs; but offers others services. I've used him for a gun safe and have bought some little odd and ends from him.

Wal-marts - Again we know what's up here.  Pineville and old Alexandria store carry ARs. New Alexandria store carries reloading supply when they can get it.

Pawn shops aren't that great around here.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 10:09:38 AM EDT
[#19]
In Kenner/Metairie there's Jefferson Gun Outlet, which is a store that's supposedly building an indoor range (pistols only). They have one of the best selections of guns and AR accessories I've seen in the past 10 years.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 6:28:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Picked up a LC9 at the Mandeville gun show yesterday $350 out the door, tons of great collectible revolvers, knives, mill surplus items (ammo cans,etc..). I hope they start doing that one on a regular basis, it was the first one but it was by far one of the best ones I have been to in Louisiana.

Not saying everything was priced to go, but if you have been to a Kenner gun show you know what im talking about.
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Tallow Creek Shooting Grounds in Mandeville

Pistol, Skeet and Rifle ranges up to 100yds, .50 cal and smaller. $10/hour.

Pretty run down facilities, but besides Honey Island, it's the only other range I know of on the North Shore.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 11:18:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Also FYI, it appears Clark Custom is no longer working on owner supplied 1911s... this has been on their website for a while:

http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/images/Other/text/1911Notice2.png

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/images/Other/text/1911Notice2.png

I use turbo goat for all my FFL needs such as lowers and pistols.
Link Posted: 8/1/2013 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

The commute from MN must be a real pain...

Stopped by Backus TVH in Ruston two days ago. A pyramid of Bushmasters and 10/22s by the door, three SCARs in the rack, Glocks, M&Ps, XDs, and some outrageous prices. No idea what they charge for transfers, but I'll ask next time I venture in.

Link Posted: 8/2/2013 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Is there a public long range (500yds +) anywhere in this damn state? The 'Sportsmans Paradise" and all the gun enthusiast here you would think we would have more to offer. ?
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Supposedly, only Long Range Alley near Shreveport is the only commercial 1000 yd range in the state.

I would think that if someone opened up something like that here in the south east part of the state, they'd do very well.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By adburmaster:

Pretty run down facilities, but besides Honey Island, it's the only other range I know of on the North Shore.
View Quote

I came here to say this.  Went out there last week to try my new SCAR out and it was completely overgrown and they wouldn't let me shoot because all I had were FMJ's.
I have yet to go to Honey Island but hear it is very nice.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Tallow Creek scares me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Stopped by Backus TVH in Ruston two days ago. A pyramid of Bushmasters and 10/22s by the door, three SCARs in the rack, Glocks, M&Ps, XDs, and some outrageous prices. No idea what they charge for transfers, but I'll ask next time I venture in.

View All Quotes

So you mean that they are priced like everything else Backus?
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By bigred3516:

View All Quotes

10-4. Givin' McKinney a run for their money!

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 3:41:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigred3516] [#30]

View All Quotes

I bought my first and second  4-wheeler   at Mckinneys and the beat everyone's prices for miles around. After they built the sporting goods section the old man wouldn't even look at mine when I wanted to trade one in and told the price on the tag was what I was going to pay. I drove to Shreveport and bought the same bike with wheels and tires and payed the same price that McKinney wanted for just the bike. Every time I went in there I thought I was walking into Toolcity sales and talking to Donnie Brown, just about ATVs.
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Terrebonne Parish Gun Range opens back up tomorrow starting at 8:00 A.M.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

I think I overheard a salesman saying they don't do FFL transfers. But then again, I just overheard it from down the counter. They might still be getting their ducks in a row for now, since they started selling guns so recently.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 1:07:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By WrightP:

I came here to say this.  Went out there last week to try my new SCAR out and it was completely overgrown and they wouldn't let me shoot because all I had were FMJ's.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WrightP:
Originally Posted By adburmaster:

I met my brother in law there 6 months ago, he is in Baton Rouge and I am in Slidell, and let me say calling Tallow a dump is being nice...I have never seen such a run down place in my life, especially for a gun range.  

