Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like damned near everything is essential.
View Quote

apparently the only ones on hold are school teachers, bar tenders and strippers.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm now considered essential.
this goes till 4/10
damn.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Businesses deemed essential that may remain open are:

Health care operations including hospitals, walk-in-care health facilities, emergency veterinary and livestock services, pharmacies, medical wholesale and distribution, home health care workers or aides for the elderly, emergency dental facilities, nursing homes, residential health care facilities, research facilities, congregate care facilities, intermediate care facilities for those with intellectual or developmental disabilities, supportive living homes, home health care providers, and medical supplies and equipment manufacturers and providers;
Homeless shelters, food banks, and other services providing care to indigent or needy populations;
Childcare facilities necessary to provide services to those workers employed by essential businesses and essential non-profit entities;
Grocery stores, all food and beverage stores, supermarkets, food banks, farmers’ markets and vendors who sell food, convenience stores, and other businesses that generate the majority of their revenue from the sale of canned food, dry goods, fresh fruits and vegetables, pet food, feed, and other animal supply stores, fresh meats, fish, and poultry, and any other household consumer products;
Farms, ranches, and other food cultivation, processing, or packaging operations;
All facilities used by law enforcement personnel, first responders, firefighters, emergency management personnel, dispatch operators, and court personnel.
Infrastructure operations including, but not limited to, public works construction; commercial and residential facility construction and maintenance; airport operations; public transportation; airlines; taxis; private transportation providers; water, sewer, trash and recycling collection, processing and disposal; gas; electrical; oil drilling; oil refining; natural resources extraction or mining operations; nuclear material research and enrichment; those attendant to the repair and construction of roads and highways; solid waste collection and removal; processing and disposal; data and internet providers; data centers; and telecommunications systems;
Manufacturing operations involved in food processing, manufacturing agents, chemicals, fertilizer, pharmaceuticals, sanitary products, household paper products, telecommunications, microelectronics/semi-conductor, primary metals manufacturers, machinery manufacturers, electrical equipment, appliance, and component manufacturers, and transportation equipment manufacturers;
Services necessary to maintain the safety and sanitation of residences or essential businesses including security services, custodial services, plumbers, electricians, and other skilled trades;
Media services including television, radio, and newspaper operations;
Gas stations, automobile repair facilities, and retailers who generate the majority of their revenue from the sale of automobile repair products;
Hardware stores;
Laundromats and dry cleaner services;
Utilities, including their contractors and suppliers, engaged in power generation, fuel supply and transmission, water and wastewater supply;
Funeral homes, crematoriums and cemeteries;
Banks, credit unions, insurance providers, payroll services, brokerage services, and investment management firms;
Real estate services including brokers, title companies, and related services.
Businesses providing mailing and shipping services, including post office boxes;
Laboratories and defense and national security-related operations supporting the United States government or a contractor to the United States government;
Restaurants, but only for delivery or carry out and local breweries or distilleries but only for carry out;
Professional services, such as legal or accounting services, but only where necessary to assist in compliance with legally mandated activities; and
Logistics and businesses that store, ship or deliver groceries, food, goods or services directly to residences or retailers.

I'm now considered essential.
this goes till 4/10
damn.

Called this morning to get info, expecting this.  We are as well, sent an email to the governors office as well.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

apparently the only ones on hold are school teachers, bar tenders and strippers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like damned near everything is essential.

Local sign shop closed today, due to the order.  They supply signage for Oil and Gas, among other things.  Figured they’d be essential by that.  But maybe they wanted a break.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Local sign shop closed today, due to the order.  They supply signage for Oil and Gas, among other things.  Figured they’d be essential by that.  But maybe they wanted a break.
View Quote

they didn't announce this till a hour ago.

I'm gonna say probably preventative on their half.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shoulda clarified, it was posted after the governor ordered it.  

Attachment Attached File

Heard and said fuck it I wanna go home. Lol.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#6]
How about Local Gun Stores? Cabelas, Sportsmans warehouse?
Do the have to close?
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do the have to close?
View Quote

Link to state page with exemptions.  . Sounds like it, unless I’m missing something there.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Link to state page with exemptions.  . Sounds like it, unless I’m missing something there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do the have to close?

Seems like this needs to be challenged if the gov can shutdown the second for a "health emergency"
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do the have to close?

If anyone needs anything IM me, ABQ area.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 12:43:57 AM EDT
[#10]
My company closed today because we’re now “non essential”. Fucking hell.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#11]
First death, in NM Eddy Co.   70’s man with multiple underlying conditions.    Passed on Sunday, confirmed today.

