Link Posted: 1/27/2013 6:31:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#3]
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 5:12:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#4]

Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:

Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 1/28/2013 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the law states the minimum length is either a 30cm barrel or 60cm overall. But that there's confusion because the home office guidance to police says it must be both 30cm and 60cm.
I'd like to find more information on this if anyone can help
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Biscuts:
I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the law states the minimum length is either a 30cm barrel or 60cm overall. But that there's confusion because the home office guidance to police says it must be both 30cm and 60cm.

i looked at the Home Office Guidance 2002 and it says 'either' 'or' in there too.Apparently they are measured from the very edge of the flash hider to the very tip of the pistol grip, the same way that long-barreled pistols are measured .

Link Posted: 1/28/2013 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#7]
the reason they are measured the same way is that they are both rifles in the eyes of the law this whole LBR LBP is a red herring as if they were pistols or revolvers they would be banned!

the barrel must be a minimum of 30cm overall length a minimum of 60cm it's prety clear thats why the broken arsed revolvers have a coat hanger sticking out of the back.
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 4:12:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ACR26] [#8]
Originally Posted By britAK:

i looked at the Home Office Guidance 2002 and it says 'either' 'or' in there too.Apparently they are measured from the very edge of the flash hider to the very tip of the pistol grip, the same way that long-barreled pistols are measured .

Wrong.

Barrel length is barrel length pretty simple to measure, in your case plus hider if welded on.
OAL is from the fixed rear most point in your case the back of the receiver to the end of the barrel + in your case if the flash hider is perm welded that will count .

I think you need to put a fixed stock on that rifle PDQ !!

The 1997 Act prohibited any firearm which either has a barrel less than 30cm in length or is less than 60cm in length overall
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By ACR26:

Originally Posted By britAK:

Wrong.

Barrel length is barrel length pretty simple to measure, in your case plus hider if welded on.

OAL is from the fixed rear most point in your case the back of the receiver to the end of the barrel + in your case if the flash hider is perm welded that will count .

I think you need to put a fixed stock on that rifle PDQ !!

ACR26 is correct. Is your gun plumber a fisherman too?....may have used the wrong tape......on a more serious note you need to get it properly checked and sorted if needed, as you may be in possession of a S.5 Prohibited Firearm. If so, it must be put right by a S.5 Holding/authorised gunplumber. The offence, if present, is absolute in your case, as you as the owner are liable.
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:
I'm going to ask that any further issues be dealt with via IM, as I don't want to see anyone get into trouble.  

Ive checked with my FLO and its all legal.....can a mod clean up this thread please
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Just to satisfy my curiosity since you have now checked all is good, what it the overall length from flash hider to back of reciever? :)
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By rarms:
Just to satisfy my curiosity since you have now checked all is good, what it the overall length from flash hider to back of reciever? :)

Its 605mm from end of the flash hider to the rear of the receiver :)
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 6:47:33 AM EDT
[#16]

The folding stock on the 104 is now fixed to avoid sailing close to the wind so to speak :)
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#17]
590 project finally finished

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Just goes to show the age old adage is true...

You can't polish a turd...
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By DaddyPig:

Wasn't just me thinking that then !
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 3:49:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DaddyPig:

That is true, but you can sprinkle glitter on it :)
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#21]
It would be rather amusing to turn up with it on a driven game shoot, Del Boy style
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#22]
A couple of more conservative offerings for you folks...

and a

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#23]

What is the black dildo on that AR for?

Link Posted: 3/7/2013 2:12:38 AM EDT
[#24]
I was told it would impress the ladies
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 5:02:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Individual:

Originally Posted By ecophon:
A couple of more conservative offerings for you folks...

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn227/ecophon/20130221_112209_zpsdd1acaae.jpg

and a

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn227/ecophon/Spikes-2.jpg

What is the black dildo on that AR for?

Thats no way to talk about Ecophon especially when he isn't even in the photo with the AR!

