User Panel

Page / 6
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:03:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By Jus228:

Originally Posted By wesmerc:

possible dates: July-13,14,20,21

Nothing in June works?  It'll probably be pretty darn hot by mid july.

I'm sure we can tough it out. Wesmerc is organizing this, but I am coordinating with the range (since I'm a member) and June isn't a great month for me.

It'll probably rain anyway.

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:04:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fury_58] [#2]
edit.

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice.    How big did you go?  i'm pretty rusty and may need all the help I can get to actually hit them.  

I can't make any promises, but if it's still around I may be able to donate a stripped car door.  Gotta check with my dad on that one.

I'll bring the 12"X20" IDPA, 1/2" thick...

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:56:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Fury_58 - Fair enough.  I just didn't want to wait that long.  Really looking forward to it.  

Strudle54 - That 'ought to work.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Are Saturdays or Sundays better for everyone?
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Makes no difference to me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 6:13:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raysheen] [#7]
Originally Posted By raysheen:
I have some AR500, but I don't have anything to hang it on at the moment.
I have a mini IDPA and some round plates. I tossed the hangers when I moved, but I can bring them if someone has something I can put them on.

I have some plant hangers like this
http://digital.hammacher.com/Items/12182/12182_1000x1000.jpg

I would imagine that would work just fine as long as you are ok with the possibility of it getting hit.
I'll do a count before the shoot to see exactly how many pieces of steel I have. I think I have 4 pieces of 1/2" AR500 but I'll have to check.

I have a few target stands as well if people want to shoot paper.

Either Sat or Sun works for me...Saturday is slightly better, but it doesn't really matter.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#8]
The day makes no difference to me.
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Of the dates listed, July 20 & 21 work well for me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 12:15:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wesmerc] [#10]
Fury_58 is looking into the availability on the weekend of July 20-21.  Hopefully we will be able to do it one of those days
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds good.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Range reserved.  Thanks Fury_58
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Sweet - I'll be there.   Just got steel targets in today....These things are serious.
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 5:13:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#14]
Awesome. In for the 20th as of right now. Lots going on this summer. Lets plan some sort of meal afterwards.

Link Posted: 5/19/2013 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By theskuh:
Awesome. In for the 20th as of right now. Lots going on this summer. Lets plan some sort of meal afterwards.

I was thinking of throwing my grill on my cargo carrier
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Strudle54:
Sweet - I'll be there.   Just got steel targets in today....These things are serious.

great
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 9:39:58 AM EDT
[#17]
At this point Im in - maybe do the same thing as last year and camp at that campground near the range  just over 91.
I think Mark is in on this one too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By EdB:
At this point Im in - maybe do the same thing as last year and camp at that campground near the range  just over 91.
I think Mark is in on this one too.

Great but like I said, you are welcome at my place.
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Be forewarned. It's Deliverance country out there.
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Fury_58:

word.  Update in op guys
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By Fury_58:

Actually it would be a nice place to camp.

Link Posted: 5/22/2013 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#22]
OK, time to talk with the wife and see if I can reserve the weekend for some "me" time...  :)  She won't come, but my son might want to... will a 11 year old boy be OK, or too young?
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:
OK, time to talk with the wife and see if I can reserve the weekend for some "me" time...  :)  She won't come, but my son might want to... will a 11 year old boy be OK, or too young?

I can handle being on good behavior but I don't know about the rest of these guys
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 8:04:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1969iggy] [#24]

I can handle being on good behavior but I don't know about the rest of these guys

No need to behave, he's been around my fraternity brothers since he was born...  when he was 1, and started saying Dump Truck, he pronounced it Dum Fuck.  My college buddies asked him about that dump truck he loved so much 15,000 times in one weekend. (laughing every time and he loved the attention and the laughs...)

On monday when i picked him up from daycare, the lady pulled me aside and said she needed to talk with me... he had been using languge that was not appropriate.

So i picked up a truck and said "What's this?" to my son.... "Dum Fuck".

Then she understood...  

I think he'd be well behaved, but i have no problem with a "no kids" rule if that's the rule...  i'll have fun either way, it's a matter of if i'm camping out in a small tent, or a bigger one.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#25]

No need to behave, he's been around my fraternity brothers since he was born...  when he was 1, and started saying Dump Truck, he pronounced it Dum Fuck.  My college buddies asked him about that dump truck he loved so much 15,000 times in one weekend. (laughing every time and he loved the attention and the laughs...)

On monday when i picked him up from daycare, the lady pulled me aside and said she needed to talk with me... he had been using languge that was not appropriate.

Then she understood...  

I think he'd be well behaved, but i have no problem with a "no kids" rule if that's the rule...  i'll have fun either way, it's a matter of if i'm camping out in a small tent, or a bigger one.  

