BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I pointed out in my email that I could not lend my rifle to my buddy to take on a hunt out of state or on an elk hunt in this state.  I agree the proposed amended 5-day limitation is ludicrous and needs to be lengthened to at least 7 but 10 days would be better.   
View Quote

Nope.  Infinity days would be better.  This bill needs to die.  We've "compromised" with the left for decades, and they keep on asking for more.  It's time for us to start taking back.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree, garand555, that the bill needs to die.  I was just suggesting a way to make it more palatable should it pass. 
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I agree, garand555, that the bill needs to die.  I was just suggesting a way to make it more palatable should it pass. 
View Quote

The less palatable, the more likely we'll be able to challenge it in court and the easier it will be to get some of these legislators voted out of office.  Us gun owners are a grass roots machine, and the NM line on guns is different than the national DNC line on guns.  Our elected officials can respect that, or not hold office.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I called the Governor's office.  The lady answering the phone said these two bills are causing quite a commotion.  Give her a ring and let her know where we all stand.  505-476-2200.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Can we do recall petitions like they did in Colorado?  We really need to get rid of those who sponsor and support these bills. 
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Update:

The bill (HB50) is now at the Senate Public Affairs committee, but I did not see it scheduled anywhere.  My senator, and neighbor, is on that committee.  

Quoted:
Can we do recall petitions like they did in Colorado?  We really need to get rid of those who sponsor and support these bills. 
View Quote

I've never looked into recall petitions.  I am thinking about going after them next election cycle.  I don't know how vulnerable any of them are, and that will take some research.  One of them is South Valley in Abq, so he would have to be crushed by a pro-gun D in the primaries.  Garcia-Richards is Los Alamos and may be vulnerable.  I don't know.  On the Senate version of the bill, one lives in Santa Fe, which means going after him in the primaries, and the other is Espanola, which means Northern NM politics.  Now, you're talking a whole other animal.  They run on the Patron system up there, and we'd have to work with that.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#7]
SGR is not really vulnerable and was just re-elected. There are many pro-gunners up here, but way more D's.

An interesting turn of events though

SGR recalls bill to committee
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
SGR is not really vulnerable and was just re-elected. There are many pro-gunners up here, but way more D's.

View Quote

I worked on a campaign in the '90s where we unseated a 20 year incumbent who wasn't hated in the primaries, and the incumbent lost 2-1.  We really turned some heads in Santa Fe.  I'm one of two people who knows how that campaign was run.  We should figure out which of the sponsors is most vulnerable in the primaries, oust them with a pro gun D and let it be known why.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:28:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I worked on a campaign in the '90s where we unseated a 20 year incumbent who wasn't hated in the primaries, and the incumbent lost 2-1.  We really turned some heads in Santa Fe.  I'm one of two people who knows how that campaign was run.  We should figure out which of the sponsors is most vulnerable in the primaries, oust them with a pro gun D and let it be known why.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IN!
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:49:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would love that, but it will be tough to find a pro gun dem in LA. Im happy to help however I can. Los Alamos sportsmen club has also been active in this ordeal as well, and I'm sure some of the guys there would be happy to help.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm sure all of these anti-2A bastards will be backed by Bloomturd in the next election.  Just a little food for thought.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone know the status of these bills currently?  I feel we're getting backdoored here by SGR and others.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:44:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I haven't heard anything more since HB50 went back to committee. I did see today in the ladailypost that SGR posed with Mrs Potato herself Gabby Gifford. Several Facebook comments on how she's a sellout etc. in fact someone wrote a good rebuttal today as well. How about hitting it up for some likes.

Link to OP Ed
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Another letter sent to both of my legislatures.  Both are the sponsors.  Called Martinez again and will continue to do so every week.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Latest update:

HB50 is dead, and has been replaced by a new HB548 which is more or less the same bill with some tweaks. There is a public hearing on Monday, March 13 at the roundhouse for this bill. There is still a week left for them to pass this. It's important to hammer your legislators and the governor to oppose this onerous bill.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:57:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Filled out the email form from NRA and received this response from District 59 legislator

I did speak against and did vote against HB 50 in the Judiciary committee.  The Speaker has not moved HB 50 to the floor for a vote.  Instead another bill was introduced, HB 548.  HB 548 is a watered down version of HB 50 and I refuse to support any legislation that restricts our second amendment rights.  You do not need to worry about my vote, but if you do not live in my district, please contact your Representative and request them to vote NO on HB 548 as I believe it will get out of Judiciary on Monday and will go to the floor for a vote.

Greg Nibert
District 59, Chaves and Lincoln Counties
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Filled out the email form from NRA and received this response from District 59 legislator

I did speak against and did vote against HB 50 in the Judiciary committee.  The Speaker has not moved HB 50 to the floor for a vote.  Instead another bill was introduced, HB 548.  HB 548 is a watered down version of HB 50 and I refuse to support any legislation that restricts our second amendment rights.  You do not need to worry about my vote, but if you do not live in my district, please contact your Representative and request them to vote NO on HB 548 as I believe it will get out of Judiciary on Monday and will go to the floor for a vote.

Greg Nibert
District 59, Chaves and Lincoln Counties
View Quote

Greg's a great guy. It's the Dems up north that need there asses kicked.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#18]
I am a one man show at work right now and can't take a day off but I hope others can make it.

