Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 11:33:36 AM EDT
My fire dept has about 15 old SCBA bottles they're looking to clear out of the building. some of them are expired carbon wrapped ones and some are aluminum ones that just need to be retested. I thought about trying to sell them to off roaders for an air supply for air tools but haven't got much of a bite. I guess 2216 psi is a bit much for most people lol.

So, gimme some ideas on how to get rid of em or use em since we won't be using them on airpacks anymore.

Eta, not trying to sell them on here. if there is any interest let me know by IM and we'll work a deal through the EE.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#1]
they're only rated for 2k? that's not that much to regulate down for use, it's the fact that it's compressed air, and the same size take of Co2 will give you 75% or so more use since it's liquid converting to gas.

if they were 3k+, they'd be good for paintball fills
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
they're only rated for 2k? that's not that much to regulate down for use, it's the fact that it's compressed air, and the same size take of Co2 will give you 75% or so more use since it's liquid converting to gas.

if they were 3k+, they'd be good for paintball fills

2216. don't know how or why they came to that number.  we go over 4k with scuba tanks that are almost identical. The fire service tanks that arent' 2216, are 4432
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#3]
too bad they are not in the 3000-4000 psi range, i could have helped ya get rid of them....

if your looking to get rid of them , my buddy that owns a paintball field could always use them for props in his big games he puts on every year..
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
too bad they are not in the 3000-4000 psi range, i could have helped ya get rid of them....

if your looking to get rid of them , my buddy that owns a paintball field could always use them for props in his big games he puts on every year..

they want them gone, but i can't give them away. other than that, what I do with them is up to me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]
A fellow at work took some expired CO2 fire extinguishers and made wind chime bells out of them. Thought is sounded stupid, but after he brought one back to work it wasn't half bad.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My fire dept has about 15 old SCBA bottles they're looking to clear out of the building. some of them are expired carbon wrapped ones and some are aluminum ones that just need to be retested. I thought about trying to sell them to off roaders for an air supply for air tools but haven't got much of a bite. I guess 2216 psi is a bit much for most people lol.

So, gimme some ideas on how to get rid of em or use em since we won't be using them on airpacks anymore.

step one: find long, straight road
step two: attach bottle to skateboard using duct tape.
step three: ????
step four: use sledge hammer on valve
step five: Profit
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like the way you think.  Except, how's this:  instead of a road, we use a boat ramp  and the skateboard has no trucks.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the way you think.  Except, how's this:  instead of a road, we use a boat ramp  and the skateboard has no trucks.

is step six to hold on with a tube and rope?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#10]

you'll get approx 250-300 shots... all from a tank almost two feet long.... yeah, go right ahead.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

is step six to hold on with a tube and rope?

Nah.  Just as likely to dig an edge and sit there and cut donuts.  But I think Step Three should involve placing bets on which goes the farthest!

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#12]
any chance of buying one bottle plus just the pack frame(No PASS alarm or regulator). I've been looking to find a bottle plus the frame to train/work out in on my days off. I'd be happy to buy one but I understand if you guys need to keep the frames.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Where are you located?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Where are you located?

15 minutes from conway, mayflower, and vilonia

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top