Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2017 11:03:36 PM EDT
Hey guys/gals, I am moving to downtown little rock next month to get close to an internship there and wondering what the closest/best rifle range is to the area? I looked through the range listing and found Benton Gun Club and it looks like a really nice range. I won't be shooting anything fancy but like the idea of action targets. Due to living conditions will probably only bring 308 bolt gun, AR9, and side arm. So I would like to have ability to shoot longer distances for bolt gun and maybe action targets for AR9 and handgun.

Gonna be in a semi sketchy area of the city and hear the crime rate is skyrocketing in LR! :(
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Meh, I lived downtown off 6th St. years ago in the late 90's.  You'll be fine, just keep to yourself and be careful at night.  Expect your car to be broken into.  Aside from the club shooting a few weeks ago, the gang activity is mostly restricted to other parts of town.

Benton is the best game in town, several here are members.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 12:50:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh, I lived downtown off 6th St. years ago in the late 90's.  You'll be fine, just keep to yourself and be careful at night.  Expect your car to be broken into.  Aside from the club shooting a few weeks ago, the gang activity is mostly restricted to other parts of town.

Benton is the best game in town, several here are members.
View Quote
Thanks SaloSV, Benton is first i'll check out then.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah Benton Gun Club is great.   Dues are relatively cheap at this point.   Joining fee is a little stiff($100.00) but only a one time charge if you keep your membership active.    $175.00 to join.    They do have one range that goes to 600 yards with berms.   Gated and all members have a key.   Dues Jan 1st to Jan 1st.    To join you have to attend one of the monthly meetings in Benton and then be voted in.   You can bring quests.    The current President of the gun club is a member here.

Located in a reclaimed quarry area.   7 ranges?  Or maybe 8.    No fully auto fire at this point.  No lights for night stuff.   Covered shooting areas.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Current member.  I would never let my membership expire, even if I didn't use it regularly.  Worth mentioning, the "active" targets are not available for member use.  They are only used during competition.  The only steel left on the range is on the long range at measured berms 200m, 300m, 400m, 500m.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Game & Fish, if you can catch them when they aren't busy.  

NEVER show up with any guns or magazines loaded.  They'll tell you to go home for the day before you even get started.

Watch your back downtown.  You'll probably be fine, but don't let your guard down.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Game & Fish, if you can catch them when they aren't busy.  

NEVER show up with any guns or magazines loaded.  They'll tell you to go home for the day before you even get started.

Watch your back downtown.  You'll probably be fine, but don't let your guard down.
View Quote
Closed for renovations as far as I know.
I think a land owner made some complaints or something, so they had to add some more ricochet preventive "stuff".
Cheap to shoot there, but only allows bench resting of rifles.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah Benton Gun Club is great.   Dues are relatively cheap at this point.   Joining fee is a little stiff($100.00) but only a one time charge if you keep your membership active.    $175.00 to join.    They do have one range that goes to 600 yards with berms.   Gated and all members have a key.   Dues Jan 1st to Jan 1st.    To join you have to attend one of the monthly meetings in Benton and then be voted in.   You can bring quests.    The current President of the gun club is a member here.

Located in a reclaimed quarry area.   7 ranges?  Or maybe 8.    No fully auto fire at this point.  No lights for night stuff.   Covered shooting areas.
View Quote
Just bring your own lights!

Link Posted: 8/29/2017 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Closed for renovations as far as I know.
I think a land owner made some complaints or something, so they had to add some more ricochet preventive "stuff".
Cheap to shoot there, but only allows bench resting of rifles.
View Quote
I moved a few years ago, I didn't realize that.

Judging from the holes in the roof directly above the bench, they are going to need some serious preventatives.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 12:56:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Just bring your own lights!
View Quote
Good idea!  I need a smaller generator unit.   I have an older 2500 watt unit that is pretty heavy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:31:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Mayflower(AFGC) is supposed to reopen on the 8th.

Arkansas Armory in Sherwood is an option.

UFO in cabot is moving this fall to a much bigger place. Eventually will have 10 lanes at 25yds
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top