Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2017 10:19:39 AM EDT
Thought about going to a PGO Mossberg 500, but then questioned its true utlity.

Miraculously, this dumb idea popped into my small brain:

16.1" barrel (this will be cut down from a 20" donor) and ATI collapsible folder stock.

This would allow me to shoulder the shotgun when deemed necessary and still have the shortness of the PGO.

The only question would be the legality of the setup when the stock is folder, as the length of the shotgun will be under 26".

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Thought about going to a PGO Mossberg 500, but then questioned its true utlity.

Miraculously, this dumb idea popped into my small brain:

16.1" barrel (this will be cut down from a 20" donor) and ATI collapsible folder stock.

This would allow me to shoulder the shotgun when deemed necessary and still have the shortness of the PGO.

The only question would be the legality of the setup when the stock is folder, as the length of the shotgun will be under 26".

Your thoughts?
View Quote

18.1", as 18" is the minimum length for a shotgun.  16" is minimum for rifles.

As to OAL...  ATF regulations on this have always stated that the measurement of the firearm be taken in the "firing" configuration, meaning stock unfolded.  NJ makes no such distinction.  It's yet another one of those questionable areas.  I'd say if the gun is capable of being fired when it's in a configuration that's less than 26" OAL, a prosecutor could make an issue out of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top