Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2017 1:38:00 PM EDT
does anyone know if the nh pistol revolver license counts for the cmp marksmanship or firearms activity requirement?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
No but military service counts, show them your DD 214

You can also attend a CMP clinic. Nashua Fish and Game puts one on every year
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wrong.

From the CMP Website:

MARKSMANSHIP OR OTHER FIREARMS RELATED ACTIVITY:

You must provide proof of participation in a marksmanship related activity or otherwise show familiarity with the safe handling of firearms and range procedures. Your marksmanship related activity does not have to be with highpower rifles; it can be with smallbore rifles, pistols, air guns or shotguns. Proof of marksmanship participation can be provided by documenting any of the following:

Current or past military service.
Current or past law enforcement service
Participation in a rifle, pistol, air gun or shotgun competition (provide copy of results bulletin).
Completion of a marksmanship clinic that included live fire training (provide a copy of the certificate of completion or a statement from the instructor).
Distinguished, Instructor, or Coach status.
Concealed Carry License.
Firearms Owner Identification Cards that included live fire training. - FFL or C&R license.
Completion of a Hunter Safety Course that included live fire training.
Certification from range or club official or law enforcement officer witnessing shooting activity. Complete the CMP Marksmanship Form to certify your range firing and the required marksmanship related activity for an individual to purchase from the CMP.
No proof of marksmanship required if over age 60. Proof of club membership and citizenship required for all ages. NOTE: Proof of marksmanship activity is not required for purchase of ammunition, parts, publications or memorabilia.

That took all of 5 seconds to Google.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wrong.

From the CMP Website:

That took all of 5 seconds to Google.
View Quote

The permit vs license wording has me wondering. I'll give them a call on Monday.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The permit vs license wording has me wondering. I'll give them a call on Monday.
View Quote

Really?  You think that a Concealed Carry License is going to be handled differently than a Concealed Carry Permit?

Do you think they also regard a Permit to Carry different that a Carry Permit?

FWIW, there's no such thing as a NH Carry Permit.  

I used my NH Pistol and Revolver License (got that?) to purchase three CMP rifles.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Really?  You think that a Concealed Carry License is going to be handled differently than a Concealed Carry Permit?

Do you think they also regard a Permit to Carry different that a Carry Permit?

FWIW, there's no such thing as a NH Carry Permit.  

I used my NH Pistol and Revolver License (got that?) to purchase three CMP rifles.
View Quote

Ill take your word for it
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#6]
i also used mine to buy from cmp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top