Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 6:14:31 PM EDT
i am shipping an AR to a friend in NJ and have a few questions.

i have already made it NJ compliant with a fixed stock and a crowned barrel and railed gas block (no bayonet lug).

can a NJ AR have a vertical grip on it w/o any issues?

anything i need to do special to send it to his local FFL? is there anything special that needs to be done?

if he were to pick it up from me Face to Face can he just take it back or does he have to "register" it with the state?

just want top make sure he won't have any issues getting it.

thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
i am shipping an AR to a friend in NJ and have a few questions.

i have already made it NJ compliant with a fixed stock and a crowned barrel and railed gas block (no bayonet lug).

can a NJ AR have a vertical grip on it w/o any issues?

anything i need to do special to send it to his local FFL? is there anything special that needs to be done?

if he were to pick it up from me Face to Face can he just take it back or does he have to "register" it with the state?

just want top make sure he won't have any issues getting it.

thanks for your help.
View Quote

1. No issues with the VFG - legal here.
2. Nope - just make sure you talk to the FFL first, and he/she is OK with receiving a firearm from an individual.  Usually, they want a copy of your D.L. or other state-issued ID in the box.
3.  I don't understand this question.  "Pick it up from you FTF"...  you're a resident of SC, your friend is a resident of NJ.  By federal law, the transfer must go through an FFL.  He can drive to your state, and you can do the transfer at an FFL in your state, if you'd like.  NJ law still needs to be followed though, meaning your FFL would need to verify that your friend has a NJ Firearms ID card, and they would both need to fill out a NJ Certificate of Eligibility form to complete the transfer (in addition to the federal 4473 form).  No formal registration here in NJ is required.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1. No issues with the VFG - legal here.
2. Nope - just make sure you talk to the FFL first, and he/she is OK with receiving a firearm from an individual.  Usually, they want a copy of your D.L. or other state-issued ID in the box.
3.  I don't understand this question.  "Pick it up from you FTF"...  you're a resident of SC, your friend is a resident of NJ.  By federal law, the transfer must go through an FFL.  He can drive to your state, and you can do the transfer at an FFL in your state, if you'd like.  NJ law still needs to be followed though, meaning your FFL would need to verify that your friend has a NJ Firearms ID card, and they would both need to fill out a NJ Certificate of Eligibility form to complete the transfer (in addition to the federal 4473 form).  No formal registration here in NJ is required.
View Quote
thanks, that answered my question right there. appreciate the help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top