User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 12:38:12 PM EDT
I haven't got to go in yet, but I drove by and saw through the door, MP-5s    
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Wonder if they would trade an MP-5 for a right nut.  I think I would be interested in one if that how they would trade.

ETA: Where were you at yesterday big guy?  Hell GD was slow and I couldn't figure out what was missing, then it hit me that you weren't posting and helping to add to the insanity.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I stopped in last Thursday to check it out.  The guy was really helpful.  The prices were a little high on some things, but they are just getting started and two guys run it on their off days.  One of the guys runs the barber shop on the other side/part of the building.

They had some nice stuff.  Most a little out of my price range regardless of whether it was priced right or not.  Hey, I'm on a low budget for my hobby -- That's why I love AK's!!

DK
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wonder if they would trade an MP-5 for a right nut.  I think I would be interested in one if that how they would trade.

ETA: Where were you at yesterday big guy?  Hell GD was slow and I couldn't figure out what was missing, then it hit me that you weren't posting and helping to add to the insanity.

I actually had to leave the office yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:01:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Great guys to talk to, but their prices are a little high. I did like drooling over the Barrett. They said that they will be doing some home defense classes in the spring.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#5]
where is this place at?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:05:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Markham and Shackleford,  between Jason's deli and the Gas station at the corner.  Behind the liquor store.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#7]
So it's right by west end? I haven't even noticed it, I'll have to check it out. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Markham and Shackleford,  between Jason's deli and the Gas station at the corner.  Behind the liquor store.

I will go to check it out tomorrow.  Hadn't heard about it.  You say there's a barber shop too?  I need a haircut.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I checked it out yesterday. I guess it was alright, kinda small and expensive compared to internet prices. The guys that were there did seem really nice and seemed to know at least a little about guns, unlike one of the other shops in the LR/NLR area. One of the guys on 102.9 gave them alot of advertising today. They were talking about having concealed carry permits, and the DJ was saying that they were going to do his class, and he was buying his gun from them.

Why can't somebody open up a shop with selection like Gander Mtn, except with "cool" guns & accessories, class 3, and good prices. Just have it all at one place, wouldn't that be nice.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I checked it out yesterday. I guess it was alright, kinda small and expensive compared to internet prices. The guys that were there did seem really nice and seemed to know at least a little about guns, unlike one of the other shops in the LR/NLR area. One of the guys on 102.9 gave them alot of advertising today. They were talking about having concealed carry permits, and the DJ was saying that they were going to do his class, and he was buying his gun from them.

Why can't somebody open up a shop with selection like Gander Mtn, except with "cool" guns & accessories, class 3, and good prices. Just have it all at one place, wouldn't that be nice.

Cause there is hardly any money in gun shops anymore due to the internet, and big corporations don't want to mess with something that is as hard to profit from and has all the paperwork BS like class 3 items.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I know the reason, I just don't like it, lol. By the way, did y'all see the Barrett 50cal in there?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:41:43 AM EDT
[#12]
SO seriously I need to know, is there really an adjacent barber shop, and do you think it's any good?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
SO seriously I need to know, is there really an adjacent barber shop, and do you think it's any good?

Yeah, it's right next door, in the same building
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:23:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, it's right next door, in the same building

UPDATE

One of the partners in the gunstore is the barber and he gave me a decent haircut for cheap this morning.

Also the MP5 that dusty saw is a semi HK94 with long barrel.  I forgot to see how much they were asking.  They are a SOT/Class III but no items in stock.  Handgun selection was Glock and HK heavy, he told me they are going to possibly reduce the glocks and add more SIGs, they will stick with HK (which is good since Don's doesn't sell HKs any more.)

There is a lovely HK Mk 23 in there, an FN FiveseveN, as well as a Rohrbach.  A whole case of nice 1911s ranging all the way from a $550 springfield to $3k+ Wilsons.

Also as mentioned there is a 50 cal rifle there, and they have a lovely case with Microtech Autoknives  Also EOTechs and a Beta C mag.

All in all I'm pleased they're not a ninny sissy shop.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#15]

One of the partners in the gunstore is the barber and he gave me a decent haircut for cheap this morning.

Also the MP5 that dusty saw is a semi HK94 with long barrel.  I forgot to see how much they were asking.  They are a SOT/Class III but no items in stock.  Handgun selection was Glock and HK heavy, he told me they are going to possibly reduce the glocks and add more SIGs, they will stick with HK (which is good since Don's doesn't sell HKs any more.)

There is a lovely HK Mk 23 in there, an FN FiveseveN, as well as a Rohrbach.  A whole case of nice 1911s ranging all the way from a $550 springfield to $3k+ Wilsons.

Also as mentioned there is a 50 cal rifle there, and they have a lovely case with Microtech Autoknives  Also EOTechs and a Beta C mag.

All in all I'm pleased they're not a ninny sissy shop.

If I remember correctly, the HK94 is $3500 or $3900.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I was driving by, with a chick in the Car,  be glad I happened to notice it was an HK.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Dusty,

Don't you know that you are breaking the rules by taking a chick to a gunshop!!

The only time they are allowed to go in any establishment that sells guns is when you are showing them what you want them to buy you for your birthday or xmas!!!    LOL

J/K

m4geek
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Hell that is the men's den.  I didn't take her in Aint happenin unless it's to let her pick out a new gun.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top