Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 6:45:13 AM EDT
......... the Tufnut media from the primer pockets of 2500 freshly polished .44 cases........

There must be a gadget that can do this for you?  

It's not every one mind you, but about 1 in 7 have a large grain of media jammed .......

Any ideas? Sensible answers only on a postcard please to the usual address....
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:59:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I use one of the Dillon media seperators. (big tumbling cage sort) That gets 99% of the bits out of the primer pockets...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:06:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmm, I suppose the cases being bashed against each other might dislodge some of the more stubborn bits........ Will have a look at the Dillon gadget via Google....
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:15:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:20:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Cheers, think I missed that on Big Blue Press.......... Will make a couple of calls tomorrrow and see what I can find...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Its really annoying isnt it .....I use a needle on mine, but its still a pain the arse...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Run them through a de-capping only die, before you load
(For those with a dillon progressive)
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Run them through a de-capping only die, before you load
(For those with a dillon progressive)

Cheers Paul,

Have just set up my 650 and had never considered that until an IM arrived this afternoon....

I thought that a second shipping order from Dillon could have been avoided, but you live and learn...

The procedure now appears (for .44 only I might add):  De-prime and resize, tumble / polish, de-prime a second time then:

a. Hand prime and reload

or

b. Press prime and reload

The above (a) & (b) options are not set in stone as I haven't decided which to use yet...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top