Now 112 cases total statewide.  

Link to case totals, by counties w ages, and for some cases hospital vs home status.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
First death, in NM Eddy Co.   70’s man with multiple underlying conditions.    Passed on Sunday, confirmed today.

Link to case totals, by counties w ages, and for some cases hospital vs home status.  
View Quote

And they think he got it from a FING Dr in Roswell that decided to go hang out in NY a few weeks ago.
We are so screwed.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And they think he got it from a FING Dr in Roswell that decided to go hang out in NY a few weeks ago.
We are so screwed.
View Quote

Seriously...what the fuck..
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 11:52:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We are so screwed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are so screwed.

What’s FING?   But yes we are fucked.   Not enough at risk folks are taking this seriously.   My FIL in OC, CA, is still acting like this is nothing.  He’s of compromised health along with a lot of the folks he hangs out with.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:18:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Heading back to Carlsbad Saturday.

Doesn't sound like it's good that way.

Link Posted: 3/26/2020 8:15:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What’s FING?   But yes we are fucked.   Not enough at risk folks are taking this seriously.   My FIL in OC, CA, is still acting like this is nothing.  He’s of compromised health along with a lot of the folks he hangs out with.
View Quote

Sorry I was pissed. FuckING...
From what I read patient got it from a NP filling in for the Dr who was in quarantine.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Probably employees wanting a paid vacation. I have had 3 ask to be laid off so they can collect the juicy unemployment package and go hang with the family...
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Probably employees wanting a paid vacation. I have had 3 ask to be laid off so they can collect the juicy unemployment package and go hang with the family...
View Quote

there's some idiot on the nextdoor app where I live threatening to call the state police because a car dealer was allowing test drives.

he also posts every time he sees a  car he thinks is speeding, and when there's a speed van to complain about the speed van.

Link Posted: 3/26/2020 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

@RC03

Mandatory personnel only are allowed to be out, but almost anyone still working is considered mandatory if you’re involved in O&G.  Lea, and Eddy Co have only 1 confirmed case each, Eddy has no active cases since he passed away before testing positive.   We’ll no doubt have more in the future.  

Positive note, since half of us have been fired or had our hours massively reduced traffic is down.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

From what I read patient got it from a NP filling in for the Dr who was in quarantine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus, that is what will end up screwing us all!
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

@RC03

Mandatory personnel only are allowed to be out, but almost anyone still working is considered mandatory if you’re involved in O&G.  Lea, and Eddy Co have only 1 confirmed case each, Eddy has no active cases since he passed away before testing positive.   We’ll no doubt have more in the future.  

Positive note, since half of us have been fired or had our hours massively reduced traffic is down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@RC03

Thanks for the information, man. I've been rotating out of Lea and Eddy countries for several years now so I read this subforum pretty regular.

I was there when the news broke about the oil/gas market. The reaction was pretty immediate (worse than I've seen before). Seems the China virus has picked up some steam too. Well, at least there isn't any news of a impending comet strike yet . Some friends sent me videos from down that was (Orla, Carlsbad, Artesia), you're not joking about the traffic slowing down. Looks a lot different.

Supplies were pretty short last time I was there so I'm bringing some from home. If any of you dudes need anything give me a shout and I'll grab it on my way in (if I can find it). No toilet paper here either in case you're going to ask for it

@Reno_Raines
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Thanks for the information, man. I've been rotating out of Lea and Eddy countries for several years now so I read this subforum pretty regular.

I was there when the news broke about the oil/gas market. The reaction was pretty immediate (worse than I've seen before). Seems the China virus has picked up some steam too. Well, at least there isn't any news of a impending comet strike yet . Some friends sent me videos from down that was (Orla, Carlsbad, Artesia), you're not joking about the traffic slowing down. Looks a lot different.

Supplies were pretty short last time I was there so I'm bringing some from home. If any of you dudes need anything give me a shout and I'll grab it on my way in (if I can find it). No toilet paper here either in case you're going to ask for it

@Reno_Raines
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@RC03

@Reno_Raines

Appreciate the offer.   If you need TP hit me up, we do porta potties so we’re stocked.

Yeah the traffic is pretty nice, but idiots are still making u turns in sand haulers and bottoming out.   If you’re not a member search Facebook for the “west Texas oilfield traffic update”.  They’re pretty good about posting all the road closures and traffic jams.  

Another plus is hotels should be much cheaper now.  

