Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2015 4:54:02 PM EDT
I read that the UK election campaign began last month and will last until some time in May.

Here in the U.S. candidates announce their intention to run a year-and-a-half out, are effectively running well before then, and spend hundreds of millions of dollars campaigning.

It's enough to drive us mad!
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont take any notice of any off it , they all seem to promise good things then once they have been allected they dont go through with it.
I think all the parties all work on doing the same thing, having us over.
Atb
Mart
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:56:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Agree with MMAMonster.

Largely try and avoid the election hype.

Generally look at the issues which are most important and decide for myself on which party is going to do the closest thing to what I think is the right way forward.

The EU, immigration, economy, welfare, energy sustainability and defence are some of the key issues being played out, along with housing, crime and undoing the plague of political correctness is something many see is important.

It's a case of voting for the least worse of a poor bunch.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 5:11:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Scared what would happen if they got in power but UKIP say they would bring back hand guns
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Scared what would happen if they got in power but UKIP say they would bring back hand guns
View Quote

I will vote for them
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Agree with MMAMonster.

Generally look at the issues which are most important and decide for myself on which party is going to do the closest thing to what I think is the right way forward.

The EU, immigration, economy, welfare, energy sustainability and defence are some of the key issues being played out, along with housing, crime and undoing the plague of political correctness is something many see is important.

View Quote

Saw this on twitter today, thoughts?

#UPDATE: Radical leftist Corbyn becomes head of Britain's Labour http://u.afp.com/ZTF4
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

#UPDATE: Radical leftist Corbyn becomes head of Britain's Labour http://u.afp.com/ZTF4
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agree with MMAMonster.

Internal party affairs for the mainstream leftist party.  Taken a swing to a more left wing stance.

He could either really mobilise the far left, or he could alienate more and more people and render the party even more unelectable than I is now.

Time will tell.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Internal party affairs for the mainstream leftist party.  Taken a swing to a more left wing stance.

He could either really mobilise the far left, or he could alienate more and more people and render the party even more unelectable than I is now.

Time will tell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agree with MMAMonster.

Time will tell.

Greece is obviously a whole other thing and not related to UK politics but with their recent election, I'm curious what your take on that situation is and since there's no Hometown Greece, I'll have to ask you here.

I'm kinda wondering where Europe is headed and the UK in relation to it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Greece is obviously a whole other thing and not related to UK politics but with their recent election, I'm curious what your take on that situation is and since there's no Hometown Greece, I'll have to ask you here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agree with MMAMonster.

Time will tell.

Don't really know to be honest. You might get a better answer in the European Forum.

I get the Impression that the Greeks are just fed up with the corruption, fed up with the lies and bullshit, and very unhappy with the long term economic consequences of a domestic economic system they never trusted in the first place.  

Their choice of leadership seems to boil down the usual EU favoured puppets who would ensure the pain of Austerity would see Greece in the mire for decades to come, a bunch of hardline nazi thugs who would make a right hash of things, or hard leftists as the only viable option in the form of Tsipras, who seems to have gained support for the temporary respite from the EU he has promised.  Either way, things don't look too good for them.

In terms of the wider Europe,  I see a gradual shift to the right coming in the form of conservatism, in the true sense of the word. How far it will go and how long it will be sustained depends on how the current issues facing Europeans are managed and to what extent the political left will respond to public concerns.

Time will tell, I suppose.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:19:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Seems like we both will be choosing between a punch in the face and a kick in the nads this election season. Pick your poison....
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Our problem is we don't vote for the PM, rather the party we want to lead the Country. The leader of the Country is chosen by the elected party faithful from those elected. We have a rough idea who that is/will be but it is not certain.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top