I doubt anyone would have a problem with him coming.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Then she understood...  

I doubt anyone would have a problem with him coming.

If anyone wants this to be "No Kids" please post...  no idea if it will work out, but i'd enjoy bringing my son, if my wife will let him come...  

I also respect the idea that sometimes people don't want kids around...
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 1:20:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marcus99] [#27]
I'm in. I forgot about this thread after the new england forum was divided up.

I don't mind sharing; What are people interested in shooting? I'll be bringing my AR's of course, but I'm mostly a handgun guy so in that regard I have a lot more stuff.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Marcus99:

I don't mind sharing; What are people interested in shooting? I'll be bringing my AR's of course, but I'm mostly a handgun guy so in that regard I have a lot more stuff.

Well the poster above has never shot a handgun so I really look forward to sharing mine with him.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 1:33:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marcus99] [#29]

Well the poster above has never shot a handgun so I really look forward to sharing mine with him.

I have a pretty wide range of pistols I could bring, so if someone is looking to try something specific speak up. I have 9mm's, 40, 45, 380, 38/357... including a Dan Wesson 1911, Walther P99, and a modified Beretta 92 among others. I probably won't bring my older milsurps because they are somewhat delicate and the ejecting brass is too rare to loose.

BTW, maybe it was mentioned earlier, but whats the situation with food/beverages (going out to a place afterwards or BBQ there)?
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 1:44:30 PM EDT
[#30]

I have a pretty wide range of pistols I could bring, so if someone is looking to try something specific speak up. I have 9mm's, 40, 45, 380, 38/357... including a Dan Wesson 1911, Walther P99, and a modified Beretta 92 among others. I probably won't bring my older milsurps because they are somewhat delicate and the ejecting brass is too rare to loose.

BTW, maybe it was mentioned earlier, but whats the situation with food/beverages (going out to a place afterwards or BBQ there)?

I am bringing a large propane grill.  bring whatever you want to throw on there or drink
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Me and a buddy are likely to be there. We're both just across the river in the Upper Valley so no need for a camping spot. My son will be back from the UK in July but I don't think that will interfere. He'd rather be shooting than most anything else in any case...
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll bring .22lr, 9mm, 5.56/223 and 7.63 x 39 and 54r along with rifles that can shoot these...  not sure exactly what yet, but I have lots of ammo...

As far as food and drink, i'll probably bring sandwiches for lunch, and go out to eat later...  not sure if we will spend the night or not... might be a tougher sell for the wife...  although it sounds like a good time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#33]
A rimfire challenge sounds awesome.  I'll be sure to bring my m&p 15-22 and maybe a 10/22.  Hell, I'll even bring my mark-ll government.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#34]

A rimfire challenge sounds awesome.  I'll be sure to bring my m&p 15-22 and maybe a 10/22.  Hell, I'll even bring my mark-ll government.

Don't forget the car door.

Link Posted: 5/24/2013 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#35]
About that... The door is gone.  If I can scrounge up anything else I will.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 1:14:22 AM EDT
[#36]

I might be able to make it...depends on my sched. I wont know till later in June
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#37]
As my schedule stands right now, I should be able to make this.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 9:36:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#38]
Someone just tried to book me for a 50th wedding anniversary.  Tough choice but an arfcom shoot will always win over glamor shots of septuagenarians

Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:41:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By theskuh:
Someone just tried to book me for a 50th wedding anniversary.  Tough choice but an arfcom shoot will always win over glamor shots of septuagenarians

Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:44:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Picked up a couple neat targets for the shoot.  One of them rhymes with shmannerite.
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#41]
I have a .22 target tree i can bring.  6 targets, 3 on each side, that flip to the other side when you hit them.... first person with none on their side wins!
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Is it July yet???
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a .22 target tree i can bring.  6 targets, 3 on each side, that flip to the other side when you hit them.... first person with none on their side wins!

That would be great
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Is it July yet???

Lets go shooting.  Come up to the Hartland range
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By zombievt:
As my schedule stands right now, I should be able to make this.

I apologize as I am terrible with names.  But I know you are the guy that helped me with my Bushmaster barrel back in '04.  It'll be good to see you again and to finally get out on a rifle range as we never did manage to do that back then.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#46]
That's me.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Update in op with a list of stuff we could use
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 9:46:46 PM EDT
[#48]
I am interested.  

I currently live in Washington State but am applying for accounting positions in the Burlington - Williston area.  If things work out and we move, I would really like to meet local Arfcommers.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 03Springfield:
I am interested.  

I currently live in Washington State but am applying for accounting positions in the Burlington - Williston area.  If things work out and we move, I would really like to meet local Arfcommers.

We'd be glad to have you.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By 03Springfield:

I am interested.  

Cool, welcome!  

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top