Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
Gooood bye bros  .
going to Red country
View Quote
That's wonderful news. Congratulations!
Be sure to drop in to the NJ HTF from time to time to remind us behind enemy lines what it's like in a free country.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Gooood bye bros ….
going to Red country
View Quote

Where are you headed?
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:01:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#3]
FJD has sponsored a new bill allowing PTC holders to carry while hunting.

Bill A5495
Session 2022 - 2023
Allows person with carry permit to possess handgun while hunting.

Oversight, Reform and Federal Relations

Identical Bill Number:
S3846
Primary Sponsor:
Danielsen, Joe
5/11/2023
Introduced, Referred to Assembly Oversight, Reform and Federal Relations Committee

Introduced

(5 pages)PDF FormatHTML Format
View Quote
link

ETA:  For those that don't know, Joe Danielson is the same guy who wrote the carry killer bill.

FJD
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Demeroma:
FJD has sponsored a new bill allowing PTC holders to carry while hunting.

link

ETA:  For those that don't know, Joe Danielson is the same guy who wrote the carry killer bill.

FJD
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#5]
bit south off 80 just over the border. ill be working in NJ till i retire.

Originally Posted By TheTallest:

Where are you headed?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#6]
will do. as ill be on non resident permit in the future.

That's wonderful news. Congratulations!
Be sure to drop in to the NJ HTF from time to time to remind us behind enemy lines what it's like in a free country.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#7]
bit south off 80 just over the border. ill be working in NJ till i retire. four acres.. and i will break it in properly

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:06:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#8]

View Quote
Not to rain on your parade but be aware of and fight against Pennsylvania House Bill 586 introduced by a Philly representative.
The bill if enacted into law would require all ammo sold in PA, bullet and casing, to be serialized. Existing ammo would have to be disposed of before 2024.

HB 586

House Bill 586 already has 14 sponsors

Has Pennsylvania Come Up With the Dumbest Gun Law Yet?

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By TheTallest:

Where are you headed?

Heh… I did the same thing, just hopped the border and went to Pike County, PA since I still have to work in this shithole.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:39:21 PM EDT
[#10]
i know about PA libtards. the Senate is Red for now.
the house is trying to push red flags, univ backround checks, safe storage etc.
but they forget ...

Article I, Section 21 of the Pennsylvania State Constitution states: "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

shall NOT be questioned. thats stronger talk then shall not infringe.

i will miss my neighborhood. the people etc. the only thing i truly hated was NJ gun laws.
i dont have a problem working there. it was just the constant communist attack on firearms .. i had enough.
septic inspection is monday. no turning back now lol
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 8:19:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Article I, Section 21 of the Pennsylvania State Constitution states: "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

shall NOT be questioned. thats stronger talk then shall not infringe.
View Quote
Nice!  
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Gun For Hire Radio #625 The clock is ticking. The Supreme Court grows angrier and impatient

The clock is ticking.
The Supreme Court grows angrier and impatient as the lower courts bastardize their rulings.
As our last bastion of hope, I have faith. Tune in .
View Quote

GFH #625

Link Posted: 5/14/2023 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#13]
This week Evan Nappen talks about the bill to legalize slingshots and how they became illegal in NJ. He also discusses a letter he got about the legality of carrying dirks and daggers in public post Bruen.

Evan Nappen 24:07

Under Montalvo, the court holds that Dirks daggers may be possessed inside the home for self-defense in New Jersey but not outside the home under the same rationale used to prohibit PTC issuance to us plebeians. Yes, and it's true. They even cite Heller and McDonald, both acknowledging possession and carrying solely in the home. But now, given SCOTUS is holding in Bruen that carrying any and all usable, bearable arms, i.e., those in "common use" or not "dangerous" for self-defense is the law of the land. The same logic would hold true that self-defense constitutes a lawful reason for carrying a dagger or other weapons under 39-3. in public. Counselor, may NJ PTC holders or even those without permits, carry the aforementioned weapons, knives in public for self-defense? How should one handle an inquiry by New Jersey law enforcement, answering for self-defense or "for self-defense, officer, as affirmed by SCOTUS under Bruen or would one invoke their Fifth Amendment and Sixth Amendment? Thank you in advance. I'm an avid listener of your podcast. In Liberty, Ryan.
View Quote

Gun Lawyer #133

Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:39:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#14]

For those unfamiliar with the L.E.A.D FEST, it's the official event of Law Enforcement Against Drugs and Violence.

