[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I will also be at Saturdays rally
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:35:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
cop also just said he bought a firearm recently at gun shop and was NICS delayed and he was ok with it. The fucking chief was NICS delayed.
View Quote

Why should cops be any different when it comes to buying firearms? Because of occupational choice? The three prior chiefs of my town left office for less then admirable circumstances. Yes, the same ones that get to dictate if I am a good enough sole to CCW. One aspect that's always a thumb in my eye are the exemptions of the laws passed that they receive. Call it what you may but that's wrong.

As for why not many post here in the home town forums is most get our local information from NES. ARFCOM is more national, global events. Many of the key threads are also dupes of each other on either site.

On what Healy pulled, It's wonderful to be able to interoperate things as you wish. Another what "is" is moment. If this isn't tyranny, I don't know what the word means then. What's worse is it's open ended and many gun owners will become felons when she finally "decides" to makes us ones. Nice, on the whim of an off kilter version of King George, fines and time. Meanwhile, they are letting real criminals walk due to over crowding.

Needless to say, see you Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why should cops be any different when it comes to buying firearms? Because of occupational choice? The three prior chiefs of my town left office for less then admirable circumstances. Yes, the same ones that get to dictate if I am a good enough sole to CCW. One aspect that's always a thumb in my eye are the exemptions of the laws passed that they receive. Call it what you may but that's wrong.

As for why not many post here in the home town forums is most get our local information from NES. ARFCOM is more national, global events. Many of the key threads are also dupes of each other on either site.

On what Healy pulled, It's wonderful to be able to interoperate things as you wish. Another what "is" is moment. If this isn't tyranny, I don't know what the word means then. What's worse is it's open ended and many gun owners will become felons when she finally "decides" to makes us ones. Nice, on the whim of an off kilter version of King George, fines and time. Meanwhile, they are letting real criminals walk due to over crowding.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
cop also just said he bought a firearm recently at gun shop and was NICS delayed and he was ok with it. The fucking chief was NICS delayed.

You are exactly right on well points. Prison over crowding is a big problem and why they keep more criminals on the street. Then he's criminals commit crimes with guns and they blame legal gun owners and take all rights away. It's a vicious cycle that they are winning.

And we should not be treated as second-class Citizens that have less rights than tbose in law enforcement. If we are walking the streets freely, we are assumed to be law-abiding citizens. We should have the same rights as law enforcement. Why we have tolerated, and why some have accepted a tiered citizenship is beyond me, but we need to change it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#6]
It really looks like each blue state is trying to one up each other.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I will also be at Saturdays rally
View Quote

I'm going too.  We should have some way to identify one another.  
I know DJ irl but have not met copper_coin yet.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 3:08:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh boy.

A GUN-BUYING FRENZY that resulted in 2,500 assault weapons being purchased Wednesday – one-fourth the total sold all of last year – has forced Attorney General Maura Healey into threatening dealers with criminal penalties and the loss of their licenses for trying to beat her crackdown on the rifles.

According to data from the state Firearms Records Bureau, gun enthusiasts bought 2,549 rifles on Wednesday, the same day Healey announced that her office would rigidly enforce a 1998 law that prohibits the sale of specific semi-automatic guns such as AK-47s and AR-15s, as well as “copies or duplicates of the weapons.” By contrast, 132 of the guns were sold on Tuesday and just 51 on Monday. About 10,000 of the guns were sold in 2015.

The purchases were in defiance of an order issued by Healey that none of the guns could be sold in Massachusetts after Tuesday. Now Healey, whose intent was to get rid of the weapons, finds herself in the awkward position of trying to undo a run on what she has called “weapons of war” after they’ve already been sold.
View Quote

http://commonwealthmagazine.org/guns/healey-triggers-gun-buying-frenzy/

Kind of makes me wish I still lived in MA and made of those those "illegal purchases"  

That bitch keeps pushing
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#9]
She obviously has some mental issues .
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Everyone who owns an evil rifle should become a policeman... the you can keep your rifles.

Good luck, guys... ive been following this too.. I cant imagine what I would do with my extensive collection.

View Quote

The new MA executive orders grandfathers in previous MA compliant rifles bought before 7/19/2016.  "We recognize that most residents who purchased these guns in the past believed they were doing so legally, so this directive will not apply to possession of guns purchased before Wednesday."   Still MA sucks.  In my will I leave my entire collection to my son who lives in MA.  That used to be legal.  Not anymore.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:34:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Let me just set this down right here.......

[email protected]
View Quote
Who is he directly and can a former masshole write him an email?
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let me just set this down right here.......

