Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2010 10:21:07 PM EDT
Okay, I live in Buena Vista Township NJ (Atlantic County). I have to file for permits at the Troop A State Trooper barracks. I, for some reason can't get the trooper to accept my paper work. The first time I was there...called to make an appointment.....was there on time....went over the paper work. The money order I made out was for 3 pistol permits($18 for the background check and $2 per permit) $24 money order. That was NO GOOD. Had to be seperate.He laughed and said "you were so close too ha ha ha"
Day two. Called for appointment. Was there on time. Went over paper work again. It was good. Took my birth certificate, FID and driver lic. to copy it....5 minutes latter came out said he had to go and to come back again...he laughed again and said to try again on the weekend and maybe I could have an appointment then.

I am respectful of the police officers and all the BS and A######S they have to deal with on a daily basis. I am not some scum bag criminal. I am a normal looking and acting guy...a nice guy if I could push it abit LOL. I have now burned a half tank of gas and my time. Followed their crappy laws and feel as though this guy is playing some kind of game.

Anyone else have any kind of issue at that trooper barrack.

I just can't believe how many intrusive laws and outragious taxes this state has jammed down our throughts. I was born and raised here and it USE  to be a great state to live in. I did move away for a couple years down south and wow.....I actually felt free. I came back because of my parents having health issues and have been trapped here ever since(got divorced and stayed here to raise my son). 2 years left and can't waite to get the hell out! Seems as though this has become a state of victims since it apparently is illegal for you to defend yourself. I personally do not trust anyone else but myself to keep me and my family safe. That is not intended to be  offensive to the police here, but, what unfair pressure on them too. If they don't get somewhere ASAP a person could be shot to death because the criminals will ALWAYS have the guns and they also know they can pick and choose who to get because no  law abiding citizen can carry a pistol to defend themselves.(sorry for the run on sentence LOL).
The law makers of this state live in a fairy tale land of rainbows and unicorns and refuse to accept the facts that gun control like this does not reduce crime...it increases it. Any state that allowed it citizens the right to carry, violent crimes got reduced bigtime. I do believe in background checks. If you are not a criminal it is your right to defend yourself with a firearm. I don't need the mommy and daddy mentality from  the "better than thou" politicians seem to have.

I am done my rant Have a great weekend guys and gals!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:45:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Okay, I live in Buena Vista Township NJ (Atlantic County). I have to file for permits at the Troop A State Trooper barracks. I, for some reason can't get the trooper to accept my paper work. The first time I was there...called to make an appointment.....was there on time....went over the paper work. The money order I made out was for 3 pistol permits($18 for the background check and $2 per permit) $24 money order. That was NO GOOD. Had to be seperate.He laughed and said "you were so close too ha ha ha"
Day two. Called for appointment. Was there on time. Went over paper work again. It was good. Took my birth certificate, FID and driver lic. to copy it....5 minutes latter came out said he had to go and to come back again...he laughed again and said to try again on the weekend and maybe I could have an appointment then.

I am respectful of the police officers and all the BS and A######S they have to deal with on a daily basis. I am not some scum bag criminal. I am a normal looking and acting guy...a nice guy if I could push it abit LOL. I have now burned a half tank of gas and my time. Followed their crappy laws and feel as though this guy is playing some kind of game.

Anyone else have any kind of issue at that trooper barrack.

I just can't believe how many intrusive laws and outragious taxes this state has jammed down our throughts. I was born and raised here and it USE  to be a great state to live in. I did move away for a couple years down south and wow.....I actually felt free. I came back because of my parents having health issues and have been trapped here ever since(got divorced and stayed here to raise my son). 2 years left and can't waite to get the hell out! Seems as though this has become a state of victims since it apparently is illegal for you to defend yourself. I personally do not trust anyone else but myself to keep me and my family safe. That is not intended to be  offensive to the police here, but, what unfair pressure on them too. If they don't get somewhere ASAP a person could be shot to death because the criminals will ALWAYS have the guns and they also know they can pick and choose who to get because no  law abiding citizen can carry a pistol to defend themselves.(sorry for the run on sentence LOL).
The law makers of this state live in a fairy tale land of rainbows and unicorns and refuse to accept the facts that gun control like this does not reduce crime...it increases it. Any state that allowed it citizens the right to carry, violent crimes got reduced bigtime. I do believe in background checks. If you are not a criminal it is your right to defend yourself with a firearm. I don't need the mommy and daddy mentality from  the "better than thou" politicians seem to have.

I am done my rant Have a great weekend guys and gals!!

meh...

Not enough foul language, and its pretty comprhensible... But holy paragraph holocaust!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:54:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I know, I know......gotta say your the king when it come to the super good rants!!!! LOL. I try.....feel better now though
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:11:16 AM EDT
[#3]
You are pissed and not the only one. My buddy, a LEO had problems there. He talked to a Lt Col and got them, the next time he filed, it happened again.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
The officer in question should be in jail for violating your 2nd amendment rights.  You have done everything correctly and he has the nerve to delay you AND mock you?  Disgusting individual, I hope he gets busted someday for being a dirty cop or something.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually you would do a Writ of Mandamus to bring him into court to explain his actions.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:43:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Actually you would do a Writ of Mandamus to bring him into court to explain his actions.

Sounds good to me, I would pay at least $100 to see him try to explain the way he acted.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds good to me, I would pay at least $100 to see him try to explain the way he acted.

This guy will help you

Dan Schmutter Esq.

[email protected]

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably cost you more like $1000 or $10,000 to drag him to court. But i agree it is BS, this state sucks and he

is treating you like a smuck. Spend the money, and drag his ass in. Money well spent, since it aint mine .

Good luck though, don't give up.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Don;t worry about it yet, my guy is back at work tomorrow, I will email him, i know he doesn;t like this shit, he is straight up good cop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top