Link Posted: 3/14/2013 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#26]

That looks like an assault shotgun, it has the shoulder thing that goes up. Your lucky you don't have Dianne Feinstein over there
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 8:29:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chrismetallica1] [#27]
Originally Posted By hellmann9655:

That looks like an assault shotgun, it has the shoulder thing that goes up. Your lucky you don't have Dianne Feinstein over there

Dianne Feinstein would have kittens if she saw my latest project. That woman hasn't got a clue saw her on US TV last week calling an AR15 semi-auto an assault rifle. Funny as the one she was holding wasn't select fire with an auto sear and more to the point had the mag in when she was waving it around like a toy!! Magazines must be called clips where she comes from as she didn't get anything right in her talk.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 6:24:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: America-first] [#28]
Originally Posted By chrismetallica1:
Originally Posted By hellmann9655:

Dianne Feinstein would have kittens if she saw my latest project. That woman hasn't got a clue saw her on US TV last week calling an AR15 semi-auto an assault rifle. Funny as the one she was holding wasn't select fire with an auto sear and more to the point had the mag in when she was waving it around like a toy!! Magazines must be called clips where she comes from as she didn't get anything right in her talk.

She and her gun ban legislation are toast.

But I wish someone would drop a house on her, or throw a bucket of water on her, anyway.

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 1:48:12 AM EDT
[#29]
I had no idea that you guys could get this kind of stuff in the U.K. glad to see it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#30]
WARNING - WOOD!

Picked up a few for my collection  Mosin Nagant M44, Schmidt Rubin K11 and a French MAS36. Cant wait to test them out  

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#31]
one of my toys for you to mock due to our silly laws :(

Link Posted: 6/18/2013 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#32]

7.62x54r loveliness :)
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DodgeRam1500:
I had no idea that you guys could get this kind of stuff in the U.K. glad to see it.
View Quote

Same here. I've never browsed here before.  I guess there are misconceptions on both side of the pond.

However I would bet theres some pretty strict " what you can do with them, how you can keep them  " type regulations.

Great to see you guys over there at least have some exposure to the finer stuff in shooting.

I saw some really nice target rifles that I would even love to have here!

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:07:51 AM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By r-2-k-b-a:
Same here. I've never browsed here before. I guess there are misconceptions on both side of the pond.

However I would bet theres some pretty strict " what you can do with them, how you can keep them " type regulations.

Great to see you guys over there at least have some exposure to the finer stuff in shooting.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By r-2-k-b-a:

Originally Posted By DodgeRam1500:

Same here. I've never browsed here before. I guess there are misconceptions on both side of the pond.

However I would bet theres some pretty strict " what you can do with them, how you can keep them " type regulations.

There is a sticky outlining the laws at the top of the UKHTF forum

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:46:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Took a while to track one of these down. Its a DOOZEY!!

Now I need to source a few HKS & SafariLand Speedloaders to keep it fed. Good news is it seems to work with the S&W686/S&W K-frame/Ruger GP100/Colt Python - so not spoilt for choice

Will be fettling the rearsight to accept a Burris Fastfire in the short-term...either by modifying a Weaver blank to fit, or milling a slot in the current rearsight (it has the Weaver profile but no slots)
Long term I will have the scope bracket blank/insert copied & will get a scope base made up as unable to find a genuine one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#36]
oooh a Metaba, interesting gun

the HKS speedloaders work ok and are cheap enough, I run my super redhawk with them.

what shooting you planning on doing with it? wonder what class that goes in, I assume its same for GRCF as the LR 9mm?

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By devon-tony:
oooh a Metaba, interesting gun

the HKS speedloaders work ok and are cheap enough, I run my super redhawk with them.

what shooting you planning on doing with it? wonder what class that goes in, I assume its same for GRCF as the LR 9mm?

View Quote

Hi Tony

As it's a standard S.1 carbine, then it will be in the same class as a lever action or any other Section 1 gun...plus folk can also legally have a try of it (there's a hell of a queue....I should sell tickets!!)

Will be using it for Gallery Rifle comps...& once I have a dot sight or scope on it it then may be good enough to get me onto the Scottish Team, as I know most of them from the clubs I shoot with.

VERY good fun - though only used it once as we were waiting for the new range being officially opened - which took place on Sept 1st.
I'll be giving it a proper test on Sunday at the next club shoot
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#38]
You won't be in the same class as lever action rifles...

You'll be in 'Open' class...
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:02:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Saddler:
Took a while to track one of these down. Its a DOOZEY!!

