Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 2:39:07 PM EDT
I need to drive from Dallas to Branson, Mo.

Everyone is telling me to go around Arkansas thru Oklahoma because the road from Texarkana to Fayetteville is twist-central and covered up with loggin trucks.

Any truth to this?? I thought they put in a nice new highway along this route since I lived in Fayetteville back in the 1970s'...

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#1]
According to my map, the best way to go is hwy 75 / 69 out of Dallas up thru Oklahoma until you get to I-40.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#2]
From Dallas I would not recommend going through Texarkana.  In my opinion the shortest/ best way is to go through Sherman, McCalister, OK to Chouteau,OK.  This is all on Hwy 69/75, I think.  From Chouteau go east on Hwy 412 through Siloam Springs AR, then to Springdale and on to just North of Harrison,AR.   From there you would go north to Branson on Hwy 65.

The road that you remember being improved is only from Fort Smith to Fayetteville.  The rest still sucks.

Steve

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:14:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I have driven that route before.  We went north through Oklahoma and turned right just before tulse I think.  I wouldn't recomend Texarkana just because I think it would take longer.  The roads aren't that bad...just take you longer...Though you would go through Collin Rays hometown...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#4]
US Hwy 71 from T-town to Fayettenam is not a good choice for the most part.

Its kinda curvy and covered in log trucks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:05:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have driven that route before.  We went north through Oklahoma and turned right just before tulse I think.  I wouldn't recomend Texarkana just because I think it would take longer.  The roads aren't that bad...just take you longer...Though you would go through Collin Rays hometown...

Oh yeah, that makes it all worth it right there
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, he sings that song that I love....its called....um...you know...its my favorite song....what is that song?

No joke, They have a Colin Ray blvd and everything.  I can't remember what town it is though.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey, he sings that song that I love....its called....um...you know...its my favorite song....what is that song?

No joke, They have a Colin Ray blvd and everything.  I can't remember what town it is though.

Is it DeQueen?  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool.

Thanks for the good info guys...

I guess Oklahoma to Missouri it is...

Sorry I can't head thru my old home state...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top