Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 7:55:38 PM EDT
Ok, I am wondering I saw in an advertisement a long time ago a very long  12" barreled S&W 629. I thought it was supposed to be for England as there are some weird barrel length laws? I called Smith & Wesson and they assured me that nothing like that was ever made! What can you guys tell me? Can you even own them now?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:18:06 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as it has a 12" barrel and an over all length of 24" then we can own it. This means a revolver/.22 semi pistol would need to have a 12" barrel and usually an arm brace at the back to give it the 24" total.

We are not allowed any Semi autos unless it is in .22lr

We can have pretty much an rifle we want as long as we can provide a reason for owning it (i.e. target shooting, vermin shooting etc..)

It is a bit more complicated than that but essentially that is it I think.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#2]
And no restrictions on supressors.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:34:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
As long as it has a 12" barrel and an over all length of 24" then we can own it. This means a revolver/.22 semi pistol would need to have a 12" barrel and usually an arm brace at the back to give it the 24" total.

We can have pretty much an rifle we want as long as we can provide a reason for owning it (i.e. target shooting, vermin shooting etc..)

So is the stock for the revolver perminatly attached to the gun? I don't know why, but I think a 12" barrel 629 would be pretty cool looking.  I wonder why S&W told me that they did not make any of them? I've been to London three times and only found one custon shotgun maker. All he had was chunks of wood raw forged receivers and barrels. Prices were very high. As a contrast when I went to Prague went into a gun store and they had just about anything you could want cash and carry!

Oh, I forgot, can you keep your guns at your house?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is the stock for the revolver perminatly attached to the gun? I don't know why, but I think a 12" barrel 629 would be pretty cool looking.  I wonder why S&W told me that they did not make any of them? I've been to London three times and only found one custon shotgun maker. All he had was chunks of wood raw forged receivers and barrels. Prices were very high. As a contrast when I went to Prague went into a gun store and they had just about anything you could want cash and carry!

Oh, I forgot, can you keep your guns at your house?

The revolvers we have here were made by Ruger (Redhawk) and then Taurus.  The Taurus wrist brace extension is permanently pinned to the frame of the pistol and looks like a bent coathanger....

We keep our guns at home too.

Cheers
Steven
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top