[email protected]

One can.  I am another.  I left in '99, but I still work "down there", and all my family is there.
I'll see you on the Common. If you want to find me I will be carrying a large Harvard umbrella. (I'm thinking of any way to hang little signs on it that say "Sic Semper Tyrannis")
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:01:37 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll see you all there, we have a small group of personal friends going and I've been doing my best to talk to as many people as possible to go. Let's get it done.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#19]
ODS guns shirt and Betsy Ross flag
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Got one image/word for the MA A/G:

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
She obviously has some mental issues .
View Quote

U

She wants to be a rock star keynote speaker for next weeks DNC convention.  The apple of Hilary's eye.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Thank you to all who came out in support yesterday. We had a good turnout, but it's still not enough. Keep writing your representatives, legislators and all the news channels. Let them know this isn't just about guns and our second amendment rights. While that is a huge portion of this, it is also about everyone's civil rights. Wether your pro or anti gun we all need to fight. The AG bypassed our judicial system and robbed us of our vote. She made a determination of a existing law because she sees the words hold different meaning in her eyes.

She cannot and will not get away with this. Stay steady in the fight, spread word that the people in ivory towers can't make the laws they deem fit without due process.
Make Massachusetts and America great again to be a true free state.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:30:21 AM EDT
[#27]
So,

How does this affect the sale of privately owned weapons owned before the "decree".

What about stripped lowers that have been sitting in the safe?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Stripped lowers are deemed firearms supposedly.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I wonder what Smith&Wesson and Savage Arms are going to do? I remember Magpul left Colorado when they pulled that mag ban.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Hate to say it but I don't see s&w doing anything. They will just stop sales to MA like everyone else and go about their day. But I also hope I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hate to say it but I don't see s&w doing anything. They will just stop sales to MA like everyone else and go about their day. But I also hope I'm wrong.
View Quote

I agree.  I would love to see them move to a state that doesn't hate their products.  However they are quite larger than Magpul, I'm not sure how much money and what effect on production it would be to move to another state.  Not to mention loyal employees that have been there for years.   It's a very hard thing for a company that size to do with I am sure many contracts and deliverables to execute.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#32]
They could always start moving some production elsewhere with the rest to follow or buy/lease some land in a friendly state and get ready to move(or just threaten the state to do same). I do remember though they were the first(and I think only) manufacturer to jump on the "safe gun" monkey business bandwagon many years ago. I always will admire and buy from magpul for their ethics.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I havnt heard any form of announcement from any of the gun manufactures here in MA. I'm not asking them to do so or nocking them in any way, but it would be nice to hear something along the lines of them doing whatever possible even if it's just a few phone calls. Maybe they have and havnt said anything. I know here in MA we have
Smith and Wesson,
Yankee Hill Machine,
Kahr Arms which I believe owns Magnum Research,
And probably a few others I'm forgetting. Plus the ones in our border states.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't really want to bogart this thread but I for one would not purchase or support any manufacturer that does not do SOMETHING. They represent a lot of tax receipts for your fair state and would have a lot more sway/influence/whatever with the knuckleheads in the legislature there. I do, BTW, have relatives who live in Franklin so it does hit a little close to home...

We have plenty of room in the Buckeye state for you all.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I do agree with you that it is a lot of tax money the state is getting. Part of me would like to see them ban all sales to everyone in the state, and not just its citizens, but I have a lot of respect for our police and would not want to deprive them of tool of their trade. Something should be done by everyone effected by this new ban.

I would have no problem and actually support them if they decided to pack up and move out of state. Local gun stores just took a major hit by banning these guns and I have a feeling we might see some stores close down. I also foresee that if this sticks and we can't overturn the AGs decision, semi auto handguns will be next on the chopping block. It's terrible for local business but online sales would rise and the state would lose a lot more tax money. And I'm sure they are ok with that because it makes them feel better about themselves.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:35:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Yhm has been at the forefront pushing to get suppressers legalized in MA. I trust they are on our side. They purchased a building in Easthampton and are in process of moving or recently finished. The logistics of moving smith is huge. Im sure they could expand the Houlton, MA plant and get more production up there. Biggest issue (I think) would be their foundry. They hammer out their own revolver frames. They also take on heat treat work dor local shops shops. So I think a massive reduction is possible not a complete move. However, is S&W even an American company anymore? It's been bought n sold a coulle times now and everything with them is about their bottom line and legal liability. Id love to see them go the Beretta or Magpul route but just don't see it happening. If MA truly is going to be a test case for an AWB then Smith does have a lot to lose and should throw some cash and weight to help us out.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#37]
All these firearms companies that are selling their weapons to LE in MA need to cease with the practice and refuse to provide weapons to the police that they can not sell to the citizens. Something like Barret did in California. MSP switched to S&W M&P 45s recently.Smith and Wesson should grow a set and stop selling their stuff to any PD in MA.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#38]
https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/314550-GOAL-Action-Alert-%E2%80%93-State-House-Lobby-Day

GOAL is sending out email blasts as we speak. It will not be up on the website until tomorrow morning as Mike S is on a plane back here from out west.

