User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a lovely picture of one of Fat Bobs lowers that has cracked in half....
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Just don't take the pistol grip off a FB lower, looks like swiss cheese under there!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just don't take the pistol grip off a FB lower, looks like swiss cheese under there!

I've looked at Fat Bobs lowers and It looks suspiciously like he does not even use a pressure die casting, just a gravity die cast one... that's a recipe for poor mechanical strength due to lots of gas porosity and inclusions.

Andy...
check out the big cheese on metalurgy......
I remember studying all this shit during my apprenteship.

bollox to the pressure casting and gravity....gimmi forged....

Carbon Taffy
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#7]

there are a few bit of MoD property flying around crafted by my sweating brow...

You are not telling me you guys are still flying Sopwith Camels?

Taffy
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

(Just stay away from Chinooks and Sea Kings)

ANdy

Hey!  watch it  !!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:04:03 AM EDT
[#12]
The correct colour scheme!

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:16:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:18:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Filthy..... What is becoming of the forces these days.....

ETA: New sig line from Blackadder..... Nice one.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:27:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:44:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Your 'pen name' memoirs ANdy............?

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:34:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:35:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:31:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Of course, many asked where the Navy was!  Officialdom said that it was a holiday weekend and there were difficulties as the city was a long way from any naval unit.  But this does not mean that the Royal Navy is not interested in recruiting from the gay community.

Last November, the “Senior Service” placed a recruiting advertisement in Fyne Times, the South West regional gay monthly, before “rolling-out’ the campaign nationally in the gay press.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:34:59 AM EDT
[#20]
A Crab Air Radar crewman wondering why the 'telly' won't show Home and Away

Actually, he is more into Hollyoaks!    
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'm thinking of getting a 22LR AR-a-like at some point.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a UK source for a V22 - Southern Gun is the only one I know of at the moment.

I have a V22, tricked up to the max, carry handle, trijicon,flash hider,laser, two 25 round mags. All in all over a grands worth

Looks the bollocks but shoots no better than a £200 off the shelf 10/22

In fact, f**k it if you fancy it IM me and I'll sell it to you, your licence etc permitting (obviously)

Stu

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm thinking of getting a 22LR AR-a-like at some point.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a UK source for a V22 - Southern Gun is the only one I know of at the moment.

I have a V22, tricked up to the max, carry handle, trijicon,flash hider,laser, two 25 round mags. All in all over a grands worth

Looks the bollocks but shoots no better than a £200 off the shelf 10/22

In fact, f**k it if you fancy it IM me and I'll sell it to you, your licence etc permitting (obviously)

Stu

sounds uber tactical piccies needed
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sounds uber tactical piccies needed

www.laserskirmish.com/images/m16_river1.jpg

What in gods name is he carrying ? ? ? ? ?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#27]
That's as funny as f**k that is

You - what are you ? some sort of MoD REMF desk jockey ?

So you have owned one Bremmer and therefore know everything there is to know about rimfire AR-15's ? I don't f***ing think so.

I build toy ( .22lr ) AR-15's, quite nice ones, but I don't pretend to be a part of the UK military and a fount of knowledge on .22lr conversions like you do. I know that you pen-pushers don't really understand 'humility' but the word is available in a dictionary near you.

Dave likes to plug my gunsmithing services because he's gay, due to hanging around with Royal Marines. I think he fancies me, but I so far have refused his invitations to queer Marine pugil-stick parties.

The UK AR-15 shooting community has welcomed me with a resounding 'bugger off' - I don't know why but I have my suspicions.
That's cool, I'm not all that interested in your private little world which involves going to bloody Bisley and shooting at bits of paper with crippled assault rifles.

I'm not going to try and take business off the established players ( who make my lousy delivery times look rapid ). My granny could put a centrefire AR-15 together. It's Kwikfit stuff. I'll leave that to the experts.

I don't understand what you Highpower and Practical people do, I don't understand why you do it and for every one of you who wants to play at soldiers there are 5 more people who would like a cool looking .22lr AR-15 for club shooting at 25 yards. I don't understand them either, but they help pay my mortgage.

HSLD ( Sid )

Congratulations for getting me to post on here by the way, I had sworn never to do so again.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
My granny could put a centrefire AR-15 together. It's Kwikfit stuff. I'll leave that to the experts.

I don't understand what you Highpower and Practical people do, I don't understand why you do it and for every one of you who wants to play at soldiers there are 5 more people who would like a cool looking .22lr AR-15 for club shooting at 25 yards. I don't understand them either, but they help pay my mortgage.

HSLD ( Sid )

Congratulations for getting me to post on here by the way, I had sworn never to do so again.

Granny or my 14 year old son......he just put together another tonight.  He is also building an AK and so are his younger sisters.  I can see how a .22 AR could be a real pain.

As for the differences in shooters, you are right.  I don't understand them all either, but whatever floats your boat.

You guys need to go shoot some and down a pint afterwards....

SRM
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:36:44 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I'll make you a deal, you stop making posts like this and I won't keep you from posting here anymore. If you decide to stop posting here again, then I guess we won't have a problem.

Ok pilgrim, get off your horse and drink your milk

I see Vito has run away to tell a teacher that he's being picked on. He started it.

I've had my say and have nothing to add, so delete my account or challenge me to a gunfight at High Noon   See if I care
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:10:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Choose your weapons Gentlemen....

Taffy
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:11:36 AM EDT
[#33]
I guess he got out of the wrong side of bed !
Strange fella ranting and raving about members of the shooting fraternity...SOME WHO HE HAS NEVER EVEN MET BEFORE...Weirdo!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:22:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:03:07 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:34:32 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
That's as funny as f**k that is

You - what are you ? some sort of MoD REMF desk jockey ?

So you have owned one Bremmer and therefore know everything there is to know about rimfire AR-15's ? I don't f***ing think so.

I build toy ( .22lr ) AR-15's, quite nice ones, but I don't pretend to be a part of the UK military and a fount of knowledge on .22lr conversions like you do. I know that you pen-pushers don't really understand 'humility' but the word is available in a dictionary near you.

Dave likes to plug my gunsmithing services because he's gay, due to hanging around with Royal Marines. I think he fancies me, but I so far have refused his invitations to queer Marine pugil-stick parties.

The UK AR-15 shooting community has welcomed me with a resounding 'bugger off' - I don't know why but I have my suspicions.
That's cool, I'm not all that interested in your private little world which involves going to bloody Bisley and shooting at bits of paper with crippled assault rifles.

I'm not going to try and take business off the established players ( who make my lousy delivery times look rapid ). My granny could put a centrefire AR-15 together. It's Kwikfit stuff. I'll leave that to the experts.

HSLD ( Sid )

However Gerald Ratner made possibly the most famous gaffe in 20th century British business when he explained to a major business conference that the reason why one of his products was so cheap was that it was "total crap". This was gleefully reported by the media, and consumers avoided the shops. Nearly 300 stores were closed between January 1992 and May 1994 as the group went through a financial crisis.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#38]

I'm pretty much in the dark over all this....

But it's a great spectator sport

Taffy

I'm on "my" side
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top