Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2016 8:58:28 AM EDT
So I'm keenly interested in the U.K. company Shield and their RMS micro red dot sight. It looks perfect for pistols and is being marketed as such over here in the States, but they are a relatively new company in this market from what I can find. So what's the skinny on them over there? Any of you own an RMS and can comment on it?

Truth About Guns article
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
First time i had heard of them, just looked them up.
Not much help but i will keep an eye out for reviews on the english forums.
Atb
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Shield aren't new to MRDS production. They were involved in the original Firepoint MRDS @1998, also marketed as the Tasco Optima, J Point and now the Shield Mini-Sight. This is their basic polymer bodied version and is quite usable. They have seen military and LE service. Shield also have a good grounding in sport/competitive use.

Whether their sights are better than other high end is debatable but they are good. I have used mini-sights, Docters, Trijicon RMR and Burris by comparison and I still rate the Docter as the best actual sight. However, the flexibility of the RMS and Burris in being able to change the battery without dismounting the sight is a big plus for me. They are a serious producer of red dot sights, just not so well known in the 'cool' circles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top