Now I need to source a few HKS & SafariLand Speedloaders to keep it fed. Good news is it seems to work with the S&W686/S&W K-frame/Ruger GP100/Colt Python - so not spoilt for choice

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l151/Moore_Leather/Mateba%20Grifone/LPIC2475_zpse3088795.jpg

Will be fettling the rearsight to accept a Burris Fastfire in the short-term...either by modifying a Weaver blank to fit, or milling a slot in the current rearsight (it has the Weaver profile but no slots)
Long term I will have the scope bracket blank/insert copied & will get a scope base made up as unable to find a genuine one.
View Quote

Very nice.

One of those showed up on an auction here a while back. Unfortunately it wasn't possible for me to buy it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Was it in the Widforrs auction or another one?

Missed the sale earlier this year as a mate from university was getting married on the same weekend & the idiots at the SolnaHallen had double booked the regular Militariamassen slot so it was brought forward by a couple of weeks - bit of a balls up all round from the feedback I had from other traders!

HOPE to attend the next show in Solna in November - just a case of getting lucky with the flights, etc.

WHEN I have sorted out some shooting with some of my Swedish mates I will get the Mateba added to the EFP & bring it over...maybe take my M1903A4 too; plus I want to let my FSR M96 Husqvarna have a little time on home soil as well...I'm a big fan of the Swedish Mausers and the associated Frivilliga Skytterorelsen. I must have most of the FSR books plus a few local shooting club books and pamphlets too as I tend to wander the streets in Stockholm looking for antique bookshops!
Yes, I am beyond hope....

May be next year before I can have a shooting trip though, as SWMBO wants to attend the Svenska Marsvins Foreningen show in Eskilstuna, so we may get the ferry & drive over (too long a trip compared to the 2 hour flight I currently have to take from Edinburgh)
May visit a mate in Tingsryd on the way up as he has some bulky items of mine that are too awkward to be posted
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 7:02:28 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah, it was the Widforss one. I wanted it so badly.

Missed the sale earlier this year as a mate from university was getting married on the same weekend & the idiots at the SolnaHallen had double booked the regular Militariamassen slot so it was brought forward by a couple of weeks - bit of a balls up all round from the feedback I had from other traders!

HOPE to attend the next show in Solna in November - just a case of getting lucky with the flights, etc.

WHEN I have sorted out some shooting with some of my Swedish mates I will get the Mateba added to the EFP & bring it over...maybe take my M1903A4 too; plus I want to let my FSR M96 Husqvarna have a little time on home soil as well...I'm a big fan of the Swedish Mausers and the associated Frivilliga Skytterorelsen. I must have most of the FSR books plus a few local shooting club books and pamphlets too as I tend to wander the streets in Stockholm looking for antique bookshops!
Yes, I am beyond hope....

May be next year before I can have a shooting trip though, as SWMBO wants to attend the Svenska Marsvins Foreningen show in Eskilstuna, so we may get the ferry & drive over (too long a trip compared to the 2 hour flight I currently have to take from Edinburgh)
May visit a mate in Tingsryd on the way up as he has some bulky items of mine that are too awkward to be posted

Cool.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#43]
My re-barrelled Bradley Arms for the 2013 / 2014 CSR winter league.

Before you ask, cocking handle is on the other side, I shoot from the left shoulder.
Link Posted: 9/28/2013 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#45]

CMMG Mk4 Evo with A-Tec CMM4 Mod.
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Just picked this M100 up for the collection. Its ugly but an interesting rifle

Link Posted: 10/7/2013 6:36:32 AM EDT
[#48]
My .308 Tigr / Dragunov

And the latest toy - Vepr 12 - not keeping the scope - will be replaced by a ghost ring set up.

Link Posted: 10/7/2013 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#49]
How do you like the Vepr, I looked at them and went with the MKA in the end.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Steveuk:
How do you like the Vepr, I looked at them and went with the MKA in the end.
View Quote

Will tell you once I get the ghost ring on it and try it out.

I am not sure its worth the rrp but I was lucky in that I got it for 40% of rrrp
Page / 44
UK Picture Thread (Page 42 of 44)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top