Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:05:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry mate, i must have missed something on this forum being a 'new member'

is the forum just for 'switched on' shooters of for all shooters who pay homeage to the black rifle, me thinks you may have pissed off some people with that comment.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:16:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Me, or Streetfighter? Or both of us?

It's all a big piss take here, don't take a single word we say to heart, have you not noticed that we can't stay on topic ever, and most posts are us taking the piss out of each other?

You will have noticed that out of the three main black rifle suppliers in the UK, we have one who posts here, whom we all know and get on with. So SGC tends to take a back seat in discussions regarding purchasing .

Maybe if he got himself on here and joined in......

Dave
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:47:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget the cricket on Thursday...Come on Freddie......What was that you were saying about staying on topic?
Ps Fat Bob i salute you and will be your bitch any day
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:05:03 AM EDT
[#4]
that Matty will do anything for some overpriced black uber tactical gear!!!

James
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#5]
AAAAAANnNYYYway, This was my topic so i'll go off on a tangent and tell you about the first outdoor shoot of the new rifle.

The morning started out very iffy, i woke up in a strange house with a very big hangover, after watching the mighty ENGLAND beat down those welsh people
After a sausage buttie and a cup of industrial stregnth coffee i headed out to altcar with new toy  and various types of ammo.
We were on the 200yrd I range ( which was good because i didnt want to have my first shoot at 500yds or worse) Anyway after removing the crowd from around my stunning new baby i got up there and tried various types of ammo ( couldnt get the 7.62 to fit though ).
I found PMC to be the best the dodgy russian stuff wasnt to bad to my supprise, the radway was stiff to eject and being a hungover tard and letting someone talk me into trying there home loads i spent 10mins with a live round jammed in the breech ( took the upper off and eased it open ! ) problem solved !
Question time :-

What type of groups do you chaps get from the factory stuff ?

What do you guys find shoots well out of your ar's and do you think loading my own will improve the groups i'm getting ?

Cheers for reading.

Steve

P.S. To drunk to remember the camera, pics next time.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Steve i know it's more expensive than reloading but i buy in bulk the 62g American eagle, This ammo is really AR friendly and my Speedmaster ejects with unbelievable ease and the buggers are pretty accurate also, Get some and see for yourself chap!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#7]
agree with that 62g american eagle goes great in the m4gery. Anything out to 600yds if the winds not mucking about.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Steve i know it's more expensive than reloading but i buy in bulk the 62g American eagle, This ammo is really AR friendly and my Speedmaster ejects with unbelievable ease and the buggers are pretty accurate also, Get some and see for yourself chap!

Wadda you do with your empties if you are not reloading?

I just finished yesterday reloading 50rounds of SMK 69gr to try one day this week. If they work as well as the 52's did or better I'll probly stick with this combination. And now I have about 400  cases by the same manufacturer I'm good to go.

What caused that reload to jam in your chamber?

Cheers

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What caused that reload to jam in your chamber?
Taffy

Cartridge headspace problem.

Lemme guess, you tried one of your "friends" reloads and it wouldn't chamber correctly, Yes??
In fact the bolt wouldn't even go all the way into battery. Correct??
And you couldn't get the unfired round out of it. Am I right???
Then you had to disassemble the upper and lever the live round out. Sound familiar????

Your mate hasn't screwed his sizing die down far enough and therefore he isn't resizing his cases enough.
The distance between the case head and the shoulder is too long (it's only marginal, 1 or 2 thou).
The bolt lugs just start to turn but the cartirdge case is oversize, causing a total lock-up.

When you size your cases, you should have about 1-3 thou cartridge headspace clearance.

Mark
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sorry mate, i must have missed something on this forum being a 'new member'

is the forum just for 'switched on' shooters of for all shooters who pay homeage to the black rifle, me thinks you may have pissed off some people with that comment.

Glad to see you've calmed down now after your wobbly this morning.
I think you'll fit in just nicely here.
No-one takes anything too seriously here, it's all a major piss-take.

Regarding the Internet...when someone posts anything, and I mean anything......it can be the most abusive insult ever, but if it's followed by one of these , that means it is all in jest.

And I look forward to taking the piss from you even more in the future
Feel free to do likewise

Mark
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:13:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey Mark
Get a good pic of this "Fat Bob"bloke  (is this the guy from SGC)
And we'll do a photoshop competition

Taffy da Firebrand

Taffy, it's impossible.
No-ones ever seen Fat Bob, ever.
He's just a myth, a voice on the telephone. A bit like Bosley in Charlies Angels, or Capt. Mainwaring's wife, Or Robin Master's in Magnum

Actually, I think I will try and get a pic of the "Beast of Bodmin" one of these days.

