Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2017 12:16:30 PM EDT
Game and Fish got it done 2 weeks early.  I only drew second season bow for elk, but it is better than nothing.  Hope everyone drew some great hunts.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I just found out I got a rifle deer, NO ELK and NO ORXY (and my lifetime is getting shorter)....but I did get JAVALINA (which I figured I would). I also figured I could always hunt quail in January too, so why not put in for the little "pigs." 
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:50:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I got DER 1-349 and the wife drew ELK 1-170.  So glad we have a friend with a cabin outside of Heron Lake.  Two weeks in the camper would drive me batshit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got DER 1-349 and the wife drew ELK 1-170.  So glad we have a friend with a cabin outside of Heron Lake.  Two weeks in the camper would drive me batshit.
View Quote
I love 51B for deer.  Have seen some big ones in there.  I will be in 51 in mid November taking a friend on his cow elk rifle hunt.  I'll let you know if we see any good deer on our scouting trips.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Drew my same hunt from last year. Deer, 34, Muzzleloader. Got a small-ish muley last year so hoping to duplicate the success.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:07:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I drew an archery elk tag.
I haven't shot a bow in about 15 years. Hopefully I can still remember how
View Quote
Nice.  It's not that hard to get back into.  What area will you be hunting and which season?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Put in for Elk, Oryx, and Deer.  Got nothing.  Did you apply with anyone else?  Or are the successful ones a single person on an application?

MAHA
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#8]
This year, I applied solo.  But in most prior years, I have applied with other people.  Unless you are trying to draw a hunt with VERY limited number of tags, it does not make a significant difference.  Studying the draw statistic every year helps to make the best choices on how to structure your application.  But sometimes you just don't get lucky.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:13:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top