[#1]
Got a link?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Say again !
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:41:40 PM EDT
[#3]
eh?

Don't read the comics so have no idea what you are on about...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you mean the R22 review ?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:37:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw the article...it really is a nice looking piece of engineering!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:42:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Re: R22 = Word on the street is that they aren't all they are cracked up to be, whats your opinion Matt?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:23:22 AM EDT
[#8]
What street's that then?
'Cause the ones I've seen run perfectly well
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:31:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I want to see the MP5 clone.....
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:04:45 AM EDT
[#10]
General word, from several sources is that they aren't quite as well made as everyone thought they would be, I didnt say anything about running well.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#11]
The biggest problem with the rifle is the poor stock. It is a bit flimsy. You couldn't butt-whip a perp without it breaking, but apart from that it is pretty good stuff on the whole.

There are a few minor niggles, like no bolt hold-open device for instance, but I can live with that (and I've even been thinking of a mod for that - there's plenty of 'meat' around the lower receiver to work something in).

I haven't had much chance to play with mine yet, it's been at all the magazines and when I do get it to the range there's always enough people around to test it for me. I doubt I've even put 200 rounds through it myself, but the rifle has had more than 2000 that I've been there for, and maybe as much when I haven't.

The other Matt who posts on here (UK_matt I think) had a play and wants one ASAP, as does his mate, and Graham who reviewed it for GunMart bought one there and then. So if after playing with them they still want one, then it can't be all bad.

Matt
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Yup my self and a friend whos doesnt post on here are after both one (whats the latest he
I had 3 different types of ammo on me 100 CCI mini-mags (hollow points), 100Winchester T22s and 50 Winchester Super X subsonics (hollow points). The CCI mini-mags functioned without fail. The Winchester T22 functioned nearly perfectly well, the problems I had were that the bolt came back too quick and caught the shell before it had fully extracted and one round that had to be fired twice (bad primer as the strike was good). The Winchester Super X subsonics again were almost perfect through the rifle, the problems were two stove pipes of unknown origin.

the stock seems to have been mentioned as a weak point, not something you knotice whilst shooting it though, some on the US/Canadian forums have commented on filling it with low/medium expanding foam to make it more solid. Although from reading on here and on Rhinelands website it can now come with a bracket to allow you to add a G3 stock (which you have to source yourself)  What Matts importing i dont know though, (i guess you can ask him through pm).

The rifle as a whole though felt solid and well built (from what i could tell during the time i got to shoot it).

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#14]
accuracy wise, see here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=11&t=193430

Matt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top