Kinda funny, our salesman came up with the idea of renting out hand sanitizer stations, lol and he’s been getting tons of request.   I guess not many porta potty/trash trailer combo companies put hand sanitizers in them.  

Most rigs and field offices all have the corona virus precautions and don’t enter unless we call you signs up.  

If you need supplies the smaller grocery chains and Mexican markets have been better stocked than Albertsons and Walmart.

Water is in short supply, or was the other day, and limited to one case per customer so if you’re in the field may be wise to bring a few cases.

Let me know if you need anything while you’re down here.

@RC03

Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Appreciate the offer.   If you need TP hit me up, we do porta potties so we’re stocked.

Yeah the traffic is pretty nice, but idiots are still making u turns in sand haulers and bottoming out.   If you’re not a member search Facebook for the “west Texas oilfield traffic update”.  They’re pretty good about posting all the road closures and traffic jams.  

Kinda funny, our salesman came up with the idea of renting out hand sanitizer stations, lol and he’s been getting tons of request.   I guess not many porta potty/trash trailer combo companies put hand sanitizers in them.  

Most rigs and field offices all have the corona virus precautions and don’t enter unless we call you signs up.  

If you need supplies the smaller grocery chains and Mexican markets have been better stocked than Albertsons and Walmart.

Water is in short supply, or was the other day, and limited to one case per customer so if you’re in the field may be wise to bring a few cases.

@RC03

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@RC03

@Reno_Raines

@RC03

Ha, that's a good idea about the sanitizer stations! I was at McDonald's about a month ago and there was a toilet/trash trailer parked for the store (super fancy one). The sanitation deal would have been spot on there too.

I still don't have Facebook but many of the dudes I work with do. They are in those groups that check traffic /wrecks and other going ons in the are (pretty handy).

Those little stores are where I do my shopping for the most part as well as the meat market. Albertsons is usually pretty good just to get out and about, I'm not dealing with the Walmart there.

When things get back to somewhat normal, hit me up and we'll go eat at Danny's or something.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Keep an eye on the Navajo Rez:

The Navajo Nation reported its first two coronavirus cases on March 17. Just over a week later, there are now 69 cases. The reservation is under stay-at-home orders — but thousands of people must regularly leave their houses for necessities such as water.

"About 40% of Navajos must drive several miles to haul their water and many still use outhouses," member station KJZZ's Laurel Morales reports from Flagstaff for NPR's Newscast unit.

Morales spoke to Shanna Yazzie, who must drive 50 miles to bring drinking water, groceries, and other items back home — and to handle basic tasks, such as dropping off household garbage.

With the new emphasis on handwashing, Yazzie's family is going through more water.

"My mother was asking, 'When are we taking the trash out?'" Yazzie told Morales. "We have four bags of trash and we have to drive into Tuba City. To do that and to do laundry, I'm scared to go do laundry right now. We have a small laundromat here in the community kind of risky for us right now, so our laundry is getting piled up."

Navajo Nation officials declared a public health emergency earlier this month, as the number of cases rapidly rose. They then escalated to a shelter-in-place order on March 20, saying all residents must stay at home except for those involved in essential businesses.

"If we don't comply with the advice of health care and pandemic experts to stay home, we will continue to see greater and greater increases in confirmed cases," Navajo Nation President Jonathan Nez said via Twitter.

Link Posted: 3/26/2020 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ha, that's a good idea about the sanitizer stations! I was at McDonald's about a month ago and there was a toilet/trash trailer parked for the store (super fancy one). The sanitation deal would have been spot on there too.

I still don't have Facebook but many of the dudes I work with do. They are in those groups that check traffic /wrecks and other going ons in the are (pretty handy).

Those little stores are where I do my shopping for the most part as well as the meat market. Albertsons is usually pretty good just to get out and about, I'm not dealing with the Walmart there.

When things get back to somewhat normal, hit me up and we'll go eat at Danny's or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@RC03

@Reno_Raines

@RC03

Sounds like a plan.   Hopefully we can get back to normal soon.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Don't be an idiot, stay the fuck home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck her, POS red flag commie bitch

Jump on the destroy the economy band wagon.

Don't be an idiot, stay the fuck home.