Your NRA-ILA advocates in Santa Fe have confirmed that the House Judiciary committee will hear House Bill 548 tomorrow, March 13th at 1:30 PM. HB 548 is a similar bill to the Bloomberg backed HB 50, only with a different bill number.

With under a week left in this legislative session, we must stay active and attend this committee meeting. For more information and to RSVP, please click on the link below:

We need everyone to attend Monday's committee meeting to voice our opposition to the unenforceable intrusion on law-abiding citizens that is House Bill 548.

Please share this email with your friends, family, and fellow Second Amendment supporters! Encourage them to join you tomorrow at the committee meeting at 1:30 PM in Room 309 of the Roundhouse because we need pack the committee room.

We are in the final days of the New Mexico legislative session and we cannot allow Michael Bloomberg and his Santa Fe friends in the legislature sneak NYC style gun control through at the last minute.

Yours in Freedom,

Michael G. Horanburg
NRA-ILA Field Coordinator
[email protected]
http://www.nrailafrontlines.com/
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I was stuck at work but I did reach out to my rep.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like the bill has died on a 6-5 vote.  Rest assured it will be back in the future.  Our rep texted us upon the hearing the news.

Fuck Bloomturd
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:46:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Looks like the bill has died on a 6-5 vote.  Rest assured it will be back in the future.  Our rep texted us upon the hearing the news.

Fuck Bloomturd
View Quote

If that's true it would be good news. I have no doubt there will lots of gun control bills brought up over the next few years.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#22]
highest unemployment rate in the country and this is how they focus their time.

plus they're trying to focus the state on increasing its "retirement" population.

I love it up here, but damn I'm getting drawn down and tired of the horrible approach they're taking to everything...
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:25:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
highest unemployment rate in the country and this is how they focus their time.

plus they're trying to focus the state on increasing its "retirement" population.

I love it up here, but damn I'm getting drawn down and tired of the horrible approach they're taking to everything...
View Quote

This state sure has some fucked up ideas about growth. We just found out that they are so bad with budgeting in Santa Fe that the district is talking about laying off 10% of teachers next year and cutting everyone else's salary. It's fucking insanity. Class sizes are already fairly large and the district is getting bigger, not smaller. I'm now pretty glad we are moving out of Santa Fe within a month.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:38:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If that's true it would be good news. I have no doubt there will lots of gun control bills brought up over the next few years.
View Quote

It looks like it is true:

Santa Fe New Mexican
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This state sure has some fucked up ideas about growth. We just found out that they are so bad with budgeting in Santa Fe that the district is talking about laying off 10% of teachers next year and cutting everyone else's salary. It's fucking insanity. Class sizes are already fairly large and the district is getting bigger, not smaller. I'm now pretty glad we are moving out of Santa Fe within a month.
View Quote

Interesting, since the "logic" (loose term) to go up on property taxes to build a new school was dwindling enrollment.

The focus on the direction of the city is horrible service based industry, government and retirement. Its like they picked the 3 worst things.. so its a dwindling retiernment community for unemployable city workers and waiters.

watch out Mississippi, we want the award for worst state.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:39:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Interesting, since the "logic" (loose term) to go up on property taxes to build a new school was dwindling enrollment.

The focus on the direction of the city is horrible service based industry, government and retirement. Its like they picked the 3 worst things.. so its a dwindling retiernment community for unemployable city workers and waiters.

watch out Mississippi, we want the award for worst state.
View Quote

Why would they raise taxes if there were less kids? (Stupid question)

My wife's school's enrollment has been increasing every year since we moved here.

They do have a saying where she works - "Welcome to Santa Fe, where every decision is the wrong one".  I just really can't understand this state. You hear people complain that taxes are too high and then when they talk about raising them, people come out of the woodwork saying that are taxes are low compared to kommiefornia so clearly we should raise them .

On a positive note, one of the few conservatives I know at work saw an "Impeach SGR" bumper sticker this week
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:38:46 PM EDT
[#27]
The board approved the opening of a new school at that location to house the combined student populations of De Vargas and Capshaw Middle School, now on Zia Road, both of which are dealing with declining enrollment. That move will also allow the Mandela International Magnet School, housed in a wing of De Vargas, to relocate and expand. The board has not yet decided where to relocate Mandela.
View Quote
http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/school-board-seeks-m-property-tax-bond/article_d4e06905-e3d6-57a7-8f39-d10fde692632.html

you just know that some school board members Primo owns a construction company and has big plans for the "new school" there will be bids but the contractor is already picked. This is how things work out here.

The city is fucking dumb. They have no ideas for a reasonable meaningful direction to take the city. they don't want business but they want tax money as much as they can get, they don't know how to cut back on the atrocious over spending and insane size of lazy city employee work force only to just keep adding more people and when that doesn't work, hire some more.

Now they want to do this stupid "sugar drink tax" 2c on every oz of "sugar drink" so they can run some kind of pre-k system... we all know how sin taxes work in the end (less money over all) and knowing this city not a dime will end up where it was supposed to,

to top it off they're thieves... if your on city water, I suggest you pay close attention to your water bill because those rat bastards are known to "estimate" water usage, always to their advantage by quite a bit.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top