Maybe rbecks can get one. After all, he is "close" to him you know

Mark
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:03:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Lemme guess, you tried one of your "friends" reloads and it wouldn't chamber correctly, Yes??
Then you had to disassemble the upper and lever the live round out. Sound familiar????

Your mate hasn't screwed his sizing die down far enough and therefore he isn't resizing his cases enough.
The distance between the case head and the shoulder is too long (it's only marginal, 1 or 2 thou).
The bolt lugs just start to turn but the cartirdge case is oversize, causing a total lock-up.

When you size your cases, you should have about 1-3 thou cartridge headspace clearance.

Mark

Well FOOK me, you must av been there, exactly how it happened but he went on to fire this and all his other rounds through his speedmaster, is that possible ? wouldnt they be very similar inside ?

Steve
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Oh by the way old chap !

When you say expensive, what are we talkin £££ ?

Steve.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Mark

Well FOOK me, you must av been there, exactly how it happened but he went on to fire this and all his other rounds through his speedmaster, is that possible ? wouldnt they be very similar inside ?

Steve

So his rifle has slightly more generous headspace than yours. That's down to Fat Bob and his reamer/headspace control

Mark
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Cheers Mark, all very helpful stuff

Steve
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Whaddya buy that for???
It's F**king Sh*t

Actually it's not that bad...oh wait a minute...it is that bad.
Accuracy is abysmal in my opinion, but it's probably one of the better factory .223 rounds, which doesn't really say a lot for factory grade .223 ammo.
But you get what you pay for.
If you really do want top quality factory grade ammo then you have to buy Federal Gold Medal Match ammo.
It's expensive though.
But remember, every time you shoot manufactured ammo and don't reload, you're throwing away 15 pence worth of case which you should be reusing.

How much do you pay for AE .223?? £25/100??

I can reload top quality 223 with 77gn Sierra's for a lot less than that

Mark

Mark
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Mark
And we'll do a photoshop competitionhr

Taffy, it's impossible.
He's just a myth, a voice on the telephone. A bit like Bosley in Charlies Angels, or Capt. Mainwaring's wife, Or Robin Master's in Magnum hink
Maybe rbecks can get one. After all, he is "close" to him you know hr

Nope, never seen him either.
Yeti, Sasquatch,Bodmin Bob - is there a pattern emerging here?
Wasn't it Charlie that we didn't see in the Angels, bosley was the uglyfucker with the blond hair.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Actually, I think I will try and get a pic of the "Beast of Bodmin" one of these days.

Mark

Wide-angle lens needed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Me, or Streetfighter? Or both of us?

It's all a big piss take here, don't take a single word we say to heart, have you not noticed that we can't stay on topic ever, and most posts are us taking the piss out of each other?

You will have noticed that out of the three main black rifle suppliers in the UK, we have one who posts here, whom we all know and get on with. So SGC tends to take a back seat in discussions regarding purchasing .

Maybe if he got himself on here and joined in......

Dave

Dave,

Bob does make a good rifle though - eventually.
I've used his parts in the past and will do again if needs be, and I believe Sabre have helped him out and vice-versa.  Most of these AR parts are interchangeable, the only thing that makes a difference is the service.

Now if you'll all f*** off and stop ringing me to complain, I'll be able to get me tea.

Matt
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Mark
And we'll do a photoshop competition

Taffy da Firebrand

Taffy, it's impossible.
He's just a myth, a voice on the telephone. A bit like Bosley in Charlies Angels, or Capt. Mainwaring's wife, Or Robin Master's in Magnum

Maybe rbecks can get one. After all, he is "close" to him you know

Mark

Nope, never seen him either.
Yeti, Sasquatch,Bodmin Bob - is there a pattern emerging here?
Wasn't it Charlie that we didn't see in the Angels, bosley was the uglyfucker with the blond hair.

Oh fuck me....you're right
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Just to prove that he is not just a myth follow the link and there is a picture of "Fat Bob"

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=www.clubdesmonstres.com/jabba.jpg&imgrefurl=www.clubdesmonstres.com/jabba.htm&h=250&w=208&sz=16&tbnid=Ih92J3IGnDcJ:&tbnh=106&tbnw=88&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djabba%2Bthe%2Bhut%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D&oi=imagesr&start=2

(Okay copy it into your browser)

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:04:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Fixed the link for you Pep

LINK
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I did...."not found"

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#25]
This what yer lookin' for?

Bob
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:21:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Got loads of empty brass if anybody wants some.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:22:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Also my AE 62g costs around £65 for 200 i believe.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:44:13 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
This what yer lookin' for?

Bob

Now come to think of it I do recognise that fella

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Also my AE 62g costs around £65 for 200 i believe.

OUCH!!!

Get yourself a reloading press ASAP!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Eeeeeh i can't be bothered with all that reloading malarky!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top