Quoted:

FIFY

Calm down doomers, maybe you should actually try to comprehend WTF I wrote, did I say I was going to the park, mall or go shopping for clothes.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Schools are now closed for the remainder of the year
View Quote

like, wtf does that mean for kids.. do they go to the next grade? do they have to start off next year where they are now?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe you, and expected this.   But do you have a link? @NMwaterfowler.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

like, wtf does that mean for kids.. do they go to the next grade? do they have to start off next year where they are now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I’ve read, and been told by my kids teachers yes.  They’ve sent homework home with our kids to finish out the school year and we’ve been told standardized questions have been put off for this school year.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

there's some idiot on the nextdoor app where I live threatening to call the state police because a car dealer was allowing test drives.

he also posts every time he sees a  car he thinks is speeding, and when there's a speed van to complain about the speed van.

View Quote

Car sales are currently considered non-essential. I work for one of the biggest in the state and our sales department is shut down. Service and parts are still up and running. Fortunately I’m able to still do some work from home.

Realtors must have a better lobby because they’re on the “essential” list
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

https://www.krqe.com/health/coronavirus-new-mexico/state-to-announce-school-closure-extension-friday/
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Car sales are currently considered non-essential. I work for one of the biggest in the state and our sales department is shut down. Service and parts are still up and running. Fortunately I’m able to still do some work from home.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Local GM/Nissan has a brand new sign put up yesterday that hey are “open for business”.   Lots of places around here that don’t qualify according to the page put up by the state are still open.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.krqe.com/health/coronavirus-new-mexico/state-to-announce-school-closure-extension-friday/

Thanks, appreciate it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know, and it has to do with having more income from sales or service. least the service sides stay open.

it was more of a comment on the guy needs a hall monitor sash then anything.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:20:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I know, and it has to do with having more income from sales or service. least the service sides stay open.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood. Just throwing out a little perspective that he’s not technically wrong. Any dealership that is still open is taking a huge gamble. It might take a bit, but I’m sure the government will crack down at some point and the penalties will be onerous. Your neighbor definitely does need to get a life though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:47:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe If the business services an essential business it becomes one.
I may need a new jeep for work...
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
These essential lists are a load of crap.
More people will become infected because they were at Walmart or a grocery store than anywhere else.  
It’s impossible to sanitize these stores during operating hours.
Car dealerships, furniture stores and dentists offices just to name a few are far safer than any big box store.

How about let’s either do this right or not do anything at all.
Full lockdown no grocery stores, convenience stores or fast food... or nothing at all
View Quote

Whoa now, that kind of hard-line pragmatism might scare all the little snowflakes. They can't handle social interaction OR being quarantined inside away from everybody, how dare you tell them to sack up and learn to cope with something
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
More people will become infected because they were at Walmart or a grocery store than anywhere else.  
Car dealerships, furniture stores and dentists offices just to name a few are far safer than any big box store.

Full lockdown no grocery stores, convenience stores or fast food... or nothing at all
View Quote

I'm more worried about drive through just one sick person bagging food and its game on.
The grocery stores near me seem to be doing a good job.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm more worried about drive through just one sick person bagging food and its game on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of my fears as well.   I shop for my compromised parents.   Everything that doesn’t need refrigeration goes into a corner in the garage for 3+ days.   Anything that goes in the fridge/freezer is wiped down with Clorox bleach.   We’ve stopped buying fresh produce since all the mouth breathers touch them all and cough all over everything.   Luckily my brother has a massive garden and organic farm and we’ve planted several of our own vegetables.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2020 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Was in Walgreens yesterday picking up some scripts for my folks and they had signs up stating that starting Monday, March 30th, the indoor pharmacy would be closed.   Drive through only.   I’d imagine it’s gonna be a shit show to pick up prescriptions.  

Not sure if it is chain wide, although the pharmacist tech I talked to said they believed it would be.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh I see how it works, if you think its essential then its essential

Got it.

STAY THE FUCK AT HOME
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:27:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Got it.

STAY THE FUCK AT HOME
View Quote

I wish I could but I have been deemed essential. Was joking about the jeep...
Unless super cheap.
Between taking care of 3 family's and also making delivers I am getting anoid with my f350s 7.5mpg.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Got it.

STAY THE FUCK AT HOME
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it.

STAY THE FUCK AT HOME

We got a letter from the governors office, was asking about it before the mandate went out looking for guidance, and she told us we’re essential.   Oil and Gas.   After reading the mandate damn near everyone in town is either essential or thinks that they are.     Or at least appears that way driving around town.   Local coffee shop had at least 15-20 cars in line at 6pm last night.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#49]
The drive through being open is insane.
They should at very least be using ppe.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The drive through being open is insane.
They should at very least be using ppe.
View Quote

What is PPE?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top