Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2016 10:50:00 AM EDT
This was over on GD.. Thought it might fit well here with all the Q3 BS.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#2]
The ignorance of people who are against firearms is the problem. I overheard some people  talking the other day about question 3 and one guy saying how he could not believe there are so many no on 3 signs (where I live). I also listen to WGAN and they had an obvious liberal doing inside maine last saturday that was infuriating as to how ignorant she was on the actual issues.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The ignorance of people who are against firearms is the problem. I overheard some people  talking the other day about question 3 and one guy saying how he could not believe there are so many no on 3 signs (where I live). I also listen to WGAN and they had an obvious liberal doing inside maine last saturday that was infuriating as to how ignorant she was on the actual issues.
View Quote

I assume that you politely engaged this guy in conversation...???
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:02:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would hope so. I used to shrug it off feeling as tho it isn't worth getting upset or confrontational over. Now I don't hold back. I speak politely, but I will engage anyone who says anything negative about firearms in hope that if enough people challenge their facts some people may start to change their mind. I doubt it, but if one does, it's worth it
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
In that instance I did not but usually I do explain to anyone who is willing to listen what exactly the process is to obtain a firearm and I also tell them how much of a burden it was when I lived in Hawaii and the process is much more time consuming.

I think the two things most folks do not even realize is that first its not just go to the dealer and fill out the form and your done. They charge a fee.. Typically $35-50 dollars

And the second thing is that it is not enforceable!
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:18:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And the second thing is that it is not enforceable!
View Quote

Those pushing this bill know that.   If this passes in a couple years we will see a new proposal for registration.   That is the only way to enforce this and that is the endgame.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top