Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2017 3:02:09 PM EDT
I have a buddy living in Chicopee and he wants to buy a preban Glock from me. Any shops around the area that will transfer for him? Also, do they require a letter or just go off of the Glock project serials?

Thanks,

John
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:09:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will you be doing it in person, or ffl to ffl?
View Quote
Fed Law prohibits FTF for 2 people who don't live in the same state.

I'm sure that you meant would the 2 parties show up at a MA FFL, but for others reading that don't understand the laws I decided to clarify in the prior sentence.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 7:15:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I'd probably just ship it to him or possibly meet him at gun a shop. I should be covered under FOPA to meet him at an FFL.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I'd probably just ship it to him or possibly meet him at gun a shop. I should be covered under FOPA to meet him at an FFL.
View Quote
No you are NOT covered by FOPA. FOPA only covers someone when their next stop is a place they would be legal to possess a gun. MA doesn't allow anyone w/o a LTC (other than LEOs carrying under LEOSA) to possess a handgun in MA. The MA person could meet you at the border and take possession on the way to a MA FFL.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it legal to bring in a pistol from out of state and transfer it in MA? I didn't think it was
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

As long as it is legal to own in MA, yes.  As long as you either do it at a MA ffl, or transfer it to a MA ffl from an out of state ffl.
View Quote
I was under this impression as well. 

Wouldn't bringing it to an FFL an giving it to them be a legal final destination?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top