Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2017 7:53:08 AM EDT
Hey folks!

My wife and I bought a place on Cape Cod which I visit regularly when I'm not deployed overseas.  I've been hitting a few ponds around Brewster and Harwich and have gone off-Cape a few times to Glen Charlie pond.  Do any of you have any good recommendations for public waters in the area?  I'm a catch-photo-release kayak fisherman.  Ponds that I have hit so far...

Harwich West Reservoir, Harwich.  Long Pond, Harwich.  Greenland Pond, Harwich.
Little Cliff and Big Cliff Ponds in Nickerson State Park, Brewster.  Upper Millpond and Walker's Pond, Brewster.

I'm interested in Wakeby-Mashpee and Santuit in particular if anyone has fished those, as well as any other ponds nearby that may harbor that pond monster!
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I grew up in Dennis and some of the biggest fish I've ever caught in freshwater were at Scargo Lake in Dennis, Big Cliff in Nickerson State park, Hamblin Pond, Mystic Lake in marstons mills. Lots of smallies and large mouth, trout and the occasional salmon.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I have also fished Wakeby, lots of bass, nothing big to brag about but there's a shitload of Pickeral so bring some needle nose pliers.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I grew up in Dennis and some of the biggest fish I've ever caught in freshwater were at Scargo Lake in Dennis, .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I grew up in Dennis and some of the biggest fish I've ever caught in freshwater were at Scargo Lake in Dennis, .

Ditto.

I grew up in two different houses within biking or walking distance of the lake (off Setucket, and off Dr. Lords Road).
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I grew up in Dennis and some of the biggest fish I've ever caught in freshwater were at Scargo Lake in Dennis, Big Cliff in Nickerson State park, Hamblin Pond, Mystic Lake in marstons mills. Lots of smallies and large mouth, trout and the occasional salmon.
View Quote
Thanks!  I pulled this one off a dropshot in Nickerson a few weeks before I deployed.  I fished half the day at Nickerson and only grabbed this fish and a half pound dink (smallie IIRC).

I'm fishing a one night tournament (any public waters) a couple days after I get back so I won't have time to pre-fish anywhere.  I'm thinking I may just go back to Glen Charlie Pond.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Ponds no Salt YES
IM Only
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top