Link

By the way, PTC holders can't carry at the L.E.A.D FEST because it's a permitted event.

ETA:

Nick DeMauro, LEAD Executive Director, told New Jersey 101.5 that he spoke with East Brunswick police Chief Frank LoSacco and clarified the reported incidents were not connected to the carnival. He noted the Habit Burger was located on the other side of the mall parking lot and there were no issues within the carnival space.

DeMauro also said the carnival has taken security measures including metal detectors to keep attendees safe.
View Quote

NJ 101.5

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Morris county residents fwiw.

New guidance, emailed out by my local PD.

We received guidance from the Morris County Prosecutor's Office about adding weapons to the judicial orders.The Prosecutor advised:
If someone is simply adding weapons, they "apply for a new permit".
If someone wants to get rid of a prior restriction, they have to appeal the original carry permit order. This would be a restriction that is anything other than the number of weapons possessed.
What does "apply for a new permit" entail in relation to these CCW Orders? This does not mean the person applying for a new permit has to go through the whole process again:
Chiefs should issue a new permit as if it is a lost permit with the same expiration date as the original, as opposed to creating a "new" permit application and having to get printed again and pay the fees again.
View Quote

Found this in a FB group and I don't know which Morris county PD is doing this so ymmv with your local PD.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Found this in a FB group and I don't know which Morris county PD is doing this so ymmv with your local PD.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:35:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#17]
Koons/Siegel opinion is out!

235 page opinion by Judge Bumb.

OPINION. Signed by Chief Judge Renee Marie Bumb on 5/16/2023. (alb, ) (Entered: 05/16/2023)
link

ORDER granting in part and denying in part 8 Plaintiffs' Motions for a Preliminary Injunction pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 65 and Local Civil Rule 65.1; granting 72 Defendants' Motion for Leave to File an Overlength Brief pursuant to Local Civil Rule 7.2(b); granting 93 Motion of the Professors of Property Law for Leave to File a Brief as Amici Curiae; granting 96 Motion of Brady for Leave to File a Brief as Amicus Curiae; granting 102 Plaintiffs' Motion for Leave to file an Overlength Reply Brief pursuant to Local Civil Rule 7.2(b); denying 109 Plaintiffs' Motion for Leave to File a Supplemental Reply Letter Brief in Response to Supplemental Declaration of David Rebuck as moot; denying 116 Plaintiffs' Emergency Motion for Leave to File Supplemental Papers as moot. Signed by Chief Judge Renee Marie Bumb on 5/16/2023. (alb, ) (Entered: 05/16/2023)
link

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:57:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#19]
I think I'm reading this correctly, not at all fluent in legalese.

GRANTED Injunction against:

vehicle carry
in-person interview of character references
private property (edit: sort of, looks like you need a permission slip for non-public, private property) Link
insurance mandate

DENIED Injunction against:

exorbitant fees (so pony up every 2 years boys)
youth sporting events
87 character references
exemption of rules for the King's men
carrying while hunting

IANAL, wait for the many actual lawyer reviews that will come soon.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:03:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#20]
Correction on private property injunction:

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:
I think I'm reading this correctly, not at all fluent in legalese.

IANAL, wait for the many actual lawyer reviews that will come soon.

View Quote
My head hurts reading all this legal jargon. I too will wait for the lawyers to chime in.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:11:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#22]

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#23]

FJD

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Copied this from a FB group.

Summary from today's Bumb drop:

NEW PLACES ALLOWED:
Zoos
Health care facilities - only as to facilities set forth in Plaintiffs' declarations ( I believe this excludes mental health facilities)
Public filmmaking locations

STRUCK DOWN:

Insurance mandate
in-person interview requirement of carry permit applicant's character endorsers

CLARIFIED:

Airport carry still prohibited, checking unloaded firearm in is not prohibited, as is carry while pickup/dropoff also not prohibited.