I have been a member of Honey Island for more than 10 years and for the money it is one of the finest ranges in the south, or any where for that matter.  I have visitors that I bring there and they cannot get over the place for $6 per day of shooting...you can leave for lunch and return and not have to repay

Link Posted: 9/26/2013 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Yeah, flem used to work at Custom Gun Works of Lafayette. Pretty cool guy back then, haven't been to his place so reserving judgement.

Dave's gunshop=arrogant assholes more concerned with making you feel stupid/inferior than actually listening to what you say
Barney's Indoor range-They make up hours if you like to shoot in the evening. Used to have a membership, range was supposed to close at 8. It "closed" at 7:41, 7:35, basically whenever the workers were done having customers there.

That's it, I think.

View All Quotes

That's it, I think.

You are spot on...

I did pay a visit to Flem's place...Good prices, cool guns! They are looking to relocate into a larger building already. They only charge $25 for transfers and are a Class 3 dealer...
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Supposedly, only Long Range Alley near Shreveport is the only commercial 1000 yd range in the state.

I would think that if someone opened up something like that here in the south east part of the state, they'd do very well.
View Quote

Hell yeah they would. I guess with all of the property owned by hunters and hunting clubs, maybe there is minimal land out in the sticks that would actually be available to do a long-range. I think someone will eventually give it a shot. Between Baton Rouge and New Orleans would be perfect.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:

Hell yeah they would. I guess with all of the property owned by hunters and hunting clubs, maybe there is minimal land out in the sticks that would actually be available to do a long-range. I think someone will eventually give it a shot. Between Baton Rouge and New Orleans would be perfect.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By alpha0815:

Someone is supposedly entertaining the idea up near Morganza which is a totally reasonable drive from Baton Rouge.  Only problem is that if they do it, they're planning on limited club memberships for access.  Better than nothing.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Alazakla:
Natchitoches Public Shooting Range
635 Tauzin Island Rd.
Natchitoches, LA
(318) 356-9457
Open Wed-Sunday, call for hours

25-50 yd Pistol
100 yd Rifle
5 Stand
Skeet
Sporting Clays
Archery
Classrooms
View Quote

The sporting clay trail is very good.  Perfect for several people to gettogether, walk, shoot the bull, and shoot differnt bird set ups at each station.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Has anyone mentioned Sport Optics in Hammond?

I stopped in there yesterday.  Lots of nice stuff.  

SportOptics.com
1715 S. Morrison Blvd.
Hammond, LA, 70402
Phone: 800-720-9625
Mon - Fri: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone got the contact info for the indoor range in Shreveport.  My computer does not like the link for some reason.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By runs_with_scissors:
Anyone got the contact info for the indoor range in Shreveport.  My computer does not like the link for some reason.
View Quote

318-747-5811
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 3:18:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ragin_Cajun] [#41]
Puglia's in Metairie (NOLA suburb) gets a bunch of my business.

They're more hunting-oriented (awesome fishing gear selection too), but in the last decade or so they've really added to the "tactical" side of their inventory.

The staff are good people as well, and the shopping experience is thankfully free of the operator operator operator  mentality that has crept in some other places.

Last but not least, the prices are right.  Shopping around can get you some real deals, especially in the used/consignment section.

I'm prohibited from going in unescorted after I impulse-bought a Dan Wesson 1911
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#42]
It's been a couple of years since I've been in Puglia's, but I agree, lots of nice stuff upstairs.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#43]
jims firearms on siegen lane in baton rouge, I work there, most of the guys there know a lot about the ar platform.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By justinjluke:
jims firearms on siegen lane in baton rouge, I work there, most of the guys there know a lot about the ar platform.
View Quote

For the most part, yeah. I try to give Jim's the majority of my business because I like Sid and Mr. Rick. But there are a couple newbs I run into once in a while.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 9:56:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Victor9er] [#45]

318-747-5811
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By runs_with_scissors:

318-747-5811

Their website seems to be down, or they decided not to renew their domain name or something. Can't find anything on them online now. But after visiting them a couple of times now I'd say they either shouldn't qualify for this list or the word "good" needs to be removed from the title. I honestly think the only reason they are still in business is because they just don't have any competition.

