Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2017 5:05:57 PM EDT
An organization I am with is looking to do a small scale event in the Jackson area. We are wanting to do a Pint Night, so it would need to be a restaurant with a more casual atmosphere, have a good beer selection, be willing to reserve a spot (preferably a small room) for 10 to 15 people, and have a minimal possibility of murder. All of the places I had in mind either do not accept reservations or have a minimum spending limit, minimum attendance, and require a good chunk of money up front. So far I have checked with:
Pig and Pint
Fondren Public
Burgers and Blues
Mugshots
I am also waiting to hear back from Iron Horse Grill.

Do any of you have any suggestions on where else to look?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Bulldog behind the Hilton?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. I will give both of them a call. I never thought about GB, and I wasn't sure the Bulldog was still open.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this normal now? This is the response from Georgia Blue regarding a reservation. I have gotten similar responses from other restaurants as well.

We have our small room available. It can seat up to 25 people. The food and beverage minimum is $1,000 before tax and gratuity. I can do separate checks and an open menu for your group. If the minimum is not met then you would have to purchase a GB gift card in the remaining balance. If you are interested we do require a 20% deposit in order to hold the room but you can apply it towards your tab once the minimum is met.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hoy moly. At that rate I'd just go to corner bakery and ask for their room and smuggle in the pints
View Quote
I'm thinking about setting up a grill in Cowboy Maloney's parking lot and drinking beer on the tailgate.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:15:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#8]
You might want to check out the Holiday Inn in Pearl also. The Alumni House bar/grill is there, I know they have hosted and catered events in the meeting rooms there at the hotel. It's a nice, clean place in a much better area than Jackson.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:50:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Hal and Mals would fit the bill as long as your guests don't get lost leaving. If they get lost and go to SW Jackson you need a QRF on standby.

Give Sal and Mookie's a call too, they have a decent beer selection and burgers, pizza, and sandwhiches in addition to their pasta.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hal and Mals would fit the bill as long as your guests don't get lost leaving. If they get lost and go to SW Jackson you need a QRF on standby.

Give Sal and Mookie's a call too, they have a decent beer selection and burgers, pizza, and sandwhiches in addition to their pasta.
View Quote
I will give Sal and Mookies a call today.

It's always an adventure leaving Jackson. You may get to test your survival skills.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I forgot to update this thread. I was able to get the party room at Lost Pizza in Ridgeland for free. I still cannot figure out why a restaurant would charge up front and require a minimum spending limit to reserve a table.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top