Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2017 8:49:55 PM EDT
Looks like the planning board approved , lets see if it comes to fruition

Gun range
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 7:09:22 AM EDT
[#1]
That would be pretty cool if it happens. But I see the liberals putting a stop to it. There was also rumor of a range going into the old Staples building in Franklin for a while too. Nothing ever came of it other than rumor.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That would be pretty cool if it happens. But I see the liberals putting a stop to it. There was also rumor of a range going into the old Staples building in Franklin for a while too. Nothing ever came of it other than rumor.
View Quote
I'm sure the next town hall meeting will be a shit show
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone read the part in that article that anyone bringing in hollowpoints will be asked to leave, and anyone bringing them in again will have the police called on them.........

Even when a new facility opens up to supposedly help further the cause in the hellhole that is NJ, they still screw shit up and continue the fallacy that hollowpoints are illegal and will even ignorantly call the cops on you(for what I have no idea, as hollowpoints can be brought from store to home and to place to shoot.)

Y'all just need to get out and nuke the place from orbit
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone read the part in that article that anyone bringing in hollowpoints will be asked to leave, and anyone bringing them in again will have the police called on them.........

Even when a new facility opens up to supposedly help further the cause in the hellhole that is NJ, they still screw shit up and continue the fallacy that hollowpoints are illegal and will even ignorantly call the cops on you(for what I have no idea, as hollowpoints can be brought from store to home and to place to shoot.)

View Quote
Looks like I won't be going there if it opens since all I shoot out of my .357 is Hornady XTP hollow points because I bought a thousand projectiles dirt cheap a while back.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
saw that, and immediately said fuck them. Dick's in Wayne sells hollow point bullets for Christ's sake.

...........i'm getting so sick of the rampant pussification of everything in this state. PA is looking better and better---just gotta find work that PAYS out there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 6:31:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I didn't see that.  Which article has that piece?  Did it get edited?

ETA: Found it here:
http://www.northjersey.com/story/news/passaic/wayne/2017/09/06/wayne-approves-gun-range-former-route-23-fuddruckers-site/638310001/

ETA2:  I found some contact info for them, and sent them an email asking for clarification on their proposed policy.  We'll see...
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Got a response from them.  Since their response was in image format, I'm going to have to transcribe it.  Any typos are mine:

"There may have been some misinterpretation on the publishers side of the article of what was actually meant at the planning board meeting.  We will not be banning hollow point ammunition as they are legal under 2C:39-6f and g.  The statements made at the planning board meeting in reference to the repeat offenders was in regards to safety issues, violation of the NJ State Law Title 13 Chapter 54, along with violations of our range rules.  As you point out the safety inspections, this is to ensure that everyone is safe while having fun at our facility not to infringe on the 2nd amendment rights.  We are sorry the media misconstrued our words.  Hope this helps."

"Another point we would like to clarify is that the media released this article without our input.  We are here to answer your concerns and questions so please keep that in mind and we will answer as soon as we can.  With that being said[,]  [w]e have plans in place and policies that we will adhere [to].  Every member of our staff will be an RSO and we will have multiple in the actual range during operation.  The assistance button is to stop a range visitor from removing their firearm from the lane and pointing their muzzle where it doesn't belong when they have a question.  If they do have a question they can simply press the button which will alert our RSO's inside the range.  In addition, the fact that we will perform a safety check on every firearm entering our place of business, to be used within our facility, in which we assume liability, should be reassuring rather than off putting.  It will be a simple visual inspection.  We want to ensure safety and the best way to do that is to have high standards.  We will have a fully trained staff that will use their best judgement while still adhering to our standards.  All of these policies and procedures will be found on our website when it is ready for release.  Thank you all for your understanding and we appreciate your concerns and comments."

So, there you go.  Try and contain your shock and surprise as you read that the reporter got his facts wrong.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top