The range itself looks like it hasn't been updated or improved since 1980, the ceiling is shot to hell from people shooting the ceiling over the years, there was even a hole in the backstop I saw that was letting sunlight in! I have no idea how long that hole has been there, but I'm guessing it wasn't recent. The range fees seemed a bit pricey, I was going to bring my wife to shoot with me but we decided we didn't want to pay the "per person" fees since she was going to be using my gun and we'd both be on the same lane. As for their "store" selection, that was a joke. To say they had next to nothing is giving them too much credit.

I know they've been there for a while and I wasn't expecting Taj Mahal or anything, but I was expecting more than that. It doesn't look like they put any money back into the business at all, which is a shame. When I lived in TN the indoor range I went to there was nice. In the time span of 3 years they remodeled/updated their range twice. Good selection and friendly service. Maybe I got spoiled, but Shooters USA did not impress me in the least. Unfortunately if I want to go to a range around here, my options are severely limited, and I have to consider going back there simply because there's almost no other option.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 12:15:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LSUTigersFan] [#46]
I've been spending some time visiting Tactical Defense Arms in Maurice.  Jeff and Derrick know their shit.  They are building a range.  Here is what Jeff sent me about two weeks ago on the range...  

We have purchased and are developing 10 acres north of Kaplan (15 minutes from TDA). We are awaiting 5 million pounds of rubber just for the Civilian range. Due to the wet ground, building the roads for the dump trucks is a current issue. It is safe to say that the range will likely not be 100% operational for up to 6 months.

With regards to the Civilian range, anyone who has completed at a minimum of Basic Training with TDA, has the option to an annual membership. Training that will be available is as follows: CCW / Basic - Advanced - Tactical Pistol, Carbine and Shotgun. We will also offer Survival Training and a few other specialized courses as well.

The Civilian range itself is compiled of 3 primary shooting ranges, and 1 modular range. An approximate 20 lane 25yd stationary pistol range, (2) 75yd long, 35yd wide ranges for Advanced/Tactical training and possible 3-gun competition. (1) 100yd modular/optional range for target/sighting/testing. The 75yd ranges will be a full modular course consisting of barricades, reactive targets, threat/hostage situations, etc.  Movement will start from the 75yd mark and travel along the 35yds to the left and right until reaching the 5yd mark, totaling to an approximate 150yds of course travel.

Membership access will be limited based on completed training.
Example: CCW/Basic Pistol grants access to the Basic Pistol range only.
Example: Advanced Pistol allows member access for pistol only use on the Advanced range.
Example: Tactical Carbine allows member access for carbine/shotgun (pistol may be included in training) only use on the Advanced range.
All members at any level will have access to the 100yd range.

This will be done for Safety / Liability purposes. It may not be possible to have TDA range officers on site every day. So only members who have been properly trained will have access as appropriate. Members will have color-coded ID badges showing access privileges. All members will be granted 100% Authority to shut down operations for any safety/behavior issues. Every member will be an authorized "Range Officer" so to speak.  

There will also be member incentives such as store discounts on firearms, accessories, ammo, etc.
The range will be open 5-6 days a week. Possibly closed on Monday and/or Tuesday for TDA Business/Research.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Apocalypse Sports in Ponchatoula.

985-974-0644

He had a table at the Ponchatoula gun show, and I picked up some parts from him.  Seems like a great guy.  Prices were very good too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#48]

I love the Lafourche Parish sheriff range with my family membership. Sure they don't go past 200 yards for rifle, but they are putting in the 10 to 15 track skeet setup, there is never any fucks there just doing dumb shit.

I like the idea that they have the 25,50,100yard range separate from the 200 yard. Also you can bring your own stuff, like they have a spring thrower for anyone wanting to just toss some clays, but they said I could bring my Champion 50 thrower whenever I want, etc...

Pistol bays are pistol bays, just be lucky and get on the right side one so you can get shade for the summer time haha.

I wouldn't mind though going somewhere to just shoot 300 to 600 yards with my precision rifle, but I wish they had a place just dedicated to that so that way it would keep the other clutter out.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#49]

St. Bernard Indoor shooting Center is back  up and running. I stopped in today, range looks great, gun shop is better stocked than ever before.

212 Aycock Street, Arabi

Spend many a Friday night there shooting Steel Challenge, pre Katrina.

Hoping they bring that back!

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:44:47 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

I agree, stay from Shooters, the most arrogant bunch of punk jackasses around.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top