Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2017 7:51:54 PM EDT
A buddy of mine had a Springfield 1903A3 that I reluctantly traded him my 7.62x39 AR for. I say reluctantly because while I liked shooting the rifle I never actually wanted it. Anyway, this thing is an abortion. It's been sporterized to all retarded levels. It's got a.308 heavy barrel, it's in a sporter stock and has a cheap Bushnell scope on it.

I'd like to have it restored as best it can be. I'd like a 1903A3 barrel put back on it, a 1903A3 stock and handguard. I know it'll never be right not perfect but I'd like it to be somewhere close to what it was.

Does anyone know of anyone local who could take this freak of nature for a few weeks and fix it?

I'm up in Montague.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll end up paying less in the long (and short) run if you just sell it and buy a cmp or good condition Springfield.
The barrel and installation alone would exceed it's value.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I had considered this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top