Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2017 12:24:37 AM EDT
Can a MA resident buy a long gun in CT from an individual? If so, how would one go about the paperwork. Thanks.

Yes the gun is legal.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Federal law says you can only sale to an individual to residents in the same state.

So a FFL MUST be used

I don't know CT law says about a FFL selling/transfer to a non resident. Most states allow long gun sales to non residents.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:23:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a shotgun from Bass Pro in CT a couple years ago.  Without the "ammo card", I had to wait 14(?) days.  I was told there was no waiting period if I either had the card, or transferred it to a local ffl.

Best bet, transfer through an ffl.  It is legal, as long as the rifle is MA compliant.
View Quote

When you bought your shotgun, the waiting period would be avoided with a permit to carry, eligibility certificate, police id (CT DPS only recognized officers of CT departments), or a CT hunting license.

Now, there are no waiting periods. If not otherwise exempted, to be able to acquire a firearm in CT the credential options are permit to carry, or eligibility certificate (pistol or long gun).

Ammunition certificate does nothing for firearms purchasing. That's only for buying ammo and mags.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top