Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:38:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Oooops oh yes, Over there!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm on episode six of "over there"
Seems pretty good so far, I'll probably watch the rest tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Taffy
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's what I posted in the other thread....

OK
I've now watched all the "over there" episodes.(torrents rock)
And.. well.. I was entertained. Good thought provoking storylines and well filmed scenes.
There were many "edge of the seat" scenes where you knew something bad was gonna happen and you just had to wait till it hit you....and hit you with the cold hard reality of it all.

I have to admit I do enjoy War movies and WW2 along with Vietnam films do make realy great action entertainment topics.

However.....

If I were a member of the family of an Allied Soldier serving in Iraq(et all)
I would find it pretty hard to see this as entertaining. Being somewhat removed from the emotions of family ties with this conflict I found it entertaining.

While my father was in the Falklands I'd have found it absurd to see a drama series shown on TV about the conflict as it was happening. Today...many years later it would not be seen as a big deal.

I suppose timing has a lot to do with it.

Just my thoughts

Cheers

Taffy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top