STILL PROHIBITED:
Schools
playgrounds
childcare facilities
youth sporting events

NOT GONE:
Higher fees
Exception for judges, prosecutors, AGs
Anti-Brandishing
Fish and game restrictions
References
"Such other information" to review a concealed carry applicant's application
View Quote

This is still preliminary info and unverified since I haven't read judge Bumb's 235 page book yet
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm too busy to read and digest it today. I hope Mark Smith / Four Boxes Diner has a good synopsis tonight.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Whamo:
I'm too busy to read and digest it today. I hope Mark Smith / Four Boxes Diner has a good synopsis tonight.
View Quote
You're not the only one waiting on Mark Smith.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#27]

GFH
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#28]
What a great day. Common sense has prevailed... for now.

We need an updated heat map with permitted and prohibited locations. Airports still off limits, but what about Train Stations? Are they considered "Transportation Hubs"?
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:59:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#29]
Originally Posted By mhbaker81:
What a great day. Common sense has prevailed... for now.

We need an updated heat map with permitted and prohibited locations. Airports still off limits, but what about Train Stations? Are they considered "Transportation Hubs"?
View Quote
All the information we seek is in the details and lawyer speak. We'll eventually find out what's what. In the mean time enjoy the State's salty tears.

eta:

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#30]
whats up with the private property thing ? that looks like we lost there
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
Yeah, it's worse than than under the TRO since we'll now need grandma's permission to enter her house.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 2:29:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#32]
View Quote

In the end the state will end up with enough wiggle room to make carrying in NJ a pretty big hassle. Especially when you consider the penalties. Even if the rules end up in line with other states' rules, remember that in other states stuff like not carrying your permit on your person, or running afoul of allowable places to carry come with a misdemeanor (sometimes even less!). In NJ, I am pretty sure that any infraction comes with a prison sentence.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#33]
its not just grandpas, its any private property
seems like Bumb bombed on that
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 2:44:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#34]
View Quote

She said, publicly accessible private property, e.g. your local QuickE Mart, or Target, or whatever... Unless of course they expressly post no guns.

Grandpa's requires express permission to carry. So unless you plan on telling everyone you know that you're packing heat, leave it home lest you risk prison time.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 2:48:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#35]
sounds like we are screwed
ill keep working on the process. septic was tested yesterday. financing looking good. time to leave.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#36]
sounds like we are screwed
ill keep working on the process. septic was tested yesterday. financing looking good. time to leave.
View Quote

This was always the way.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#37]
yea dude this sounds like we went backwards. there is no win here.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 2:56:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#38]
yea dude this sounds like we went backwards. there is no win here.
View Quote

To be fair, this is just the ruling on the injunction. It's entirely possible that these that were denied could still be won in the lawsuit...
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#39]
how long this going to drag on for back and forth back and forth
any restriction is fkn unconstitutional
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 3:13:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#40]

To be fair, this is just the ruling on the injunction. It's entirely possible that these that were denied could still be won in the lawsuit...
View Quote
Great minds think alike...

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#41]
how long this going to drag on for back and forth back and forth
any restriction is fkn unconstitutiona
View Quote
The fight will never end. That's why the Founders put the 2A in the Bill of Rights.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#42]
And it's off to the 3rd Circuit.....

link

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
Here's a reply to Mark Smith's earlier tweet:

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

My local PD Berkeley township confirmed , if you have no restrictions checked on your permit with just handguns listed to just drop off a new application with 2 new photos and they will issue a new permit with same expire date, no cost to do so

