Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2017 7:37:57 PM EDT
Does anyone know when they are having one of those programs where they will give you $200 for old unoperable handguns no questions asked?
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck New Jersey. Fuck gun buy backs.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck New Jersey. Fuck gun buy backs.
View Quote
So... that would be a "no"?  
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
There are no Gun Buy Backs planned for the foreseeable future.If you have any questions you may contact the NJ Office of the Attorney General's Citizen Services Unit at 609-984-5828.
View Quote
Link
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:52:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Link
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
That would be a big no.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice way to support NJ's Anti-Gun agenda.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Cry me a river.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No, but consider this.... the next time there is one, "locate" some cheap BB guns, scuff 'em up, win $200/investment.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be a big no.
No, but consider this.... the next time there is one, "locate" some cheap BB guns, scuff 'em up, win $200/investment.

Oddly enough I actually have a Gamo Glock BB gun and a Daisy BB gun in storage I no longer want. I hadn't even considered this. I may just do this next time there is a buy back.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Exactly.  While it might feel good to "get one over on them" by trading in a worthless piece of junk for $200, realize that the money means absolutely nothing to them (after all, it's OUR money - not theirs), nor does the fact that they didn't increase anyone's safety one iota by taking a POS Jennings or whatever off of the streets (more like out of the storage closet)...  it simply gives them one more statistic to add to their credit to make it LOOK like they accomplished something significant.

You'll never see a story in the press that, "Gun buyback results in more than 50% 'junk' guns - streets no safer than before".  Next time someone reads "Gun buyback takes another 2,300 dangerous firearms away from the children"....  know that if you participated, you're part of that headline.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Exactly.  While it might feel good to "get one over on them" by trading in a worthless piece of junk for $200, realize that the money means absolutely nothing to them (after all, it's OUR money - not theirs), nor does the fact that they didn't increase anyone's safety one iota by taking a POS Jennings or whatever off of the streets (more like out of the storage closet)...  it simply gives them one more statistic to add to their credit to make it LOOK like they accomplished something significant.

You'll never see a story in the press that, "Gun buyback results in more than 50% 'junk' guns - streets no safer than before".  Next time someone reads "Gun buyback takes another 2,300 dangerous firearms away from the children"....  know that if you participated, you're part of that headline.
View Quote
My 1 or 2 guns aren't going to change that statistic in any way and won't make any difference.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 12:20:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My 1 or 2 guns aren't going to change that statistic in any way and won't make any difference.
View Quote
Neither will your vote...
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
every individual rain drop doesn't believe it's responsible for the flood.........

i'll just keep my old junk guns.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:45:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

every individual rain drop doesn't believe it's responsible for the flood.........

i'll just keep my old junk guns.
View Quote
You can post these lame philosophical type responses.  But the fact of the matter is that what I said is the truth.  

With the massive amount of taxes that small business owners like me pay in this state, I have no problem getting a little back in any way that I can.  

And considering that it will go towards additional support that I give ANJRPC and the NRA, the end result will be better.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#15]
According to an article I read about the last buy-back, they asked for ID to make sure you live in NJ.  That, to me, is a question. No questions asked means you walk up to a table, they clear the gun and hand you cash.  No a word needs to be spoken.  

BUT... they ask for your ID.  Now you are on their radar.  Good Luck!  You are not supporting our cause by doing this.

PS: I'm also a small business owner.  I know what I pay in taxes between my home and my business and it makes me sick but they can keep the $200.  They need it more than I do.  
FNJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top