Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/11/2006 10:47:58 PM EDT
Most I see are in pawn shops and their prices for used guns are usually so close to new that it makes no sense to shop. I've been looking for a good, reasonably priced Marlin in either 30-30 or 35 Remington for three months with nothing found that was either priced right or not junk.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:42:00 PM EDT
I have not found a pawn shop that is worth shit in central Arkansas. I have heard of a few good deals in some high end firearms that the shop owner didn't know what they had but as a rule, I see close to NIB prices. I usualy see better used gun prices in gun stores.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:20:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By demented56:
Most I see are in pawn shops and their prices for used guns are usually so close to new that it makes no sense to shop. I've been looking for a good, reasonably priced Marlin in either 30-30 or 35 Remington for three months with nothing found that was either priced right or not junk.

How much are you wanting to spend? One of the guys I work with was looking for a 35 Remington during deer season and we tracked down a few. I also know there were a lot of 30-30's. I don't know what a fair price for these rifles would be. I pretty much stick with AK's but I'm make the rounds of the pawn shops near me a few times a month. Let me know how much your wanting to spend and if I see something I will let you know.

Sign_Wolfman
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:07:49 AM EDT
Thanks for the offer. As you know, Wally world has them for $300. I'd like to get one around 200 or less I figure the 35's may command a premium, tho. I also have an XD 9 I'd be willing to do a partial trade on, with me getting some cash and the rifle. I don't have to have a like new version as long as its mechanically sound with good bore.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:50:52 AM EDT
Let me know if you find a place with good prices. I was at a pawn shop when a Mauser came off of pawn. They were asking $350 for just the rifle. He asked what I thought and I told him you could get one of the Mitchell's for around $300 with all the accessories.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:06:59 PM EDT
You can get a mauser for LOTS cheaper than that. I got a Turk for $49 and a M48 (same thing Mitchels is selling) for $79. Gotta love a C&R !!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:12:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KD5TXX:
You can get a mauser for LOTS cheaper than that. I got a Turk for $49 and a M48 (same thing Mitchels is selling) for $79. Gotta love a C&R !!!

All I have gotten with mine is a Mossin, but I am lovin the Midway discount. I have saved well over $300 in the past 6 months. Where did you get the Turk for $49?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:42:02 PM EDT
Wholesale Guns and Ammo about 3 years ago. REAL nice shape. I think they are around $70 now. I use Midway ALOT!
Top Top