This coming weekend, the legislature will be holding more weekend sessions that will spell the end of the formal legislative session on July 31st. It will essentially be the last opportunity for the legislature to enact emergency legislation to reign in the rogue actions of the Massachusetts Attorney General.

GOAL is asking gun owners and citizens to join us at the state house again this Saturday, July 30, 2016 from Noon to 2:00 pm. There will not be an outside rally. This time we are asking people to spend their time in direct communications with legislators inside the State House.

It is vitally important that we all continue to make our voices heard!

We know we are asking a lot for people to give up another Saturday, but we cannot let this horrific attack on civil rights and due process stand. This is also a chance for those who could not attend last weekends rally to participate.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm an FFL in WV.

Can anyone tell me what semi-auto firearms are currently legal and/or being sold in MA?  The wording of the AG's directive is extremely vague.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm an FFL in WV.

Can anyone tell me what semi-auto firearms are currently legal and/or being sold in MA?  The wording of the AG's directive is extremely vague.
View Quote

Welcome to the club. At this point nobody knows. We are fighting not only to repeal the entire thing but at least for a clarification on the matter. Some local gun shops are still selling semi autos such as a m&p 15-22, 10-22 and several others but no ARs or AKs. Other shops have stopped selling all semi autos all together. You'll get a lot more information over at our local forums but just remember, right now it is all here say.
https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/forums/10-General-Discussion

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 3:20:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Even as state records show that guns that appear to be banned under her edict were still being sold as recently as Tuesday, Healey said Massachusetts has seen a “precipitous drop” in the sales of copies or duplicates of assault weapons, and some firearms manufacturers have stopped marketing such guns as “Massachusetts compliant.”

The shifts show that, contrary to what “the NRA, GOAL, and others would want to suggest, there is not confusion about this, there is no lack of clarity,” Healey said, using acronyms for the National Rifle Association and the Gun Owners’ Action League of Massachusetts. “Gun dealers have called our office directly and we have answered questions. It is why we’ve seen that there’s this drop in the sales. Gun dealers get it.”
View Quote

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/newslinks/boston-globe-amid-criticism-healey-defends-gun-crackdown/

Well,NO SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Right?  What did she think would happen?  Morons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even as state records show that guns that appear to be banned under her edict were still being sold as recently as Tuesday, Healey said Massachusetts has seen a “precipitous drop” in the sales of copies or duplicates of assault weapons, and some firearms manufacturers have stopped marketing such guns as “Massachusetts compliant.”

The shifts show that, contrary to what “the NRA, GOAL, and others would want to suggest, there is not confusion about this, there is no lack of clarity,” Healey said, using acronyms for the National Rifle Association and the Gun Owners’ Action League of Massachusetts. “Gun dealers have called our office directly and we have answered questions. It is why we’ve seen that there’s this drop in the sales. Gun dealers get it.”

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/newslinks/boston-globe-amid-criticism-healey-defends-gun-crackdown/

Well,NO SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right?  What did she think would happen?  Morons.

Not a moron but a fucking cunt.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 6:05:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Good morning everyone. I'm checking in from across the country, and taking a keen interest in this thread. In WA we have already been saddled with a "universal" background check through the initiative process. There is a new initiative related to protective orders, and the same organizing group has stated they are going to try to implement a complete ban. It is well past time for us to organize and resist.

Can you point me toward the organizations resisting the AG's actions? My intent is to help however possible with your situation and start to organize resistance here in WA. If we don't push back now this sort of action will spread across the country. One state at a time, our rights will be extinguished.

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Thank you for any help your willing to do. Your right about these new regulations bouncing around the entire country right now it seems. We need to stand as one united front and fight to defend our rights.

Some of our biggest organizations out here are
GOAL http://goal.org
Comm2A  http://www.comm2a.org

There is a ton of information here at northeast shooters, it's more of a local forum.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/forums/10-General-Discussion
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Thank you for any help your willing to do. Your right about these new regulations bouncing around the entire country right now it seems. We need to stand as one united front and fight to defend our rights.

There is a ton of information here at northeast shooters, it's more of a local forum.

View Quote

In addition NSSF and SAF (in WA) are both very involved. Allegedly NRA is also offering assistance to the MA groups.

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:55:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

In addition NSSF and SAF (in WA) are both very involved. Allegedly NRA is also offering assistance to the MA groups.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good. NRA seemed to sit out our UBC fight last time around.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Past history is that they are more of a liability than a help! Ask our friends in NH wrt Constitutional Carry bill or look at Heller . . . they didn't want to go forward with that, sat it out until the win and then took credit for it.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top