Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 8:35:17 AM EDT
Hey all - I need some help, and I figured you guys might know this.
My father is a big fan of the that period of history when British Empire ruled the world.
I got him a lance set and pennant, and I would like to assemble it properly into a guidon - I don't know if that is what you boys call it.

Regiment is the 17/21 Lancers

My question is - what material should be used for the staff/pole?
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:03:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Hiya,

I don't really know, but the 17th 21st is the skull & cross bones gang, When you are through putting thing's together please post some piccy's.

Thank's.

Tony
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Her's a good link to the regiment's history.

www.regiments.org/regiments/uk/cav/D17-21L.htm#history

I'll keep looking for the relevant info you want.

Matt
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry that I sort of short changed you, I have since posted your question on my Regimental forum to see if my mate's can help with an answer, you can go here to enjoy the slagging off that I get, or even get a usefull answer.

Tony
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks a lot guys!
I really appreciate it - I will be sure to post some pics for you all when I finish it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:39:59 AM EDT
[#5]
My mate Paul of Barnsley, has suggested ''Yew'', failing that, check the Imperial War Museum's webpage.

Here's the link

Tony
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top