Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 6:18:40 AM EDT
What are the tach latches like for conventional charging of an AR. My old speedmaster was brilliant with the right hand side charger. Just want some input as i had never tried the other way.
Can't get my head round what is best for a leftie, Especially as i want to shoot some comps when i get my new rifle.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:28:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Good,

They allow me to operate the AR from the weak shoulder, with no problem.

If you attend a shoot you could have a go and see what you think..........

However, I am sure one of the gunsmiths here could do you a more robust option if required

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:08:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:23:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good,

They allow me to operate the AR from the weak shoulder, with no problem.

If you attend a shoot you could have a go and see what you think..........

However, I am sure one of the gunsmiths here could do you a more robust option if required

We have 'gunsmiths' here?..

Not as many as before
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:49:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Any more opinions???
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:03:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I use a badger tac-latch and as I am right handed, it's fine for my normal shooting which is hunting and slow fire target shooting.
However, when time is upon you, a right hand charging handle is way better for us people with normal dextrous abilities.

That said, I love my tac-latch, my current rifle isnt designed to be a high speed shooting device, so it's perfect.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:11:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Matty I'm in just the same boat myself, the ambi cocking on the Speedmaster is great, particularly the left hand cocking when using the bipod (assuming you're right handed)

I'm still not convinced about the tac-latch being as fast.

What else is out there?

Richard
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#7]
A move to Germany or France would be handy Richard!  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:08:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Or Texas
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:23:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Or Texas

Can you imagine walking into a gun shop in Texas with your firearms certificate and buying a fully tricked Semi and full auto AR?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:48:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Does the written word exist in Texas?

I thought one simply rounded up the cattle and bartered

Richard
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#11]
actually you have to have the federal government/FBI do a background check on you prior to purchasing any firearms at all unless you have a concealed handgun permit or something that required a similiar criminal background check.  full auto firearms are too expensive and waste ammo.  now i like ar15's and have 6 of them.  but i got a curio and relic firearms collector license and have started collecting old firearms.  yesterday i got a really good deal on a rearsenalled all matching russian sks.  $140.00 total price.  too bad your government hosed you gentlemen on your firearms ownership because of what some criminals had done.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Does the written word exist in Texas?

I thought one simply rounded up the cattle and bartered

Richard

Can you say "Stump Broke"...

In Texan, it means...Stand on a stump and the cattle will back up to your "Johnson"

It's OK to make fun of Texans....I'm a former one I now  Live in Arizona...only have to worry about the sheep

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:58:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:06:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Diemaco ambi tac latch:

diemaco.com/Accessory%20Images/comp-taccharhandle.gif

At last...Back on track!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top