Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/29/2005 3:11:13 PM EDT
Hey guys. I'm up here at my parents house and need a fire control group for an AR. It for an SP1, but it's small pin holes (and here I am with large pin hole parts).

Is there any place to get this in the area? Or does anyone have extra parts that they'd sell? I'll be leaving Sunday, so I need to so something quick. This is for my uncle's AR and I'd like to fix it before I leave.

Thanks in advance for reading and replying.

R.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:42:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By freemanesq:
Hey guys. I'm up here at my parents house and need a fire control group for an AR. It for an SP1, but it's small pin holes (and here I am with large pin hole parts).

Is there any place to get this in the area? Or does anyone have extra parts that they'd sell? I'll be leaving Sunday, so I need to so something quick. This is for my uncle's AR and I'd like to fix it before I leave.

Thanks in advance for reading and replying.

R.

Call Scotty at Arkansas Outdoor Supply in Siloam Springs. I am sure he has fire control groups. I will be coming to Fort Smith tomorrow, so if you guys work something out, I could bring it to you. I bought one from him a couple months ago for $40. His number is 479-549-2355. Tell him Chris told you to call.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:32:47 PM EDT
Where is this Arkansas outdoor supply that you speak of? Am I blind? I don't recall this place...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:06:31 AM EDT
Try Coopers Gun and coin...or pawn and gun or something. They have a gunsmith and are in Ft Smith. They might have the parts.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:43:03 AM EDT
sarge38624, thank you so much for the kind offer. Since we're not shooting today, I think we'll just drive up there to Siloam Springs and pick it up. I haven't been there in years - since I went to church camp up there as a teen.

KD5TXX - thanks also. I'll put that place on the list of places to visit.

R.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:29:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GNX:
Where is this Arkansas outdoor supply that you speak of? Am I blind? I don't recall this place...

Scotty is operating it out of his home right now. He is a single guy with a decent sized house, so space isn't an issue for him. He is selling lots of AR's and parts online and locally. He is selling to a couple of gunshops in Fayetteville at his regular price, and they are marking them up and reselling them. I am telling you, if you are in the market for an AR, give him a call. He has built two guns for me. Both are awesome and problem free.
Top Top