Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2017 9:31:29 AM EDT
Several times a year, my buddies and I camp at my brother-in-law's farm.  He has a few hundred acres of private land in the middle of nowhere with a small hunting camp on it. The guys that show up bring all sorts of interesting guns, everything from .22's all the way up to AR's/AK's etc and some full auto.

Occasionally, we invite guests into camp, and they always seem to have a good time. They're always amazed by the freedom that we have there to do pretty much what we want...we set off fireworks, we shoot Tannerite, shoot with full auto/bump fire stocks, etc.

The last time we were there, the topic came up of how someone from another country might enjoy getting to shoot so many different types of weapons in an uncontrolled (not at the shooting range) environment.  I told my brother-in-law about Arfcom's UK forum and told him that I could extend the invite and he said it sounded like a great idea.  We're shooting for sometime next summer, so we have 6-7 months to plan.

So, who's up for it?  We'll provide food, beverages and accommodations (there's an old but maintained farmhouse with electricity on the site) if you can be responsible for getting a flight and a rental car and maybe chipping in on ammo if you're wanting to shoot a crazy amount.

You can contact me in this thread or PM me for details.  Due to transportation constraints (you could drive to my location, but then would have to ride with me to the farm since it requires 4WD to get there), I can only take one person, so it will be first come, first served.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 8:00:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if anyone responded to you privately, but I just wanted to make sure that you thanked for a very generous offer. Your kindness is noted and appreciated
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
hi,
ive met a few arfcom shooters over the last couple of years and done some shooting in usa, looking to be in america this year again.
where abouts is this?
atb
mart
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
hi,
ive met a few arfcom shooters over the last couple of years and done some shooting in usa, looking to be in america this year again.
where abouts is this?
atb
mart
View Quote

We're in central WV.  Quite literally in the middle of nowhere.  

Sorry for the delayed response, but I was actually out there this weekend from Fri to Sunday. Good times!

EDIT: We've spoken before and I extended the offer to you in this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1706133_.html&page=1
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't know if anyone responded to you privately, but I just wanted to make sure that you thanked for a very generous offer. Your kindness is noted and appreciated
View Quote

Glad to do it.  It will be fun seeing the look on someone's face when they come rolling into camp and see all the guns that they can spend the next few days shooting.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We're in central WV.  Quite literally in the middle of nowhere.  

Sorry for the delayed response, but I was actually out there this weekend from Fri to Sunday. Good times!

EDIT: We've spoken before and I extended the offer to you in this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1706133_.html&page=1
View Quote

Just read your post on the link, dont take this the wrong way but where is wv or what does it stand for?
I had to ask this when i went to dfw.lol
Atb
Mart
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just read your post on the link, dont take this the wrong way but where is wv or what does it stand for?
I had to ask this when i went to dfw.lol
Atb
Mart
View Quote

Haha...sorry.

WV is the common abbreviation for West Virginia.  We're about seven hours from NYC, about five hours from Washington DC and about three hours from Pittsburgh, PA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Virginia
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Slight correction:   That outta read West (by God) Virginia!

(formerly Marion Co.)...................Damn neighborly offer from you fella's.....MMA outta take you up.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Slight correction:   That outta read West (by God) Virginia!

(formerly Marion Co.)...................Damn neighborly offer from you fella's.....MMA outta take you up.
View Quote

Thats the sort of holiday i would go for..
Where is close to you where my wife and son could stay at , with plenty to do.
I am the sort who moans " im bored " after 10 minutes next to a pool, where my family would stay there all day happy.
Atb
Mart
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thats the sort of holiday i would go for..
Where is close to you where my wife and son could stay at , with plenty to do.
I am the sort who moans " im bored " after 10 minutes next to a pool, where my family would stay there all day happy.
Atb
Mart
View Quote

Closest "city" would be Charleston, WV.  Population of about 50,000. About 1 hour away.

How old is your son?  There's a couple of children's museums/theaters there.  One is called the Clay Center, which my son enjoyed a lot. There's a ton of places to eat, shopping, museums, etc.  There's a cool riverfront park. There's a street called Capitol Street which is lined with trees and has a ton of shops and eateries. There's a minor league baseball park. There's a riverfront where you can walk in the summer. The state capitol building is open to tours and is pretty impressive. And of course, hotels with pools.

Riverfront Park/Ampitheater:

Capitol Street:

Appalachian Power Park

WV State Capitol

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:18:19 AM EDT
[#10]
My lad is 14, he has his own 12g and has shoot .22 upto .50 beuwolf.
Not sure if my wife and son will come withe yet just trying to sort it out.
Which airport is closest for international fligjts ?
I will send you a im when i get home from work tonight.
Also is there a cabelas in your town?
Atb
Mart
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My lad is 14, he has his own 12g and has shoot .22 upto .50 beuwolf.
Not sure if my wife and son will come withe yet just trying to sort it out.
Which airport is closest for international fligjts ?
I will send you a im when i get home from work tonight.
Also is there a cabelas in your town?
Atb
Mart
View Quote

He's probably too old for the Clay Center.  He might like a baseball game, though. And of course, there's theaters and shopping malls and all kinds of stuff to do.  

Closest airport is Pittsburgh, about 3 hours away.  You can get connecting flights directly into Yeager in Charleston, but that airport only accommodates smaller planes, so you'd have to switch aircraft if you wanted to do that.

You could also fly into DC.

There is no Cabelas in my town.  I don't think you're quite getting how remote we are here.  We got a Walmart last year, and that was a huge deal.  

There is a Cabelas in Charleston, however.

I'll tell you more via IM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top