Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2017 7:53:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: greentip]
Going to Rome this year.  I had good luck finding interesting military surplus type stores in Switzerland and France (Paris even).  In fact, I found a really nice tactical&high-end knife store in Paris (though very expensive).

Wondering if anyone has recommendations for stores like this in the Rome area??
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By greentip:
Going to Rome this year.  I had good luck finding interesting military surplus type stores in Switzerland and France (Paris even).  In fact, I found a really nice tactical&high-end knife store in Paris (though very expensive).

Wondering if anyone has recommendations for stores like this in the Rome area??
View Quote

Hey man,
there are some very good guns and knives shops in Rome. What are you looking for? If you describe which items you're interested in maybe I can be more accurate with the right shops. Are you staying in Rome only or travelling somewhere else in Italy?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Honorthevets:

Hey man,
there are some very good guns and knives shops in Rome. What are you looking for? If you describe which items you're interested in maybe I can be more accurate with the right shops. Are you staying in Rome only or travelling somewhere else in Italy?
View Quote
Hey thanks for the reply!  I am staying only in Rome and flying in/out of Leonardo da Vinci airport.  I am interested in any tactical knives, interesting gun shops, military surplus (cool stuff, not just BDU's and canteens :-)
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Hey thanks for the reply!  I am staying only in Rome and flying in/out of Leonardo da Vinci airport.  I am interested in any tactical knives, interesting gun shops, military surplus (cool stuff, not just BDU's and canteens :-)
View Quote
Understood. One of the best gun and knives shop in Rome is Armeria Frinchillucci. I live in northern Italy but I know them because they are well known here and they have a good shop online. The address is: Via Barberini, 31, Rome. It's near the city center and piazza di Spagna. You shouldn't have problems to find it. Remember that in Italy to enter a gun store you have to ring a bell outside the shop. This is for safety like jewelries. So don't be concearned if you find the door closed. Remember also that in August in Italy many shops are closed for summer holidays (mainly the week fo the 15th).
If you need something else PM me. It's a pity that you cannot have a trip through Italy there are many others iteresting gun related shops here. During your next trip we should have an international arfcom meeting and go shooting.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:23:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for the post!  I will check out this store.  Thanks for the tip about August, I will be there later in the year so it should work out OK.

Would love to do an international meetup.  Hopefully I will get another opportunity to be in Italy in the future.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:38:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for the post!  I will check out this store.  Thanks for the tip about August, I will be there later in the year so it should work out OK.

Would love to do an international meetup.  Hopefully I will get another opportunity to be in Italy in the future.
View Quote
Have a nice trip
Let me know if you enjoyed Rome when you'll come back.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Just wanted to bump this back to the top to see if there were any other recommendations.  I will check out Frinchillucci.

These came up in a search:  

Armeria Dragoni (looks very small)
Armeria Zaccherini
Rosati Armi Di Rosati Giuliano (looks nice but a bit out of the way)
Shooter Store (Also far)

Will I have any luck communicating at any of these places given that I unfortunately speak no Italian?

Just wondering... Is there any chance of finding any SPAS-12 parts in Rome??
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Hi Greentip,
I thought you already had your trip to Italy.
I checked out the websites of the guns shops you listed. Honestly I don't know any of them, I live too far from Rome and I've never had the chance to go and visit them. I think that if you have the possibility to have a look you must do it. Every guns shop can have something interesting in stock. Looking at the websites I think that maybe Dragone could be the more tactical oriented between the two you said are the nearest.
Talking about Spas-12 parts, what are you looking for? In my opinion it's difficult to find something in stock directly in a gun shop. Franchi is here in Italy so gun shop owners often order parts directly from the manifacturer. If you are  looking for some parts I can try to find them for you through my local gun shop and deliver them to your hotel in Rome. I give you another advice: the best gun shops in Italy are often located in northern Italy (where we have the greater part of guns manufacturers) and Tuscany. Tuscany is not far from Rome but honestly I don't know if you are going to rent a car here or not.
O.T. Did you receive my pm about swithcblades? I ask you because I never understand if my messages reach the recipient or not
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Hello!

I did get a chance to go to the shop you recommended and it was very good (thank you!).  I did find some English spoken there.

I did not have a chance to get to any of the other shops, but hopefully I will get to go back to Italy in the future.

I will answer other questions in PM

Thanks again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top