Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2017 10:42:56 PM EDT
The wife and I are thinking about coming down the second week of July and camp for a few days and explore the park. Anything else near by that we need to check out? I love your state. 12 more years and I can move there.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Petit Jean state park has a lot to see - trails and hikes, waterfalls, my wife and I stop in at the lodge and eat a few times a year.

There's a car museum down the road if you're into that.  

However that is about it at or near Petit Jean
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:52:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Might I suggest Mount Magazine State Park.they have a big lodge with a nice restaurant, and spectacular views. Nearby Altus is the heart of the Arkansas Wine country.  widderker (sp?) wine cellars is a cool place to visit, and there are several smaller wineries in the area.

Petit Jean State Park is nice too, and has the waterfall you can hike to. The car museum is a little weak, I'd probably skip that. They do have a Ranchero that belonged to Elvis Presley and some other oddball old cars.

Mt Nebo State Park has hiking trails and camping, but no lodge or restaurant.

Lots of things to see and do around here.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you guys for the info
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Well last night at Petit Jean. Great place! Hiked the 2 main trails saw the spectacular water fall. And the grotto at seven hollows trail was really neat. Went to greers ferry fish hatchery, Blanchard caverns, and then had dinner at mount magazine. The duck tenders were great! Holla bend wildlife refuge was a great little trip along with the Petit Jean wma. Wish I would of brought some fishing gear for the Petit Jean river and greers ferry. Can't wait to get retired and move down here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top