This is all still so stupid. The only way to remove a court order is through the legal system. Even if you do get a new permit, your court order is still in effect until it expires or is removed by the court. A new permit does not cancel a court order. So just carry the paperwork for the next 18 months or so until it expires, if you are carrying the guns listed on the court order.
As to a new permit for adding a new gun, that doesn't make sense either. Under the law, once you have a permit you can carry any gun you own. The court order overrode this, but in Supplemental Directive 14-22 the court removed itself from processing new handguns, thus turning that over to the local Police. I asked my local PD what I need to do to carry my new firearms, and was told I'm covered for any new firearms, but to continue to carry the court order for those listed on there. They are not issuing new licenses to anyone that already has a license, as they (and I) believe we are covered under:
2C:58-4 Permits to carry handguns. 2C:58-4. a. Scope and duration of authority. Any person who holds a valid permit to carry a handgun issued pursuant to this section shall be authorized to carry a handgun in all parts of this State, except as prohibited by subsection e. of N.J.S.2C:39-5.
Some of you may disagree with me, but this is the info I received. Personally I'll be glad when the two years are up and we go through FARS to renew and the court orders expire.

Just confirmed with Denville PD that they received this guidance this morning as well. Their going to speak with the chief and let me know what i need to bring, but yes, done as a lost permit and same expiration date with no fees.

NJ truly is world.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#45]
lol

I'm a court order guy. Guess I'm stuck in limbo until December 2024.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#46]
lol

I'm a court order guy. Guess I'm stuck in limbo until December 2024.
View Quote
Me too in a screwed up way. I don't have an actual court order but do have that stupid judge Oxley transport restriction on the back of my PTC.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#47]
HUGE 2A WIN: NJ's Conceal Carry Law Spanked by Judge Bumb in 235-page ruling....
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Stolen, I mean Borrowed from reddit:

Deep Breath People | We still have a whole trial ahead | What's Next ?

We still have a whole trial ahead and tons of time to argue our case where Judge Bumb did not rule our way, remember for TRO / PI you need to show slam dunk evidence, NOTHING IS OVER UNTIL THE FULL TRIAL IS HEARD AND JUDGE BUMB RULES THE PERMANMENT INJUNCTION.
I feel great about today's win, we are on the right track -

TRO Phase (first 30 or so days)

TRO's are typically the first phase of a lawsuit. The complaint is filed and then there is essentially an emergency hearing for a TRO. In civil rights cases, a violation of a fundamental right is a serious matter and if it's highly likely that a suit will be successful, courts have found that a right denied for even one day is too long. A TRO typically has a very short lifecycle. It will remain in effect for usually around 30 days or until a hearing on a preliminary injunction can be scheduled.

Preliminary Injunction Phase (first 3 or so months)

WE ARE HERE

The preliminary injunction phase is usually the first phase of these trials that includes extensive pleadings (long memorandums laying out their case) and a full hearing. To get a court to grant a preliminary injunction, the plaintiff needs to establish a better than 50% chance of being successful in the entire lawsuit. If granted, the preliminary injunction will remain in effect for the entire duration of the lawsuit.

It could well be that portions of these lawsuits can be ruled on in a preliminary injunction and portions require more discovery (evidence) so some portions of the law may be struck down in the preliminary injunction phase, some may be upheld pending the full trial.
In other words, just because some specific portion of the law does not get enjoined in the preliminary injunction phase, does not mean that it will survive the full trial. It means that at the preliminary injunction phase, plaintiffs couldn't establish a better than 50% probability of success without more evidence.

Permanent Injunction Phase (1-2 years)

A permanent injunction is the result of the full trial. This is a long winding road. Hearings, motions, briefs, reply briefs, expert testimony, various appeals on and on. If sections of this law can't be resolved in the preliminary injunction phase, this part is going to take a long time. So settle in and keep a positive attitude. They want to grind us down and frustrate us. They want you to get so frustrated that you don't even bother applying for a permit. Just keep in mind that generations of people in this state lived their entire lives with their rights fully restrained. It's a long fight with lots of pit stops along the way.

(4) Guide to the Upcoming NJ 2A Lawsuits : NJGuns (reddit.com)
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#49]
FPC VICTORY IN KOONS v. PLATKIN - NJ Bruen Response Bill Challenge
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#50]

twitter thread reader:  link

Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top