Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2016 6:14:45 PM EDT
Jeff Reed (Fatalwishes)'s mother gave her grandson Travis a 50 states + territories 1999-2009 quarter collection book.  Once it's complete she'll take Travis to Legoland or Disney World.  He's 87% complete, but we're missing mostly Philadelphia mints and all the territories except DC and a Denver American Samoa.  If y'all have any of the below, I'll Paypal or mail you a $1 for each:

Maine - P

Puerto Rico - D
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
PM me the address to send them too and they will be on the way tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, thanks.  IM sent.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Coins were sent out today!
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Jeff Reed (Fatalwishes)'s mother gave her grandson Travis a 50 states + territories 1999-2009 quarter collection book.  Once it's complete she'll take Travis to Legoland or Disney World.  He's 87% complete, but we're missing mostly Philadelphia mints and all the territories except DC and a Denver American Samoa.  If y'all have any of the below, I'll Paypal or mail you a $1 for each:

Maine - P

Puerto Rico - D
View Quote

So, really?  This is all you need and you just got them?  The whole thing will be done & kiddo goes to DisneyWorld/Land?
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:06:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  So, really?  This is all you need and you just got them?  The whole thing will be done & kiddo goes to DisneyWorld/Land?
View Quote

We've been collecting them for a while, and quite a few folks on this site have been quite generous.  The boy has enjoyed getting mail.  We even went to dinner w/ one member here who gave the boy quarters, and were able to recruit his wife onto ARFCOM.

These were the last two we needed, and I posted up here, rather than in the nonexistent Puerto Rico forum.  This was the right place.  Kudos to Maine.

Now he has to memorize all the state capitals, and then his grandmother can start planning the trip.

I think I'm still going to give him all the new quarters I get.  I like having the old ones, and his Lego piggy bank is overflowing w/ the excess new ones I give him.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]
The folks here have been very generous to the boy, and the Reed family.

His Lego (of course) piggy bank was stuffed to the gills, and I discovered I could shake quarters out of the top into his bed, which sent him into bedtime giggles.  The next day, he had emptied it and arranged all his quarters into groups of 16 - his bed quickly became worth $8, which was another giggle fit.  We have a lot of fun - I'm truly grateful that FW_wife's lawnmower wouldn't start, and that a little starting fluid fixed it right up.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:39:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Arrived today - thanks again.  Put it in his stocking for Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Arrived today - thanks again.  Put it in his stocking for Christmas.
View Quote

Please check the dates on the quarters and make sure that they are what he needs. I failed to do so before sending them. If they are not correct, I will send out the right ones.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:  Please check the dates on the quarters and make sure that they are what he needs. I failed to do so before sending them. If they are not correct, I will send out the right ones.
View Quote

If you sent Puerto Rico & Maine, then those are the correct dates - unless you're a VERY clever forger...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top