Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2016 4:09:51 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I am in the process of renting a car from a company called ATET in Slovenia for June.  They want me to email scans of my Flight Info, Passport, and US Driver's License.  I am wondering if this is normal?  I am OCD about identity theft.  Oddly enough, they did not want to hold my reservation with a credit card.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#1]
well, I'm not sure how that Slovenian company does it, but when I rented a car in France a couple years ago (through Europcar), I definitely didn't need to do that. The reservation is held with the credit card. The passport and DL stuff they checked at the counter when I arrived
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:19:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: greentip] [#2]
I don't have much advice here but Slovenia has Hertz and I had good experience with them, very friendly.  Are you going back any time soon? I have a short trip planned later this year and am interested in exploring
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 3:14:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh I know I am months late, but I ended up using ATET in Slovenia.  We ended up with a very nice Audi 4 (or 3).  No issues, good service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top